Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Little Known Features of The C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Known Features of The C8

I recall when the C7 was new, folks were discovering all kinds of things about their cars that weren't really "known" as they racked up miles. It was very interesting what people discovered and the list grew. So I figured I'd try that here for the C8! My contribution to get things going:

If you shut the engine down while stopped and the car is in Drive, the transmission will immediately shift to Park as the engine stops. No need to guess how I discovered that!

Last edited by Boomer; 02-21-2021, 05:47 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1f37f.png
Views:	1167
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	243417

Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

My tahoe does the same

Comment

Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
        My tahoe does the same
        What year is your Tahoe?

Comment

Whatever driving mode you shutdown your car in, that will be the driving mode when you next start it.

Comment

When you exit Z-Mode, it automatically reverts to tour mode. Even if you selected Z from a mode other than tour.
            Last edited by Jetdriver; 02-21-2021, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntNut View Post
              Whatever driving mode you shutdown your car in, that will be the driving mode when you next start it.
              Not quite true. Weather, Track, and Z-Mode revert to Tour.
              2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                When you exit Z-Mode, it automatically reverts to tour mode. Even if you selected Z from a mode other than tour.
                I wish they'd change that. I can understand after the engine has been stopped. But it sure would be nice to be able to toggle between Z mode and another mode.
                2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                  If you shut the engine down while stopped and the car is in Drive, the transmission will immediately shift to Park as the engine stops. No need to guess how I discovered that!
                  And if you shut it down in Neutral it will stay in Neutral until you open the door, then it shifts itself into park. Glad I have an HTC so it’s easier to climb out without opening the door if I ever need to leave it in Neutral with the engine off (like to load it on a flatbed tow truck).

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

And if you shut it down in Neutral it will stay in Neutral until you open the door, then it shifts itself into park. Glad I have an HTC so it’s easier to climb out without opening the door if I ever need to leave it in Neutral with the engine off (like to load it on a flatbed tow truck).
                    I can’t for the life of me figure out what Neutral is even intended to be for. GM has figured out a way to defeat any possible use for it. I guess they figured if it ever gets winched onto a flatbed, you’re just supposed to stay in for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                      I recall when the C7 was new, folks were discovering all kinds of things about their cars that weren't really "known" as they racked up miles. It was very interesting what people discovered and the list grew. So I figured I'd try that here for the C8! My contribution to get things going:

You read pg. 167 of the manual?
                      HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
                      Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300:10/20/20; 3400:11/2/20; 3800: 11/16/20; 4150: 11/17/20; 5000: 11/19/20; 6000: 11/25.

Comment

This is good to know. If ever I need to be towed, I can just turn car off after lowering the drivers window, or removing targa top and exiting thru window/Top allowing car to be winched in neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by KLZ View Post
                          You read pg. 167 of the manual?
                          No but thanks for pointing it out. It says: "If the transmission is not in P (Park), the engine shuts off and the vehicle goes into the accessory mode. The DIC displays SHIFT TO PARK. When shifted to P (Park) the vehicle turns off."

Odd. When I shut mine off with the car in drive, it immediately shifted to park and the engine shut off. No DIC message.

Comment

1And if you shut it down in Neutral it will stay in Neutral until you open the door, then it shifts itself into park.
                            What if you open the door, then shut it down in Neutral? My bet when you close the door, it will go into park.
                            2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

Unless, of course, you've lost electrical power and can't lower the top or windows.... In that case, the targa would offer an advantage, since you don't need power to remove it.
                              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X