Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Performance Data Recorder Track Maps for Download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Data Recorder Track Maps for Download!

Many race day apps for self-timing such as RaceChrono/Harry's Lap Timer/Track Addict etc. have a database of pretty much every track you could possibly want to drive on available for easy download. For reason's I can't understand, the Performance Data Recorder in our C8's has no such database. But, you can create your own race track maps. However, it's a bit tedious to create them.

I race out of Los Angeles and did not find any maps ready to download for the California and Arizona tracks, so I have been creating them as I go. I am uploading them to this post for your use. (Note: the forum does not allowing the upload of a file with extension .gpx, so I have uploaded bundled the first three maps in a .zip file named "West Coast Track Maps for PDR")
    • Big Willow Springs
    • Buttonwillow
    • Chuckwalla
    All you do is copy the .gpx file to the root directory of the SD card in the glovebox slot. Then you select the track from the in car touchscreen.

For those of you on the east coast, I did find a number of maps available to download here: https://www.hipodriver.com/resources/As I create more maps I will post them here! Next up on my list are:
    • Autoclub Speedway - Roval
    • Arizona Motorsports Park
    • Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Outside Road Course
    • Lone Pine Time Trials - airstrip course

If you ask nicely, I just might be able to do a custom gpx for race tracks near you! ;-)

And if you have any other sources for gpx files please add them to this thread to share with others!
    Attached Files
    HTC 3LT Z51 Black w/silver stripes/Black+grey two tone suede interior

Thank you so very much Dave. Very useful data
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Great idea, maybe John can archive this somewhere for us who won't be ready to use for quite some time.
      [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
      [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Thanks for sharing SoCal Dave , I was wondering where can I get that for NJMP, thanks to you now I have it .
        John, we should make this sticky so people can upload the maps and all of us can consume/contribute to this thread.
        First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

This is very generous. Thank you for sharing 👍👍
          Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. Do you know if we'll be able to get the tracks in northern California? Like Sonoma Raceway, Laguna Seca, and Sears Point Raceway? Thanks

Comment

COTA would be nice for those us in Texas. On a COTA side note we had enough snow to ski down from turn 1:

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
                COTA would be nice for those us in Texas. On a COTA side note we had enough snow to ski down from turn 1:
                Off subject to OP, but OMG, can you imagine an F1 in that corner!!
                2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3800 status, scheduled for build 4/14 - Shipping "Delayed"

Comment

For SoCal Dave - HUGE thanks!!! Your generosity cup runneth over... and I'm not gonna miss a drop!
                  2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - 3800 status, scheduled for build 4/14 - Shipping "Delayed"

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                    Thanks for sharing this. Do you know if we'll be able to get the tracks in northern California? Like Sonoma Raceway, Laguna Seca, and Sears Point Raceway? Thanks
                    Which one do you want first??? (Sonoma and Sears Point are the same track under different names.)

I can do all three in my spare time...COTA/Sonoma/Laguna Seca. Just trying to get a sense of which one you folks need first!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Dave View Post

Which one do you want first??? (Sonoma and Sears Point are the same track under different names.)

I can do all three in my spare time...COTA/Sonoma/Laguna Seca. Just trying to get a sense of which one you folks need first!
                      Thanks SoCal Dave! Laguna Seca would be my first choice and then Sonoma.

Comment

So I tried to use NJMP track today by placing the GPF file mentioned above to root of my PDR SD card but Car never recognized that this GPF file under the root. It only shows the Custom --> Learn Track option. I have non Z51 version.
                        ​​​​​​​
                        SoCal Dave , can you pls help.

Comment

Out of town this weekend at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale and at Streets of Willow on Monday... Send me private mess and we can figure out how to fix the problem.

Comment

SoCal Dave , found the issue My filename after unzipping had a . (period) in front of the file name. Once I renamed the file and removed that first character as dot, map loaded up fine. It was a "duh" moment

Comment

FWIW, I have now twice tried creating a custom map at the track rather than creating a GPX file from Google Earth. Both times I see the map on the PDR recording, but it doesn't find a start finish line and didn't record lap times... Back to square one creating a database here to download before going to the track!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X