Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Little Known Features of The C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Known Features of The C8

Rather than a "little known feature" this may actually be an unknown! There are five tire temperature categories for the C8 that can be shown in the DIC. Cold, Cool, Normal, Warm, or Hot.

The actual tire temperature range for each of these five levels seems to be unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
      When you exit Z-Mode, it automatically reverts to tour mode. Even if you selected Z from a mode other than tour.
      I really dislike this particular behavior... I almost never use tour, and would really like to go back and forth between Z and track or Z and sport. Though I must say i am very thankful they have the Z-mode function and an easy to reach button.

Odd. When I shut mine off with the car in drive, it immediately shifted to park and the engine shut off
      Same here... Mine is a 2021 if it makes any difference.

Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
      Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

Originally posted by pfbz View Post

I really dislike this particular behavior... I almost never use tour, and would really like to go back and forth between Z and track or Z and sport. Though I must say i am very thankful they have the Z-mode function and an easy to reach button.
        Or as a minimum you should be able to cycle back and forth between My mode and Z mode.

Comment

How about setting up my mode to be the same a track or Z. When you shut off my mode it comes up when you restart.

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
            How about setting up my mode to be the same a track or Z. When you shut off my mode it comes up when you restart.
            My Mode is missing one thing that Z mode can customize. I think it is Engine management. Someone will correct me.

Comment

Fun thread and both my alfa and my corvette when the engine gets turned off even in drive sets itself to park. I think Ive only done it once or twice in each vehicle..the electronics today is amazing.

my favorite these days is remote start when walking towards the vehicle...cracks me up...

the cabin isolation sort of muted the start up sound of the engine yet from the outside....this npp sounds awesome.

gm may have decided to alter three colors for 2022 but if they asked owners ...id suggest the ability to pipe a little more exhaust noise into the cabin in sport, z mode or track mode...

anybody in the aftermarket who could figure out how to pipe a little more exhaust sound into the cabin would sell quite a few of this types of mod..

not complaining and dont want the exterior sound level to go up...

would be nice to have the option of adding some engine exhaust roar into the cabin at will..

in case anyone asks

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                Fun thread and both my alfa and my corvette when the engine gets turned off even in drive sets itself to park. I think Ive only done it once or twice in each vehicle..the electronics today is amazing.

my favorite these days is remote start when walking towards the vehicle...cracks me up...

the cabin isolation sort of muted the start up sound of the engine yet from the outside....this npp sounds awesome.

gm may have decided to alter three colors for 2022 but if they asked owners ...id suggest the ability to pipe a little more exhaust noise into the cabin in sport, z mode or track mode...

anybody in the aftermarket who could figure out how to pipe a little more exhaust sound into the cabin would sell quite a few of this types of mod..

would be nice to have the option of adding some engine exhaust roar into the cabin at will..

in case anyone asks

BMW pipes in an exhaust sound through the speakers on its M550s and others. Many people don't like the artificial sound and code it out with an aftermarket code program. But many are happy with it. With it off the car is definitely quieter. If you want to hear it yourself and keep the car quiet outside, the stock setup will work for you. If not, you can code it off and get a loud aftermarket exhaust. Many do that. --Bob
                2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                NCM Lifetime Member
                Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

in case anyone asks

This was the most surprising thing about my C8 the first time I sat in it and started it up. The passenger cabin feels like a cocoon. Not in a bad way, it's just very very different from any other Corvette I've ever owned.

Comment

That’s another place the HTC shines. The exhaust sound is great with the rear glass down, even if the top is up.

Comment

A little know fact is there is a Sun glasses holder behind the Infotainment screen. lol
                      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                      2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                      Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                      3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
                        That’s another place the HTC shines. The exhaust sound is great with the rear glass down, even if the top is up.
                        I have had this in a McLaren 12C and an Audi R8 and it really is the best of both worlds. You still get the sound, but if you NEED to have the top up then all good. Minor thing, but one of my favorite things

Comment

The following is regarding the automatic shift into park when the engine turns off.
                          The park function is via hydraulic actuation in and out of park.
                          But it needs hydraulic pressure to do this which is created by a gear driven pump in the DCT.
                          The hydraulic pressure is gone as soon as the engine stops and then the park lock is engaged by spring pressure.

Neutral is used to enable moving the car by pushing or pulling when the engine is running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Park lock system.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	245790
                          TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                          Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

"Emergency manual park release feature for service or accident."

Sounds nice, but someone forgot to tell every tow truck operator in the world they need a two man crew and a special tool to operate it in the event of an accident.

This issue is, apparently, not unique to the C8's DCT, but it's still a ****-poor design. In the event of a failure, it should be possible to get the DCT into neutral without any special tools or a monkey riding in the engine compartment. (Where is Suburban's Trunk Monkey when you need him?) I'm not an engineer, but I can think of at least one way it could be done.
                            Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                              A little know fact is there is a Sun glasses holder behind the Infotainment screen. lol
                              As there is in the C7. I have used it exactly once, to install a little shelf in it. Some folks had a problem with it getting stuck going up or down and I haven't wanted to take a risk so I don't really use it. Probably not a real problem but I just toss my sunglasses in the console where the cup holder spacer normally goes. And some have used it for other things, all the way to carrying a concealed .38. --Bob
                              2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                              -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                              1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                              1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                              1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                              ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                              Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                              NCM Lifetime Member
                              Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                              "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

I may have missed it somewhere but how do you put it into manual in the event of an emergency and you need it move or load it without the engine running?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X