Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I finally order a C8, it will be a Z51 with summer tires. But at this locale, I would want a second set of wheels for all season tires.

So when the time comes, I will be in the market to buy a set at an attractive price. But not now.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post

C8 wheels have a different bolt circle and larger studs.

I am curious--any idea if any other vehicles use the same bolt pattern and stud size, either within the GM family or outside? I suppose some wheel companies should know. Also, so far I have not heard of any wheel bending or cracking problems cropping up on the C8 but I do know that the C7 Z06s had a lot of trouble with wheels, enough that many switched to forged wheels and at least one lawsuit had been filed. If there is such a possibility then OP should be able to sell them at some point. -- Bob
      2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
      -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
      1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
      1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
      1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
      ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
      Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
      NCM Lifetime Member
      Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
      "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

I plan on keeping my factory wheels for potential track use.
        [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
        [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post

I’ve bought OEM Jeep rims from eBay before. When the stock rims on my 02 TJ got rock rashed and gnarly, I bought a set of takeoffs from a new Rubicon for 4 or 5 hundred bucks shipped. Just the rims, no tires.

I guess the moral of the story is, you never know what could happen if you don’t at least try.

I did try. I had them on eBay, Craigslist and Facebook Market for months. They sat in the garage for 2 years. Finally, they had to go since I really needed the space in the garage and I had no place to keep them. If I had the room, they would still be sitting in my garage. I seen others selling the rims online for $300-500 maybe. At $12/rim for 5 rims I got $60. Considering the best I would hope to get was $100/rim, I only missed out on $440. It would have been nice, but not necessarily worth the constant effort I was going through to sell them.
          (Kicked 2020 Longbeach Red Order)
          2021 Corvette 2LT Red Mist w/Transparent Roof
          Performance Exhaust and Front Lift Adjustable Height
          GT2 Bucket Seats w/Natural Napa Leather
          Yellow Brake Calipers, Edge Red Engine Cover
          Vossen HF-3 Graphite Polished Wheels

Aftermarket plans: High Wing Spoiler, Engine bay LED lights
          , Illuminated Sill Plates

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post
            Hi all,

I'm planning to get some aftermarket wheels and am wondering what others are doing with their factory wheels after they come off. Vendors and my dealership say there is virtually zero market for these and, even if I did sell them, I'd end up paying almost as much shipping them as I got out of them. Just wondering what others have done. Thanks.
            I bought a set of take off tires from a 2020 Corvette. Now I really could use a second set of wheels. Will you take $400 for them? I am located in Clackamas, Oregon.

Comment

My wheels and tires on the GT-R were $5k. Take a guess if it added any value to the car when I sold it...However people were pretty much begging to by the wheels separately from the car. Do yourself a favor, save the stock setup.

Comment

garyfields1953, are you willing to pay the freight, from New Orleans to you? These are OEM carbon flash twin spoke rims, were taken off at the dealership to mount aftermarket rims. (rims only) Car had 7 miles, from BG. Also have the correct lug nuts and black center caps.
                2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

Originally posted by Type 21C8Vette View Post

Hey L79, I see your location says Vancouver, WA. R & K C8 is a bit north of Seattle I think and was interested in purchasing some stock C8 wheels for his auto cross sessions. If you're interested in selling, you should try reaching out to him and perhaps you guys can meet somewhere which would take the shipping hassle out of it as well. -Mike
                  Hi Mike,
                  Yeah, he contacted me this morning via email on the forum and bought them. Thanks for the heads up and thanks to others who showed an interest.

Comment

My base silver wheels will be available in about 2 weeks or so (450 miles). I’m in the Chicago area. $500+ shipping, but I’ll keep them if there is no market. It’s not like I’m gaining a huge amount of money selling them, so no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
                      My base silver wheels will be available in about 2 weeks or so (450 miles). I’m in the Chicago area. $500+ shipping, but I’ll keep them if there is no market. It’s not like I’m gaining a huge amount of money selling them, so no big deal.
                      I will give you $500 for them. Check PM.
                      2LT Coupe Red Mist Z-51 Mag Ride Lift
                      February 2021 Allocation - Should be built between 4/1 and 5/11 - May 2021 Delivery?
                      TPW 4/19?

Comment

Op sold his wheels so let's close this before it turns into a multi for sale thread.

Please start a thread in our for sale section if you would like to sell your wheels.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...o-buy-or-trade
                        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X