Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 HTC side-by-side comparison with 488 Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 HTC side-by-side comparison with 488 Spider

Interesting.

Waiting for C8 ELB HTC, Z51
    MM deposit Oct. 2020, status: 3000 (3/23/21)
    Suburban Chevrolet deposit Aug. 2019. Status:cancelled Apr. 2021 due to no progress
    Current: Saturn Sky Redline, many performance enhancements

Thanks for posting Rufus,

"The Ferrari looks more fragile than the C8, like it might break down on the track"......that's when I stopped listening...
    2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
    Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=6/7/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
    2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
    2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

Wow no bias here . HAHAHA

Comment

Alrighty then...the GM PR department would have been more realistic...

Comment

Just a little Bias! No doubt that the 488 is a great car but lov'in my C8 HTC. I was very disappointed with the door entry handles on the 488. Also love the additional storage with the C8 for road trips. Having the choice without consideration of price, I would choose the C8.
          2020 3LT Torch Red Z51 HTC, Adrenaline Red Interior w/ two tone seats, MRC, Front Lift, Bright Red Calipers.

Comment

I was hoping for a comparison of their handling on the road, but no such luck, although I doubt I would have believed whatever he had to say about the Ferrari anyway. A poor comparison given his obvious bias towards the C8. But you can't dispute the fact that for the price of the Ferrari being shown, you could almost purchase 4 of the C8 convertibles in his video.

Comment

Nice to see the similar styling side by side
              I think watch the new Magnum PI just to see the 488 - I love is elegant lines even if its " less aggressive" than the C8.

Best to watch video with the sound off, IMO.

Comment

Scalpel VS butcher knife

Comment

The 488 is more elegant, the C8 more brutal. Neither is right or wrong. I'd have one of each were money no object.

Well, no, not really. If money were no object I'd get an F8 or SF90 instead of the 488.

As far as the video goes, I'm so done with vloggers who think I want to look at their faces instead of the cars, so I didn't watch more than about 10 seconds of it.
                  Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

He had one thing right. The C8 is a significantly better value bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunker195 View Post
                      Nice to see the similar styling side by side
                      I think watch the new Magnum PI just to see the 488 - I love is elegant lines even if its " less aggressive" than the C8.

Best to watch video with the sound off, IMO.

I saw a 328 GTSi yesterday, that is a LITTLE car compared to modern sports cars!

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                        If money were no object I'd get an F8 or SF90 instead of the 488.
                        Yup a Tributo or SF90!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus MacBlorf View Post
                          Interesting.

Hey Rufus, I saw a new red C8 about 3 weeks ago on I-205 just south of Salmon Creek. Was that you?

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post

Hey Rufus, I saw a new red C8 about 3 weeks ago on I-205 just south of Salmon Creek. Was that you?
                            I'm still at 1100, so nope.
                            Waiting for C8 ELB HTC, Z51
                            MM deposit Oct. 2020, status: 3000 (3/23/21)
                            Suburban Chevrolet deposit Aug. 2019. Status:cancelled Apr. 2021 due to no progress
                            Current: Saturn Sky Redline, many performance enhancements

Comment

That's a great find. Thanks for posting. Finally someone did a proper side-by-side comparison of the two spiders. For the money, you can't beat the Vette. But if you got the money to buy a Ferrari you're not too worried about the money.
                              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X