Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Another Crashed C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, and our just 495 HP mid engine C8 is also faster to go MPH than was our C7 Z06 and yes even equally the 755 HP ZR1 (GM official numbers). It’s all about getting the power down to the ground, changing power to forward acceleration.

Might the AWD, E-Ray be onto to something with not just all the C8;s ME advantages but also two front driving wheels? We shall see.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      As you noted Plentyfast, track training makes one a better, and safer street driver. I hear that over and over from those who have completed the Spring Mountain Corvette Owners school
      I'm attending the owners school in just a scant week and half. I have only driven high performance cars on the street where you never get to the limit, unless you're dumb. So I'm looking forward to learning more about off-throttle oversteer and other things that can happen so I can recognize, and even avoid situations that put the car and me in peril.

Comment

Saw this yesterday since it's close to where I live. It's crazy because the road there is totally straight for about 2 miles. It was foggy / raining earlier, but still.

Comment

I'm not in favor of more regulation as that never ends well in spite of good intentions originally.

I prefer the reward system, as in the first part of the "carrot and the stick".

My kids did the Teen Street Survival multiple times when they started out and the reward was a discount on our insurance rates. Their reward for returning each year was that I let them use my M car at the time making it something special (for them and their instructor!).

The car manufacturers are offering discounted driving training available to buyers of their top offerings, so I'd like to see completion of that rewarded with an insurance discount.

Todays sports cars are safer than those of 10 years ago in spite of impressive hp numbers that suggest otherwise.

Any kit car, like the Shelby replica referred to in that terribly sad story, has no safety aids. A light weight, short wheelbase car with 400hp is very much a handful but with no traction or stability control it's dangerous for 99% of drivers.

I add my condolences on your loss Nasty2ss.

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post
            I'm not in favor of more regulation as that never ends well in spite of good intentions originally.

I prefer the reward system, as in the first part of the "carrot and the stick".

My kids did the Teen Street Survival multiple times when they started out and the reward was a discount on our insurance rates. Their reward for returning each year was that I let them use my M car at the time making it something special (for them and their instructor!).

The car manufacturers are offering discounted driving training available to buyers of their top offerings, so I'd like to see completion of that rewarded with an insurance discount.

Todays sports cars are safer than those of 10 years ago in spite of impressive hp numbers that suggest otherwise.

Any kit car, like the Shelby replica referred to in that terribly sad story, has no safety aids. A light weight, short wheelbase car with 400hp is very much a handful but with no traction or stability control it's dangerous for 99% of drivers.

I add my condolences on your loss Nasty2ss.
            Thank you Denizen,that is true no traction stability control the car did have harness seat belts which they were not wearing, the car also had summer tires and it was cold night in January,he told the police he stomped on it and the next thing he knew the car was upside down.Thanks again every one for listening to my story and the kind thoughts.

Comment

Looks like the over-engineered frame protected the driver.

Comment

Not to be redundant.... but this is such an important topic. I too had track experience in my early days and thought I was pretty competent. Then several years ago took the Aston Martin performance driving course at Millbrook. I did a few laps at speed with my instructor I thought I knew what I was doing. That is of course until we switch seats and he showed me what real talent was. It was very humbling. Those of you who have been in a situation where the car has gotten away from you unexpectedly you can appreciate that most of us are not that skilled with a 500 hp car. Add a dose of immaturity to that and it’s a recipe for disaster. I’m not sure what the answer is but with more and more powerful cars on the road and younger inexperienced drivers behind the wheel we should all be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                  So now we're going to build high performance street cars with 700, 800, even 1000hp? Nuts, just nuts!!
                  In a suburban area where I live, I believe for a car below 4,000lbs, that about 500 RWHP is the about limit of usable HP for a street car. Those that drive on R-compound tires or live in rural areas with long straight-aways might have room where more than that power can be used. This is one of the reasons that I don't care if the C8 Z06 has less HP than the C7 Z06. Even at 600 HP, it will exceed my usable street power threshold.
                  2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

I just talked to the dealer that sold this C8. The Owner wasn't driving the car, as he had let his Friend drive it to experience what it was like driving the all new C8. (What are friends for) has an all new meaning.
                    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

The very best thing that I did with when I got my C7 Z06 was to go to the Spring Mountain Ron Fellowes driving school two day session. Really gives you a much better understanding of the car's capabilities and the need to respect them. If it were closer I might do it again. --Bob
                      Last edited by Warp Ten; 02-27-2021, 10:18 AM.
                      2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                      -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                      1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                      1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                      1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                      ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                      Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                      NCM Lifetime Member
                      Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                      "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

Going to Spring Mountain May 5th and 6th. Excited! Will be my third trip there overall.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X