Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Multiple Simultaneous Failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB View Post
    Battery sets off multiple issues usually...follow advice given ...

id first start off with new battery at dealership. OVer the years when I got weird messages like service active handling etc...id swap in a new battery and all my error messages would go away for about 36 months till I put another battery in...

my previous corvette ran diagnostics when parked as most corvettes do..

male sure your not leaving any thing on and turning off accessory mode when leaving the car. My radar dedector pluged into the outlet near the glove box powers off when I open the car door....does yours?

good luck
    Yes, the detector powers off with the opening of the door and I never leave anything on (except the accidental interior light a couple of times over the last year).

Comment

My C8 is hooked up to the battery tender constantly, and only disconnected when driven. I also charge up my other vehicles when they're in the garage. Once I started doing that years ago, I haven't had any battery issues.

Comment

The tender was on all night, but the problem persists unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnguess View Post
          The tender was on all night, but the problem persists unfortunately.
          Good news is that they appear to be repeatable, so hopefully they fail at the dealer. Nothing worse than intermittent failures that only happen when the car is not for service.
          2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post

Good news is that they appear to be repeatable, so hopefully they fail at the dealer. Nothing worse than intermittent failures that only happen when the car is not for service.
            This is very true. I dig your optimism, lol.

Comment

My money is on the battery being below full charge, 11.8 volts when car is not running seems low to me. Also, I don't think a tender will provide much if any charge to a discharged battery. They are meant to maintain, not boost, a battery's charge.
              3LT Torch Red/Adrenaline Red, Z51, MSRC

Comment

Originally posted by wbrands View Post
                My money is on the battery being below full charge, 11.8 volts when car is not running seems low to me. Also, I don't think a tender will provide much if any charge to a discharged battery. They are meant to maintain, not boost, a battery's charge.
                I didn't see the 11.8V come up in the OP thread. Coming out of the Jaguar world voltage was always the issue with their late model cars. So from all of experience with that what I have taken away is that if a battery sits lets say overnight you should see 12.6V when tested in the morning. That would normally be 6 cells at 2.1 V each which as I understand it is a battery at 100% charge. I don't know how GM handled it but with Jag as the voltage starts to drop the electrical system starts to suspend functions which resulted in various glitches . Just my 2 cents.

Comment

When you came out this morning was the light on the tender green or still red. If you have a Deltran battery tender jr. or even the plus version won't always charge the battery to full voltage overnight. Did you check the voltage this morning with the tender disconnected?

Comment

11.8 volts indicates that your battery is only 35% charged. It needs an actual charger. It would take a tender several days to charge it.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrands View Post
                      Also, I don't think a tender will provide much if any charge to a discharged battery. They are meant to maintain, not boost, a battery's charge.
                      If the OP is using the charger made by CTEK that came as part of the C8 'battery protection package', then it can also recondition/revive dead batteries.

Comment

If you are going to charge a battery you should have a 10 amp or larger charger. Any 3-5 amp battery maintainer isn't built for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Bob View Post
                          When you came out this morning was the light on the tender green or still red. If you have a Deltran battery tender jr. or even the plus version won't always charge the battery to full voltage overnight. Did you check the voltage this morning with the tender disconnected?
                          Yes, the charger (CTek 7002) showed full but the battery showed 12.1 in the gauge cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post

If the OP is using the charger made by CTEK that came as part of the C8 'battery protection package', then it can also recondition/revive dead batteries.
                            I'm running it on recondition as we speak.

Comment

Sounds like a dying battery to me.

Comment

Well, it was a ****ed squirrel -- a squirrel chewed up a wiring harness. They are trying to repair it today.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X