Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Are there any Birdies Chirping about the Base 2022 Corvette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any Birdies Chirping about the Base 2022 Corvette?

Looks like there's pleanty of talk about the 2022 Z06, 2023 ZR1 and 2024 Electric ... Just Talk I guess

New Details About 2022 Chevy Corvette Z06 and Other C8 Variants Emerge
    https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...1-eray-rumors/

But are there any thoughts on Pricing Increses, options updates or color adds?

It would be nice to know if there's any upside to getting in line for a 2022, concidering the MY will be more than half over before I get one.

Inquiring Minds want to know
    Last edited by Plentyfast; 02-09-2021, 09:54 AM.
    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
    [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Based on past history of the C7, I wouldn't expect any major changes. Looking at the C7, there were minor changes from one year to the next, but nothing I would call major. 2015 got the PDR and the 8 speed automatic (I'd guess those were intended for the 2014, but just not ready in time), 2016 got the front parking cameras, 2017 (I think) got the bigger Z51 wheels and tires on the non-Z. Some paint color changes. And, of course, some price increases.

Since the C8 already has the PDR, the front cameras, and an 8 speed automatic... Who can guess what GM will do, but I wouldn't expect major improvements. I would bet on a price increase. Maybe, along with that, the 1LT will get some of the safety features from the 2LT?
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
      I would bet on a price increase.
      I agree. I think that will be the major change for 2022.

Comment

The most obvious ones to me would be pricing and color changes, and maybe better wheel choices. Some more info Aprilish?
        My guess right now is I get a June allocation and I would like to know the changes as well. I don't see waiting for a 22, but would be nice to know what is planned.
        2021 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and gray hash marks. September first delivery??

Comment

Yep we need better wheels choices
          [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

How far ahead of the next model year do they confirm changes that might make you wait?

Comment

I want to say they usually change the base wheel in the third or forth model year.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Bob View Post
                How far ahead of the next model year do they confirm changes that might make you wait?
                There's problably nothing GM could change to make me wait more.

I'm just asking questions, because what else can you do but speculate, dream, hope, wish, pray, opine and watch some more Videos?

I'm just entertaining myself while waiting, it's not like I got other things to do

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

I am in the verge of a 2021/22 allocation. If it will be late 21, I am happy, cause I’ll have it earlier and probably avoid 2-3K price increase. If I get an early 22, I will be just as happy as it will be 1 MY younger and have one or two small perks over the 21 and with the potential to have some more wild color options (hopefully)
                  Placed order for 3LT, Rapid Blue, two-tone blue interior & splash guards. ETA Late 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post
                    I am in the verge of a 2021/22 allocation. If it will be late 21, I am happy, cause I’ll have it earlier and probably avoid 2-3K price increase. If I get an early 22, I will be just as happy as it will be 1 MY younger and have one or two small perks over the 21 and with the potential to have some more wild color options (hopefully)
                    I'm with you, at this point I'll take an allocation from anyone who is providing it. But it would be nice to know if there's a new color or useful option. I live in an area where I don't drive my Vette in the Winter, so if come's in the Winter, the Car will be just sitting in the Garage for another 6 months.

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Bob View Post
                      In typical years, GM generally talks about the next model year changes at the Michelin Bash, in April, at the museum. But this isn't a typical year, so who knows.

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

There's problably nothing GM could change to make me wait more.
                      It'll be too late for me (not that I'm complaining!), but the only thing that might have made me wait was if they reintroduced Daytona Sunrise Orange, or "Orange Mist"
                      Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

In typical years, GM generally talks about the next model year changes at the Michelin Bash, in April, at the museum. But this isn't a typical year, so who knows.

It'll be too late for me (not that I'm complaining!), but the only thing that might have made me wait was if they reintroduced Daytona Sunrise Orange, or "Orange Mist"

After thinking about it, a Grand Sport wound make me wait. I don't really need the power of a Z06, but I do like my firend's 2018 Grand Sport.

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

My will be a 22 as told by my dealer expected before May 22 and that suits me fine. Will sell my Grand Sport either late fall or early spring .Deposit Dec 15/20 and I am at 1100 status.

Comment

I’m hoping they put the self-latch (?) in the frunk like they did for the trunk on the 2016 up C7 .. 🤞🏻
                            A thought if I might ...

Comment

GM has agreed to incorporate Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) on virtually all vehicles by 2022:

https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/.../0317-aeb.html

At that point all of the hardware required for Adaptive Cruise Control will probably be on the vehicle so it may be a feature of the 2022s.
                              2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X