Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Easiest/best (?) way paying for your C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest/best (?) way paying for your C8

Realizing it might be different from dealership to dealership, does anyone know if the biggest dealerships will let you pay by credit card. I want the miles, so to speak To some this might sound crazy (I dunno) but I did it on a boat with roughly the same price tag.
    Placed order for 3LT, Rapid Blue, two-tone blue interior & splash guards. ETA Late 2021

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post
    Realizing it might be different from dealership to dealership, does anyone know if the biggest dealerships will let you pay by credit card. I want the miles, so to speak To some this might sound crazy (I dunno) but I did it on a boat with roughly the same price tag.
    Good Idea! Most say NO... would love to do it on my Apple Card... no points just cash discount paid the same day. 3% on all Apple products. For the most part CC points are a scam...
    202(1 or 2) Arctic White HTC Z51 with all the Goodies 😎

Comment

Maybe do a cash advance on the card and pay the dealer? I’ve done down payments with a CC, but that’s been it. Dealers don’t want to pay the CC fee and I would agree with them!
      C8 delivered 9/5/20. Z51 2LT with GT2 Seats, Front lift, FE4, Edge Red Engine Cover, Edge Red calipers, Illuminated Door Sills, Engine Appearance Package, Carbon Flash Painted wheels, in Long Beach Red and Jet Black interior.

My 1968 convertible now has a little sister!

Previously owned a C6 with Squires Twin Turbos

Comment

I've only delt with a few dealers and the most they would take on a CC was up to $1000 and it was for deposit on the purchase.

Comment

I doubt you could pay for the entire car on a credit card. Merchants have to absorb about 3% to Visa or MasterCard, which is why some people who take credit cards impose a surcharge. However, I think you could probably pay for any accessories that can be purchased through the parts department with a CC.

When I bought my C7 at MacMulkin, I had them handle the paint film application job, and paid for that by CC.

Of course, when I ultimately buy my C8, I will have about $3000 to apply to the purchase price from my original issue GM Card handled by Capital One.

Comment

My dealer allows payment by credit for a limited amount of the purchase, like about $2,000. I don't bother. I just write them a personal check for the amount due.

Comment

A dealer might let you use a credit card for a portion of the cost or down payment, but don't expect to pay for the whole thing with plastic.

Even if you can use a credit card, expect to pay a fee that raises your costs and offsets the value of any rewards.
              Last edited by tkracing1; 02-21-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The last car I bought the dealer let me put $2000 of the price on a card. Criswell also has a $2000 limit. I did put my deposits on a card, so in total I'll get a rebate on $4000. Better than nothing.

Credit cards cost the vendor money, from 1.5% to 3% of the charge amount. So charging $60,000 would cost the dealer about $900.
                Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

My dealer let me put my 5k deposit on my card.

Comment

Over the years I've always used credit cards to pay for virtually everything. I've found that on 'big ticket' items, the sellers usually cap the amount they will put against a card because of their cost of using it. I guess if they really want to move some merchandise and their margins allow it, there should be no problem. I don't think that's the case with C8's right now.....
                    2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

If I were a dealer I would accept credit cards as long as the buyer paid an additional 3%.

Comment

Like others, I was allowed a $5,000 credit card amount towards my C8 purchase, similar to other vehicles I've bought. I thought that to be standard but perhaps it depends upon the practice in your area.

Comment

Write a check

Comment

Bag o cash.

People pay for groceries with checks and credit cards. This is the biggest purchase you'll ever make next to a house, probably.

So make it an occasion where you plop a small duffel on the desk, zip it open and display stacks of cold hard cash. "Is cash acceptable"?😃

Just make sure to use small bills as $85K looks pretty small in $100s. $20 bills or less and they'll never forget you at the dealership. Just don't do $1s as someone has to count it all. Twice.

Unless you're a drug dealer where else will you ever see all that cash? So stroll in on delivery day with your best Tony Montana impression and have some fun.😉😎

Comment

Good way to get a visit from the IRS!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X