C8’s Last ‘21 TPW For These Three Colors Is 7/19: Sebring, Zeus and Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
    Bummer...that shadow gray metallic was one of my choices when I look for a used C8 next spring (2022). In the sunlight, it had just a hint of blue.
    THere will still be plenty of them out there 2nd hand by then. ZB and Yellow will be harder to find.

IF I look for a used C8 in a few years for autocross/track use, it will likely be SGM.
    Brian Huber
    Previous Corvettes
    2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
    2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Originally posted by USCANAM View Post
      Absolutely right on!!!
      I 3rd that emotion! We should go to that same Wendy's when my AYM gets delivered in a few weeks.
      AY is misunderstood. It glows without any light.
      I continue to underestimate the loyalty to Torch Red. I thought for sure that Red Mist would crush it once seen out in the wild. The Ferrari world saw a lean towards Corsa Metallic from the traditional Corsa Red.
      Atomic Orange on the C6 is a killer color.

2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

I like the loud colors in sports cars.

Mclearn has the color chart. Exciting colors. UnBritish array, but still it is. And in Variety.

After the Torch Red , the Sebring Orange is my favorite C8. But: When I first saw the Sebring Orange it was with black wheels and the grayish-white seats. That did not appeal. Trim means everything.

The Black wheels are popular. So they need to be offered. But to my biased eye the black wheels destroy any paint scheme on any brand.

Comment

Yes, McLaren does. With their having about 30 choices, that of course helps.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Another vote for Riverside Gold. I am sorry my namesake is going way as Shadow Gray Metallic is why I chose my forum name.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7B0753E5-F189-459C-865B-B9E3D314E011.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	242603
            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

I was talking with a GM of one of forum dealership vendors (not one of the largest ones) just before the info became public, and he said, “Corvette people are very passionate about even the slightest color changes. I hope the new three are exciting to many.”
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm not the least bit surprised in Zeus Bronze and Shadow Gray Metallic going away, I liken that to the old colors like the C7 green not many purchased. It's a bit of a shock that Sebring is going away. The brighter colors definitely appeal to the younger generation that GM has targeted with the C8. I can't wait to see what the replacement colors are.

Comment

The three new C8 colors are already known by their internal code names. If production starts in August/ Sept. we will be hearing the actual new color names very soon.
                  Marc

Comment

Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
                    Yeah, my friend's LRG is lovely. Even better with the Brown stone interior. For some reason modern Corvettes don't seem to last with greens. I think the C4 was the last one that really seemed to hold on a while. Polo green was really popular back then.

I would love to see black rose come back. I think that would look amazing on there. Night Race blue too, but there's already 2 blues. I'm guessing there will be some silver/gray color... possibly the C8R color and some other Orange hue. The ZB replacement.... that's a great question.
                    Hello,

I agree! I had a 2015 Night Race Blue which I traded for a 2017 Black Rose...both beautiful colors.

The 2017 Black Rose was traded 16 months after deposit for my 2020 CMG Coupe sitting in my
                    garage with only 700 miles on it.

While I loved both C7s, my C8 is unquestionably my favorite of all I have owned.

Bob

Comment

In addition to the new colors, I'd love to see an option where coupe customers can get the top painted carbon flash. I love the look of the carbon flash nacelles on the HTC and have seen many example of coupe owners doing a wrap to get the same look. As wraps only last so long, having it painted carbon flash from the factory would be sweet!

Comment

I'd love to see Black Rose return one of these days 👍
                        Torch Red, Z51, 2LT, Mag Ride, E60, Adrenaline Red/ Two-Tone GT2, CF goodies
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

I absolutely love Black Rose, but those who have never had and tried to maintain in a pristine fashion a dark colored vehicle, maintaining Black Rose is not 1% less arduous than maintaining a black car. Having noted that, GM please bring back Black Rose!

Comment

With these exterior color choices do they also change up some of the interior color choices?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              I absolutely love Black Rose, but those who have never had and tried to maintain in a pristine fashion a dark colored vehicle, maintaining Black Rose is not 1% less arduous than maintaining a black car. Having noted that, GM please bring back Black Rose!
                              +1 on that.... but at the same time, I fear that Kim would see that and say "OOOOOOOOOOOOO we need one of those now"... lol
                              Brian Huber
                              Previous Corvettes
                              2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
                              2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post
                                With these exterior color choices do they also change up some of the interior color choices?
                                That is an excellent question. In the C7 gen they did make a couple of interior changes through its entire six year life. My guess is that they will make the same small amount during the C8 gen but whether there’s any change for 2022 interiors is the excellent question Cobia384 has posed.

I believe we would learn that answer the same time as GM announces the three new exterior colors, e.g., most probably (but not definitively) at the April 20-22 NCM Bash.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X