Collapse

Here are the Internal GM Names of the New Exterior Colors for the 2022 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the pictures the brown and orange look the same to me. I can wait to see the real difference.

Comment

The orange is, I'm willing to bet, this Cadillac Blackwing color, Orange Blaze Metallic. I'd by this if I had to wait until 2022.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 2.32.08 PM.png
Views:	308
Size:	489.9 KB
ID:	243962

Hypersonic Gray could be Cadillac's Satin Steel Metallic:

Name:	2022-Cadillac-CT5-V-Blackwing-in-Satin-Steel-Metallic-G9K-001-1024x575.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	243963
      The Brown? No idea.

But except for the orange, sounds like more boring, dark colors. Yawn.
      Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by TAdams65 View Post

?? The C8.R is silver, not grey.
        The Grey and Silver are in the same family. My wife's new Satin Steel Metallic Avenir Envision looks very similar to the C8R's color. Depending on the lighting it looks darker and then a lot lighter. To me they both look very similar. Heck, the one salesman called it grey and another called it silver, go figure. LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	GMC Envision Aviner Back.jpg Views:	0 Size:	364.5 KB ID:	243967 Click image for larger version

Name:	C8R.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	243968
        Last edited by Marc NY; 02-23-2021, 01:51 PM. Reason: Add C8 R picture
        Marc

Comment

Not being able to see the new orange in person, I’m happy to have Sebring Orange. I was hoping for a light green or even a purple for 2022.

Comment

Im not impressed with either of the three new colors, but that’s just one persons opinion. I was hoping for something brighter, neon green, maybe a chartreuse, more like the color of absinthe, etc, something really out of the box, but to me, these colors are kinda drab. Doesn’t mean they won’t look nice on your car, it just means I don’t think it’ll look nice on mine. 😄

Everyone has their own tastes too, some people like T-Bones, others like Sushi.
            07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

I'm out on a limb in this thread. My first choice would have been Zeus Bronze with the Natural interior. I've seen that combo in person and it (particularly a top-down HTC) looks freakin' awesome to me (disclaimer -- sunny day). But, I just sent my $$$$ to MM so that ain't happening. If the new "brown" has a similar deep gold metallic vibe like Zeus, I'm thrilled. If not, let's see the new Grey. "Plan B" is the Red Mist which also looks superb; it's just that something about adding $1K for a color choice rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

For those commenting on the look of the new colors, we haven’t seen what they look like yet, all we know is their names. The photos in the original post (post #1) specifically say that they are using the 2021 colors in the photos because pictures of the new 2022 colors “are not yet available”.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  The orange is, I'm willing to bet, this Cadillac Blackwing color, Orange Blaze Metallic. I'd by this if I had to wait until 2022.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 2.32.08 PM.png
Views:	308
Size:	489.9 KB
ID:	243962
                  SOLD! My wife and I just ordered a Z06 in that color. Wonder what its Corvette customer (public) name will be.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Was really hoping for something in the green spectrum.... but this looks like 3 tweaks of 3 existing colors. (I'll admit that the new orange looks better than the old orange if the photos can be trusted. Still, I was hoping for a green...

Kermit
                    2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3800 status, scheduled for build 4/14 - Shipping "Delayed"

Comment

Originally posted by kdlp View Post
                      (I'll admit that the new orange looks better than the old orange if the photos can be trusted. Still, I was hoping for a green...
                      That is the old orange you're looking at. 🙂 Looks exactly the same as it did in the configurator...

Comment

Wish they would offer that Cadillac Blackwing wheel on the Corvette!

Comment

Personal taste, but I did not get Zeus Bronze, and I don't understand why another brown was chosen. If trends continue, the new brown will again be the least popular color by a very large margin, and yes I have seen Zeus in person.
                          The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Kind of disappointing that they don't seem to be replacing the retired colors with anything really spectacular... I do like the orange a bit better, but it seems they could have gone a bit farther and more unique with their color palette.

That said, I still love my ELB and don't see anything in the projected 2022 lineup that would bump that out of 1st position choice if I was buying another.
                            Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
                            Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

These colors, like any need to be seen to be appreciated, or frowned upon.
                              I'm surprised at the brown.
                              2021 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and gray hash marks. September first delivery??

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
                                That is the old orange you're looking at. 🙂 Looks exactly the same as it did in the configurator...
                                . The only orange C8 I ever saw was indoors and had no where near the depth of the orange Cadillac that’s pictured above.

And as far as I’m concerned the colors generated by the configurator are laughable. They get you in “the neighborhood”, but that’s about it. The black and the white are about the only 2 that are credible.

2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3800 status, scheduled for build 4/14 - Shipping "Delayed"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X