Name:	IMG_0032.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	240777 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	240778

This is my latest improvement. Being a "Baby Boomer," I love chrome. The company I ordered them from forgot to send the Chrome Center Caps. Should be here Monday.

Let me explain the "Yankee Go Home." This banner hung over the doorway going out onto the ramp at Danang Air Force Base in Viet Nam. Every service member walked through this doorway to get onto the plane taking him/her home. I have no idea who took it when they were closing the AFB in May of '72. I bought it in a silent auction at a Marine Corps Helicopter Pilots Reunion several years ago....I paid a few thousand but it was going to the scholarship fund for children of Marines who died in combat.

Sweet looking wheels! Very striking with ELB.

Comment

Great story about the banner and very nice rims.. congrats!

Comment

I'm 70. My father likes chrome too.

Comment

Great donation for a worthwhile cause; thanks for the background story.

Oh and the rims look great with the color!

Comment

Looks great compared to the lame stock finish. Kind of takes that boring stock wheel to a whole new level ^^^^
            Cost?

Comment

Thanks for sharing your latest C8 pictures and we agree that the chrome finish really improves the appearance of the 5-spoke wheels which look rather bland/"blah" in silver paint.

Appreciate the back-story on the banner too... a lot of history in that banner.

-Rick
              2020 C8, 1YC07 (Coupe), 2LT Package, G8G (Arctic White), HTA (Black Leather Interior), AQ9 (GT1 Seats), Z51 (Perf Pkg), FE4 (Mag Ride), E60 (Front Lift), NPP (Perf Exhaust), Q8P (Wheels, Bright Silver), EYK (Chrome Emblems), VQK (Splash Guards). Ron Fellows COS Graduates (R & K), Spring Mountain - North Course, April 13, 2021.

Comment

MARINE Corp here 65 to 68

Comment

Looks outstanding in chrome. Great story and cause 👍👍
                  Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia384 View Post
                    Looks great compared to the lame stock finish. Kind of takes that boring stock wheel to a whole new level ^^^^
                    Cost?
                    $1175.00 +$200 return shipping. I am retired FedEx and used my discount for the return shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by phil Haqrrison View Post
                      MARINE Corp here 65 to 68
                      Semper Fi!

Comment

I guess I'm officially old because I like chrome too. The price seems reasonable.

Comment

That was a great donation and story. Will you please repost when your chore center caps are also mounted?
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Don't know what I like better, Wheels or Story.
                            Doesn't matter like them both.

Comment

Love the wheels and the story!
                              2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18. Status 3300 on 4/1. Status 3400 on 4/15. TPW 4/19.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X