Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Multiple Simultaneous Failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Simultaneous Failures

So I started my C8 and immediately get a 'service front lift system' notification, which doesn't work. Then go to use my turn signal, 'check front right turn signal', the entire light doesn't work -- turn signal, DRL, low beam, high beam, all completely out but the left is fine. The window auto up and auto down do not work, but normal up and down do, the front bumper button to open the frunk doesn't work, but the keyfob does. Just weird random things that don't function at all. I have an appointment with the service department on Thursday and this car is my daily. I'm a bit concerned to say the least.

Originally posted by shawnguess View Post
    So I started my C8 and immediately get a 'service front lift system' notification, which doesn't work. Then go to use my turn signal, 'check front right turn signal', the entire light doesn't work -- turn signal, DRL, low beam, high beam, all completely out but the left is fine. The window auto up and auto down do not work, but normal up and down do, the front bumper button to open the frunk doesn't work, but the keyfob does. Just weird random things that don't function at all. I have an appointment with the service department on Thursday and this car is my daily. I'm a bit concerned to say the least.
    Annoying for sure, hopefully it's something simple, possibly even a loose connection, and you can be back on your way and enjoying the car quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

Annoying for sure, hopefully it's something simple, possibly even a loose connection, and you can be back on your way and enjoying the car quickly!
      Thanks, yeah I hope it's just something simple.

Comment

Sorry to hear - sounds like a bad ground somewhere. I assume since it is your daily it has not sat for days.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          Sorry to hear - sounds like a bad ground somewhere. I assume since it is your daily it has not sat for days.
          You're right -- it only sits for a couple of days at a time, maximum.

Comment

Did you wire anything into the fuse panel or add any wiring which may have become pinched and caused an issue? I have had issues wiring lights for fogs in vettes before because of the grounds it drove me nuts trying to figure out electrical gremlins. I know you were trying to figure out how to wire in engine compartment lights at one time.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Did you wire anything into the fuse panel or add any wiring which may have become pinched and caused an issue? I have had issues wiring lights for fogs in vettes before because of the grounds it drove me nuts trying to figure out electrical gremlins. I know you were trying to figure out how to wire in engine compartment lights at one time.
              Other than the radar detector in the cigarette lighter port it's completely electrically stock.

Comment

Other than the radar detector in the cigarette lighter port it's completely electrically stock.
                There has been a couple videos of banging on the row of buttons and having it fix the illuminated screen displays and front end lift - for some reason there must be a relay or terminal connector in there which could also be causing intermittent issues.
                At least you are able to still drive it. Please let us know what the dealer figures out. Also may want to put it on a tender overnight just to see if that may remedy the situation in case you have a weak cell in the battery which may cause a low voltage issue.

Haven't you had your car for a year now? Have you been keeping it on a tender?
                Last edited by Frenzy36; 02-08-2021, 11:03 PM.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

There has been a couple videos of banging on the row of buttons and having it fix the illuminated screen displays and front end lift - for some reason there must be a relay or terminal connector in there which could also be causing intermittent issues.
                  At least you are able to still drive it. Please let us know what the dealer figures out. Also may want to put it on a tender overnight just to see if that may remedy the situation in case you have a weak cell in the battery which may cause a low voltage issue.
                  Interesting, thanks for that info. The dash voltage reads 15.1v, could it still be the issue?

Comment

Interesting, thanks for that info. The dash voltage reads 15.1v, could it still be the issue?
                    You must have the car running to get that voltage. That is the voltage in which the car is raising the voltage to to try to charge the battery or lights and everything on. What is the voltage without the engine on ?
                    Rocket City Florida

Comment

if my car, I would insure your battery is fully charged as very next thing i would do if my car were failing in many electrical ways, for many who have had an isolated or a couple of electrical issues, had them disappear after a full charge. We of course hope your issues are that simple. The nice thing is that you can have it fully charged before your Thursday service appointment and hopefully you could cancel it as not needed.

And also before charging it, I would recommend your removing your radar detector from your “cigarette lighter.”

Best of luck.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You must have the car running to get that voltage. That is the voltage in which the car is raising the voltage to to try to charge the battery or lights and everything on. What is the voltage without the engine on ?
                        You're right, 15.1 was running. It's 11.8 when off.

Comment

You're right, 15.1 was running. It's 11.8 when off.
                          Try putting it on a tender - hopefully will correct the issue overnight. If that does correct it - replace the battery. These things seem to be using some amperage even when just sitting for a few days and if you have had you car for a year without using a tender on it and not driving it a reasonable distance every day your battery may be just weak.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Try putting it on a tender - hopefully will correct the issue overnight. If that does correct it - replace the battery. These things seem to be using some amperage even when just sitting for a few days and if you have had you car for a year without using a tender on it and not driving it a reasonable distance every day your battery may be just weak.
                            On the tender as we speak. I hope I wake up to a fully functional C8 tomorrow! Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Battery sets off multiple issues usually...follow advice given ...

id first start off with new battery at dealership. OVer the years when I got weird messages like service active handling etc...id swap in a new battery and all my error messages would go away for about 36 months till I put another battery in...

my previous corvette ran diagnostics when parked as most corvettes do..

male sure your not leaving any thing on and turning off accessory mode when leaving the car. My radar dedector pluged into the outlet near the glove box powers off when I open the car door....does yours?

good luck

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X