My Turn to Show You a Red Mist Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Turn to Show You a Red Mist Corvette

On Thursday I took delivery of my C8. I put the deposit down on July 30, 2019. My order was one of the cars that never progressed beyond 1100 and was subsequently cancelled and re-entered as a 2021 order. It was produced on January 8, 2021 and took 34 days to get to me from Bowling Green to Southern California. So, after 561 days, over 18 months, my car arrived.

I am including a number of photos. The car’s color was originally Long Beach Red Metallic but due to model year color changes, the color is Red Mist. I love a car’s sculpture and the Red Mist shows the angles and curvatures very well. In my opinion, the option “body color accents” maximizes the sculpture look. I added the black rocker panel at the bottom to fool the eye into lowering the car in the mind of the viewer and moving the eye from one wheel to the other. It integrates well with the other black accents on the car. The exterior is completed with grey trident wheels and the Edge Red calipers, which tie back to the Red Mist.

I ordered an Edge Red Engine Cover, but that is out of stock and on back order. So, the black window will eventually draw interest, but not now. The engine bay has the engine appearance package to set off the cover once it arrives.

The trim level is 3LT with natural dipped with carbon fiber interior trim. Mechanical options include the Z51, MRC, and Lift.

Reaction

My dealer, Simpson Chevrolet of Irvine, positioned the car directly in front of the entry doors when my wife and I approached it on Thursday. A neighbor who has a black C6 Z06 and a Ferrari 360 in classic red came by to view the car. He later came by the house and said the quality for a GM car was phenomenal, better than Ferrari. All the salesmen came by to view the car, and a guy pulled up and parked, and then came up to ask me a bunch of questions. “What was the color?” “The interior is natural dipped, isn’t it?”

Yesterday, my wife and I took the car down to the San Clemente Outlet Mall to take pictures. A guy, an Aussie, came buy in his Tesla 3 to complement me on the car. We then drove a few feet away and parked to get pizza. But due to Covid we brought it back and ate by the car. An Audi drove around the parking lot, twice, and the driver complemented me on the car as he drove by the last time. The car has been drawing massive compliments and looks.

Driving

So far I am restrained in my driving during the first 500 miles. I am staying off the freeways. But the car does not just fire up – it roars up. I don’t even press the gas. The roar is heard all the way down the street. It also wants to run, really run, and turn, turn quickly. The driving experience is significantly from previous generations of the Corvette. I am not being pulled along a moving vector. I feel the center of the car and I have to process a lot more inputs that I am just now beginning to understand. I feel that I really have to concentrate or the car will get away from me. I am also insecure about the right side of the car. I don’t yet know where it is, so I am focusing on staying very close to the left side of the lane. Sounds weird I know. In the meantime, I am learning about the car. Yesterday I attached all the netting in the trunks, and learned that the rear trunk is deep enough to transport and individual sized pizza box. I am not sure about a family sized one. I need to install the PDK, and I am learning the lift, and driving modes.

Thank You

A year and a half waiting for a car is massive. This blog has been an incredible support through this process. It helps set expectations on the process, which is key. Thank you to all. A special thank you to John who oversees this blog with a very encouraging and understanding attitude. He sets the best tone for the blog. Also, thank you to Murray who is phenomenal for the endurance to report daily production numbers for more than a year. And thank you to Marc from New York who created a poster of my car from the visualizer. I have it framed and it reminded me that this experience was real and that the car was coming. Such an encouragement. Now that the car is here, it does not seem real.

I feel like I am beginning to ramble, but I have one final impression. I don’t understand why anyone would want to spend $50,000, $100,000, $200,000 or whatever for a supercar experience from a Ferrari, Lamborghini or whatever when owning this car is possible. It Is just that great.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1721.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	240968 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1726.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	240969 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1727.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	240970 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1725.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	240971 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1723.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	240972 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1722.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	3.15 MB
ID:	240973
    Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
    C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
    Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
    Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
    Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

You have a beautiful C8. Well done all around and sure can feel your excitement.
    Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

561 days and yet you clearly feel the wait was well worth it. It is a great looking exotic.

Comment

Stunningly beautiful and elegant car. Your choice of interior and wheels is perfect. Now, to keep your baby clean and beautiful.
        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

I forgot the interior
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1730.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	240984 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1729.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	240985
          Attached Files
          Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
          C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
          Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
          Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
          Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

Congratulations on your gorgeous C8. I was able to view a Red Mist in person today and you are correct about the color showing off the lines and curves. It’s an amazing color. You are going to thoroughly enjoy this car and will not be able to wait to get back into it every time you park it.
            Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

Your C8 rocks! Great choices and clearly you are so very happy with it.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for posting pics of your Gorgeous Stingray. Family size pizza fits on top of the engine nicely and keeps the pizza nice and warm till you get it home. I have done this several times as it does not fit in the frunk or rear trunk and I didn't want it smelling up my 3LT interior.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

Yep ... not doubt about it, another picture of a beautiful Red Mist C8.

Love the way this one is spec out.
                  [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
                  [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Beautiful spec! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!! That car is stunning, I have not seen the Red Mist in person and really want to see that color in person. I was at Cars and Coffee and can’t believe I missed your car. I hope to see it at a future Cars and Coffee. Enjoy!

Comment

Your car is nicely done.That side view is awesome is looks so mean.Thanks for sharing your experience on delivery day,I don't think it will feel real for me until that day.

Comment

Your new C8 looks GREAT.... and I strongly recommend that you drive it and enjoy it at every opportunity. Wait until you try to put gas into it. It'll take you a while because of the crowd that will gather and share their admiring comments.

One suggestion..... NEVER question the owners of Ferrari's, Lambo's or other super cars on their logic for buying. They do because they can!
                          2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Great build inside and out. Your baby looks beautiful 👍👍
                            Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

It sure does look great. Of course I am biased because that is exactly what I would order, right down to the Body Colored Vents. It is almost exactly what my C7 is, except for it being Long Beach Red. It will always attract attention whatever it goes. Enjoy it.--Bob
                              Last edited by Warp Ten; 02-14-2021, 10:27 AM.
                              2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                              -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                              1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                              1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                              1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                              ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                              Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                              NCM Lifetime Member
                              Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                              "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X