Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8’s Last ‘21 TPW For These Three Colors Is 7/19: Sebring, Zeus and Shadow

Bye Sebring, Zeus and Shadow C8 Colors.

We got this from a confidential birdie yet properly waited for public sharing, this time thanks and publicly initiated by the Corvette Action Center.

As IMO it will be unlikely that GM will just continue without three colors for a long time, in post # 12 the question of when the 2022’s start is raised.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2C7EA2C7-49EE-48B7-B8FF-E2D75BAF88A0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	242309
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Not surprised. GM changes colors every year, and sometimes in mid-year. DSOM went away half-way through the 2016 model year. I wouldn't be surprised to see AYM or ZB go away, because they sold in very small numbers in 2020. Or perhaps Shadow Gray, since GM seem to change their gray more frequently than some people change their underwear.

I'll only care if they replace Sebring Orange with Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic. Then I'll be mad I missed out on it. But still happy with Red Mist. Including the C8, 6 of my last 7 cars have been some shade of red, so you might conclude I like red.
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Surprise me with alternatives to the exterior black trim. For example a dark blue trim with the Rapid Blue car. But there must be a technical of cost basis for black only option.

-----------------
      The yellow became available late. I have not seen a yellow car yet. So I could never have picked it. Can't pick without first seeing it. Same thing with Rapid Blue . Wanted it provisionally , but went with Torch Red, since I had not eye-balled Rapid Blue. On my cutoff date I had not seen the HTC, so I went with the coup.

When I finally saw a Rapid Blue HTC with blue interior , I wanted to switch but it was too late. But my sales person assured me that I would be perfectly pleased with Torch Red and LT2 bright Red interior. I am.

Comment

In my opinion, there is way too much 'gray' in the world. I wouldn't miss any shades of it. Hope they go with some more exotic bright colors.... even if they are at a premium cost wise.....
        2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

while I know many like the yellow... I really yearn for the more corvette racing variety of yellow.

and yeah John... what tease!
          Brian Huber
          Previous Corvettes
          2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
          2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Originally posted by AlVette View Post
            I hope you are right that AYM is going away....I have never had so many thumbs up! Its one of those colors that pictures don't do it just...very exotic.
            I'd be ok if only a few of us had this color.
            Absolutely right on!!!

In between snow storms here in the North East so took Sunshine out to lunch at Wendy’s (free senior drinks if you’re not aware).

Total round trip of 5 miles.
            Equal number of thumbs up.

Have deposit down for Z06. Doubt if we’ll buy one if AYM is not available

Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
            Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
            Home 08/10/20

Comment

What about a Deep Purple ? I'm surprised a youtuber hasn't pinstriped all the lines on the C8 yet.
              Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                What about a Deep Purple ? I'm surprised a youtuber hasn't pinstriped all the lines on the C8 yet.
                Only if orange pinstripes are mandatory.
                Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That means I think that the 2022 model year is going to start production sometime in September if not sooner.

Comment

Breaking this down for those new to this. For those whose orders are already in/accepted in those three colors, nothing has changed. For those who receive allocations tomorrow, or in March and April and May, you will still be able to order these three colors.

However if your order is not status 3000 for those above dates for those colors, you will not be able to get your C8 orders accepted in those colors past the specific dates.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This brings us to the corollary questions we started to discuss elsewhere, what will the three replacement new colors be? We hope they are announced at the April 20-22 NCM Bash, as well as definitive information as to when the remaining nine (9), 2021 colors will end and 2022 production will start.

Again what we yet do not know is whether the remaining nine colors might continue on through August, September, or even later times? My guess, strictly that, is that the last 2021 production date would be no later than Sept 17th, with the start of 2022 production being around October 4th.

Comment

While I'm not shocked about them, it's sad to see the orange and gray go. I'm GUESSING that they will replace the gray with some other dark gray, as that's been the M.O. over the years.
                        ZB - when my wife and I saw it, we said back before it ever started that it would be a 1-2 year only color, as it's so unique.

Let the bets begin.
                        Brian Huber
                        Previous Corvettes
                        2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
                        2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

What might be the three new colors:

My hopes are:

*The gray of the # 4 C8.R:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1C99A4E9-91F1-47AE-BBAD-B00C87FE6091.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	492.8 KB ID:	242327

* A return to Millennium Yellow or Velocity Yellow or some other yellow that is bright, bold but without green (BTW the # 3 C8.R is not AY);

*Something else BOLD!

Comment

The fact that three specific colors were mentioned as going away, that would leave the remaining nine as being 2022 colors:

Arctic White
                            Black
                            Elkhart Lake Blue
                            Accelerate Yellow
                            Ceramic Matrix
                            Torch Red
                            Red Mist
                            Silver Flare
                            Rapid Blue

With those nine awaiting who would be their brother and sister colors.....?

Comment

I am suprised that 1970's tan made it to 2021 and that brighter colors like Mclaren are not offered.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X