Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Harlan Charles answers YOUR questions on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlan Charles answers YOUR questions on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

I am putting together a podcast with Harlan Charles, Corvette Product Manager, for the CORVETTE TODAY podcast! Harlan will be answering your questions about Corvette.

You can list your questions here in this thread. We will be able to answer 15-18 questions you have about Corvette. If this goes well, my hope is that we can do this style podcast with Harlan on a regular basis.

GUIDELINES:

1. No questions about future projects for Corvette or GM. Those questions will not be answered (as you might know, the Corvette Team does not talk about future projects)

2. No questions like, "Where is my car?" or "Can you tell me when my car will be built?"

Please be patient-this will take time to put together! But it should be an outstanding CORVETTE TODAY podcast.

Thanks,

Steve Garrett
    2014 Torch Red C7 Stingray "Carbon Fiber Edition"
    Born September 19, 2013 (VIN #1445)
    Z51 Package-3LT Interior Trim-7 Speed Manual

HOST-CORVETTE TODAY podcast (www.anchor.fm/steve-garrett)

Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136

NEW!!! Now watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube!

Question:

“Harlan, Tadge told us that you are the impetus behind the PDR program, for getting it underway. The PDR is so useful and so safe for us all. Thank you!

Is there another project that you pushed that is part of our C8’s (or our C7’s) that we might now know about your being the impetus behind it?”
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

”We hear that you always use the paddles in manual mode. Please share a little about that.”

Comment

Harlan, Has anyone given any thought to protecting the Frunk emergency button from packages accidently falling against it while driving?

Harlan, Has anyone thought about better protecting the front rads from damage? Many of us have seen extensive damage from debris and even bugs to those rads.
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

As a current C8 owner here are my top two that I would love to have addressed from an official source. Thanks for asking us.
          1. There has been many posted comments regarding the concern about water getting into the front shock towers. Owners of 2021 C8's have noticed there has been a change in the cowl molding that has eliminated the 4 drainage slots where water was allowed to drain directly in the shock tower. Also owners have discovered some corrosion occurring to the shock mounting bolts feeling this could be an issue with two dissimilar metals causing problems down the road. Can you comment on this?
          2. There have been a number of reports on the Front Lift system leaking oil from top of the reservoir dripping down onto other components and to the floor and feeling this has something to do with either the cap seal or the reservoir being overfilled. Can you comment on this?

Comment

Harlan - Thanks to you, Tadge and the Whole Corvette Team for making such a wonderful piece of machinery for such a Great Value.

Question - When we are jacking up the car in our garage is it best to lift it from the rear or front jacking location as the rigidity of the chassis lifts the whole side of the vehicle ?
            Last edited by Frenzy36; 02-10-2021, 01:46 PM.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Q. from the owner of a C8: is there any thought to creating additional accessible jack points, so the car can be more easily lifted off all 4 wheels and placed onto jack stands, when (for example) taking off all 4 wheels at the same time? Or perhaps (?) making more undercarriage openings is seen as compromising the aerodynamics/rigidity of the car?

And yes, thanks for a great machine; kudos to GM and its engineers!

[Thanks Steve.]

Comment

When do you expect BGA to restart production, and do you foresee any future stoppages due to supplier shortages? Thank you.
                Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Harlan, great job to you and the entire corvette team on the C8 success, thank you for everything you do and converting a former Camaro owner to a Corvette owner!

Can you explain why (how) the decision was made to not have the grey stripe on the steering wheel for the Sky Cool Grey interior color? I'm curious as to why it wasn't included on this color and the thought process behind the decision.

Cheers,
                  Greg
                  My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

There has been some paint inconsistencies reported. For example, the ELB cars can see the bonding strip on some panels and there are some drip marks around the headlights and on some of the trunk areas. Have these been addressed in the upcoming vehicles?

Comment

All of us are very fond of our C8s, and are worried while away from them when they are parked.

Any chance of implementing the PDR to record when away from the car similar to Tesla's Sentry Mode?

Corvette Watch Dog mode? Corvette Guard Dog mode? Corvette Watch Ray mode??? Oh, wait....

Continuously monitoring the environment around the car when it’s left unattended would be very welcomed. You can tie-in the rear cameras for Watch Dog mode, and tie-in the side cameras, when available.
                      Bob Sliwa
                      "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
                      Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
                      Ludicrous Speed - https://youtu.be/ygE01sOhzz0

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
                      2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

Thanks for the opportunity:

My question is:

What were the design limits for cold weather driving? Can you elaborate on whether or not the car was designed for snowy and frigid temps for many months? And I mean cold as in -40 and many feet of snow during the winter months. What are some precautions other than tires that winter drivers could take in order to enjoy their Corvette year round? Excess snow sticking to intakes etc; all of the sand getting into all of the places where air is sucked in?

Comment

Those are some great questions. When can we expect to see the podcast?

Comment

Every time I start our C8 the 'hologram' of a C8 appears on the instrument cluster. Unfortunately ours (and many others) are HTC's. What are the chances of a HTC (with the top down) being developed and downloaded to replace the coupe???
                            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Bob View Post
                              Those are some great questions. When can we expect to see the podcast?

I'm not sure....thanks for being patient, though. Once we get this first one under our belt, if Harlan can do more, it should go even smoother!
                              2014 Torch Red C7 Stingray "Carbon Fiber Edition"
                              Born September 19, 2013 (VIN #1445)
                              Z51 Package-3LT Interior Trim-7 Speed Manual

HOST-CORVETTE TODAY podcast (www.anchor.fm/steve-garrett)

Sign up for CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page

Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com

Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136

NEW!!! Now watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X