Collapse

Here are the Internal GM Names of the New Exterior Colors for the 2022 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are the Internal GM Names of the New Exterior Colors for the 2022 Corvette

Click image for larger version

Name:	022321_2.jpg
Views:	5620
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	243931

Crossposted by CorvetteBlogger.com

Recently we shared the news that three current exterior colors for the 2021 Corvette will soon be retired. Those colors are Sebring Orange, Shadow Gray, and Zeus Bronze. The final order dates for the colors are rapidly approaching with Sebring Orange and Zeus Bronze available for order through April 29th while Shadow Gray fans have until May 27th to order the color.

So now, of course, the attention now turns to what exterior colors maybe replacing those three for the 2022 Corvette model year.

Conventional wisdom, at least with Shadow Gray and possibly Sebring Orange, is that those colors will be replaced by similar colors, meaning a new Gray and Orange to replace the outgoing colors. The Zeus Bronze is such a novelty color that it’s hard to say how that one will go.

However, we do have some insight thanks to a Corvette fan who suggested I broaden my search parameters, and thanks to him, I think we might have stumbled on the internal color names and RPO codes for the new colors. As we have previously discussed, all GM exterior colors have two names. There is the actual color name and then the marketing name that is generally unique to each vehicle. An example is the Corvette color Zeus Bronze Metallic that is also the exact same color as Cadillac’s Bronze Sand Metallic. The real name for that exterior is Zeus 1 Metallic.

We came across these three new color names thanks to the European Corvette dealer’s website that shows what is expected to be the European C8 model line-up and we have high confidence that this info is correct. The European C8 Corvette will only be offered as a 3LT trim package with select colors available for the Coupe and Convertible. Because these are expected to arrive as 2022 model year Corvettes, the dealer site shows the new color names that will be replacing Sebring Orange, Shadow Gray, and Zeus Bronze.

The new 2022 Corvette model year colors are listed as:
    • GA7 Hypersonic Gray Metallic
    • G48 Caffeine Brown Metallic
    • GC5 Amplify Orange Tintcoat
    We believe these are the internal names for the colors as the dark red Convertible on the site shows the name Tactical Red Tintcoat (GPH) which corresponds to the marketing name and RPO for “Red Mist Metallic”, and the disclaimer below it says that it’s replacing RPO G1E which was Long Beach Red. The example below shows the current configurations (2021) with the new color names listed as a disclaimer under each color:

We’ve searched several sources looking for any kind of data for paint chips or other examples for the new colors but haven’t found anything yet for the 2022 colors.

Again, no real surprises with a Gray replacing a Gray and Orange replacing Orange. We are hoping that the new Hypersonic Gray will match the color of the No. 4 Corvette C8.R racecar, but other than that, we have no feelings at all towards the new Orange although we all know which one Alex voted for in our recent poll?.

As for Caffeine Brown, we can’t tell if they are going to go lighter or darker with that shade but already I can already hear the voices of the Corvette Nation faithful crying out in terror and were suddenly silenced with the news that another Brown exterior is coming. Only 548 Corvettes were built in Zeus Bronze Metallic which represented 2.69% of all 2020 Corvettes produced and it finished dead last of the 12 exteriors. A lighter or darker shade of the same color won’t change that rank.

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Thanks CorvetteBlogger.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I can't wait to see all 3 of the new color options. Thanks for sharing 👍👍
      Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

If that is true, then I give it a big MEEH.... uneventful😏
        Placed order for 3LT, Rapid Blue, two-tone blue interior & splash guards. ETA Late 2021

Comment

Putting an optimistic face on these just internal GM names:

Caffeine Brown Metallic (G48): It is bold in real life. Something like this $1.4M Mocha LaFerrari:

Click image for larger version  Name:	F4DD6E9C-CDAD-4216-B8E3-02AA2719B584.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	534.8 KB ID:	243939

Hypersonic Gray Metallic (GA7): This is the C8.R # 4’s gray:

Click image for larger version  Name:	734373E1-BAFF-4E13-B543-E41282402766.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	203.9 KB ID:	243940

Amplify Orange Tintcoat (GC5): This is a ver much alike this Lamborghini’s orange:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1D550AAF-1426-4727-BBB6-A2749D9C4183.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	314.4 KB ID:	243941
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

ummmmm

Yeah... hope the Orange is more POP with a gloss finish and not metallic.
            Really hope the gray/silver is like the C8R.
            Another Brown... Kinda bummed. Was hoping for something different.

And I never expected to hear anything about a new 2022 model, but I wished to be wrong.
            Brian Huber
            Previous Corvettes
            2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
            2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

The source of these internal GM color names is a Czechoslovakia Corvette re-selling dealership. Please note if you go to this site, that the color pictures (after I translated the verbiage) are stated to be the 2021 existing colors — not the 2022 new ones.

https://www.corvette-praha.cz/nova-c...y-convertible/

Comment

Ok Good, no reasion for me to wait for 2022
                [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
                [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

I was also hoping for crazy new color options for at least two of the three. I have never been a fan of brown cars no matter what. While disappointed in them so far one can hope they are terrific when they appear.

Comment

Still not having color regrets after seeing the new offerings. The new grey has a chance to be my E-Ray but I hoping for more vibrant colors in '23.

Comment

The orange definitely looks like it has more POP than Sebring Orange and the new gray has more blue in it. I'm not thrilled about the brown color though...

Comment

2022 won't affect my first color choice of Red Mist. However the ELB is still my 2nd choice. Although a brighter Orange might look very nice, as would be a C8 R grey too. ZB was a nice color but another brown would not be in my choice range so once again it probably wouldn't get out of the bottom of C8 colors.
                        Marc

Comment

This is great news for my sister who loves Orange C8 and wanted one. Now its less pressure to order it in next 2 months
                          First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            The source of these internal GM color names is a Czechoslovakia Corvette re-selling dealership. Please note if you got to this site, that the color pictures (after I translated the verbiage) are stated to be the 2021 existing colors — not the 2022 new ones.

https://www.corvette-praha.cz/nova-c...y-convertible/
                            So...
                            Are you saying that these might not be anything related? If they are listing as 2021 colors, could those be something else? I'm a bit confused.
                            Brian Huber
                            Previous Corvettes
                            2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
                            2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Putting an optimistic face on these just internal GM names:

Caffeine Brown Metallic (G48): It is bold in real life. Something like this $1.4M Mocha LaFerrari:

Click image for larger version Name:	F4DD6E9C-CDAD-4216-B8E3-02AA2719B584.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	534.8 KB ID:	243939

Hypersonic Gray Metallic (GA7): This is the C8.R # 4’s gray:

Click image for larger version Name:	734373E1-BAFF-4E13-B543-E41282402766.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	203.9 KB ID:	243940

Amplify Orange Tintcoat (GC5): This is a very much alike this Lamborghini’s orange:

Click image for larger version Name:	1D550AAF-1426-4727-BBB6-A2749D9C4183.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	314.4 KB ID:	243941
                              ?? The C8.R is silver, not grey.
                              The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X