Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

Ok, what's the best recorded Fuel Economy anyone here has observed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, what's the best recorded Fuel Economy anyone here has observed?

I'm a write it down on paper and calculate it type guy.. I don't care about what any computer tells me about it. Write it down and log it for records.
    So, what's the best fuel economy for one tank you've seen? If not interested, go to next topic.

A long 868 mile trip by Jeremy Welborn got 35 MPG. You can search for it as a thread here.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

29.4 is the best I have seen for a trip. That was on initial break in, so I was going easy on it. I know it's capable of better but I just can't seem to keep my right foot out of it. It's just too much fun to flog it.

Comment

Here is the thread/video John was talking about. I think for thw whole trip the dash said 30MPG, but for a 50 mile stint it was 35.
        I will be doing some hypermiling. Many people do not like the V4 mode, however I am looking forward to it. I believe in top off, drive, top off and calculate mileage that way. I have found that the dashboard MPG is usually optimistic. Though we would need 2 sets of numbers. One with the wing, and one without (or Z51 and non-z51).
        2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/2020; 2000=12/18/2020; 3800=2-22-2021;4200 3-1-2021

Comment

We need a thread for the lowest gas mileage and an award for the driver. Now that would be an inspiration to get going or stay out of the way and park it. Of course at legal speed limits or on a drive in Mexico.

Comment

No idea. I didn't buy this car for its fuel economy. 😀

Comment

Never looked , IDC haha

Comment

Don't know !Don't care!

Comment

Haven't really looked at this closely and I just got out of my break in period but I would say that my MPG has been maybe low 20s.

Comment

I went for a rip the other day up a few exits on the highway near me. Averaged 14.3 MPG, according to the dashboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_C8 View Post
                      I went for a rip the other day up a few exits on the highway near me. Averaged 14.3 MPG, according to the dashboard.
                      Congrats! You are an inspiration and a hero to all corvette drivers. Who will be the next to get into the 13's? possibly. How hard can you drive,how low can you go? Track days,drag strips not eligible.This definitely needs its own thread.

There are roads you can barely average 30mph on hammering from corner to corner. Where are they? Let me be the first to list: The road to Hanna, Island of Maui, US
                      Last edited by GTS Bruce; 02-23-2021, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Just curious but I assume NPP will affect mileage but by how much?
                        2LT coupe, ELB, GT2, Sky Cool Gray, two-tone, front lift, body color accents, NPP, body color roof, black seat belts, Spectra Gray wheels, black calipers, battery protection.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X