Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Helpful and/or curious things you should know about your new C8

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is one of the few paint codes we do not yet have. Sorry. Here’s the list or all of them we do.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...touch-up-codes
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
      John
      How do you get 17 variables in my mode? Can you access more than 2 tiles in my mode or do you have to be in track mode to get 4 tiles on left side? Also I have a problem with my chosen Sport display NOT staying on HUD display when I stop the engine (when I am in My Mode); it always reverts to TOUR and I have to redo the button on HUD to get it back to Sport when I restart the engine. All chosen variables on DIC automatically come up with my mode but not the HUD. Can you or anyone else (more knowledgeable than I help me resolve these issues.)? I guess I need to ask a 2 year old to help me 🙄; LOL, since they seem to know more about electronics than I.
      Heidi
      Save the Wave👋
      Heidi, sorry I missed your question days earlier, and second how I get to 17 it is also how one counts.

But before getting into that, I had a smarter than me friend set up my HUD so it always is exactly the one way I want it (but I do not know how he got there). It never deviates form that setting whether the ignition is turned on or off, the DMS is used to change modes nor anything else changes it. Hopefully someone else will chime in below to answer how one sets it for permanency .

Yes as you suspicioned, you have to be in track mode to get to the maximum number of gauges constantly displayed at once. Lastly, I count them as 17, but others with my identical display count them as 14. The differences is that I am counting every tire as a separate piece of information (for I want to know them all instantaneously at all times at a glance).

If GM comes up with a way to have me have 30 gauges all displayed at once, I would make the change to that asap. I love constant, most-est info.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John
        How do you get 17 variables in my mode? Can you access more than 2 tiles in my mode or do you have to be in track mode to get 4 tiles on left side? Also I have a problem with my chosen Sport display NOT staying on HUD display when I stop the engine (when I am in My Mode); it always reverts to TOUR and I have to redo the button on HUD to get it back to Sport when I restart the engine. All chosen variables on DIC automatically come up with my mode but not the HUD. Can you or anyone else (more knowledgeable than I help me resolve these issues.)? I guess I need to ask a 2 year old to help me 🙄; LOL, since they seem to know more about electronics than I.
        Heidi
        Save the Wave👋
        Hi Heidi. I used this video to learn how to adjust and customize my displays. Have a look at this and see if it helps with your HUD question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VbT9CVExI

Comment

pksjc:Thank you for your reply. The HUD was resolved by my tech. It is now permanently in SPORT position. That video is very helpful for any one who wants to customize the DIC. Thanks for posting it. This forum membership is invaluable!!!
          Heidi
          Save the Wave
          2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

Post 47. Thanks John. That makes sense now, since you count all 4 tires.😉 I had tried and tried again and never could come up with that many displays. I personally like the track mode display with 4 tiles on left but my hubby wants to constantly see the oil pressure and battery charge, so we keep it in Sport display with 2 tiles plus the other info automatically shown. I switch to Weather mode before I leave to assure the tire pressure is ok and switch right back to my mode with all previously entered info showing up automatically. That is one feature (my mode) which I like for that reason (it comes up automatically with each engine start). As explained in Post 49 above my HUD is now constantly on SPORT.
            Thank you for taking the time to come back to my earlier question.
            Heidi
            Save the Wave👋

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Battery voltage is one of the 17 always-up & visible variables I am monitoring.
              17? I haven't counted, but even in the track mode display I'm not sure I can see 17 items. I'm going to have to go out and count tomorrow!
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

If you set them up as discrete, including your HUD, you get 17 distinct piece of data at all times.

Comment

Post 47. Thanks John. That makes sense now, since you count all 4 tires.😉 I had tried and tried again and never could come up with that many displays. I personally like the track mode display with 4 tiles on left but my hubby wants to constantly see the oil pressure and battery charge, so we keep it in Sport display with 2 tiles plus the other info automatically shown. I switch to Weather mode before I leave to assure the tire pressure is ok and switch right back to my mode with all previously entered info showing up automatically. That is one feature (my mode) which I like for that reason (it comes up automatically with each engine start). As explained in Post 49 above my HUD is now constantly on SPORT.
                  Thank you for taking the time to come back to my earlier question.
                  Heidi
                  Save the Wave👋
                  Heidi, you can choose voltage and oil pressure as 2 of the tiles in track mode. My four are oil pressure and oilClick image for larger version

Name:	20210626_173513.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	305684 temp for the upper two, tire pressure and voltage for the bottom two.

Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Post 53: Thanks I try, that because I like the 4 tile ability. When I had it on 4 tiles track I only got oil temp and battery voltage and tires. Need to play with the DIC again to make both my hubby and me happy with display. Thanks for the assistance. BTW the youtube by Jeremy is excellent. He has been such great help to me back in '15-17 with both our C7s. So glad he is on this forum too.
                    Heidi
                    Save the W👋ave

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X