Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Helpful and/or curious things you should know about your new C8

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful and/or curious things you should know about your new C8

I think it might be useful to start a thread populated by early adopters/owners of C8s, sharing both useful tidbits as well as some unusual things you might experience initially. Often having a heads-up can make new ownership even more fun. Thanks in advance for contributing!
    'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13- Sold Oct '21
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
    Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
    blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Though surely not knew as information nor discussion, when I was asked earlier today what one thing that continually gives me pleasure in the C8, I responded that it is the rear digital camera. This was echoed in my phone call today buy a friend who while he has owned Corvettes for five decades, just this past week got his first ride in a C8. He was in the passenger seat and said that the rear camera mirror was a great surprise and joy to him. My wife who has chosen to so far only be in our C8’s passenger seat, often echoes those sentiments, noting that for the first time she has the same view about the back of the Corvette as does the driver. She loves it.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

OK, John, while on the subject of the rear view camera, I figured out something about it that applies to HTC owners. Since it automatically turns off when the top is lowered, I tried setting the angle of the mirror so it was correct for top down “normal mirror mode” with the lever still in the “camera mode” position so I wouldn’t ever have to flip the lever. While it technically works, when the mirror is in that position and you subsequently raise the roof and the camera turns back on, you get horrible reflections in the camera mirror rendering it almost unusable. Once I flipped the lever to “normal mirror” mode, adjusted it appropriately, then flipped back to camera mode, the reflections were gone and I had a crystal clear camera view. It took me awhile to realize what was wrong, as the camera view had been perfect when I picked up the car. I was very happy to discover that it was my “lazy man’s solution” to not having to flip the lever that was the real problem.

Comment

That is one excellent tip for HTC owners! Thanks much 16falcon.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

But the camera doesn’t turn off. Conti did a couple of videos demonstrating it working with the top down. Your point is well taken though.
          Rick, Charlotte, NC
          My 1st: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Current: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels.

Comment

This should go without saying, but READ THE MANUAL. Based on a lot of questions I've seen raised here and on various other C8 forums/FB pages, it is apparent that many people don't want to take the time to research their issue before posting for answers (and often times don't even search the forum to see if their issue has already been answered, and yes it usually has). I'm one of those who reads manuals. And I have to say, that this Corvette manual is extremely thorough and really does answer most of questions I have seen asked. I spent the time reading the manual prior to taking delivery of my car (it helped with the 16 month wait), so when I got my C8 I felt like I already knew it and was able to customize it very quickly.

Sure, there are questions that come up that aren't answered in the manual, and that's what this forum is for. But if you want to avoid the snarky responses to questions you think are unique to you that you post on forums, check the manual first. Read, then post.
            HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
            Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300:10/20/20; 3400:11/2/20; 3800: 11/16/20; 4150: 11/17/20; 5000: 11/19/20; 6000: 11/25.

Comment

Now that's just crazy talk KLZ!
              J/K, I am a huge proponent of reading any owners manual. Should be mandatory.
              2022 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and CF int. Pre halloween delivery??

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Though surely not knew as information nor discussion, when I was asked earlier today what one thing that continually gives me pleasure in the C8, I responded that it is the rear digital camera. This was echoed in my phone call today buy a friend who while he has owned Corvettes for five decades, just this past week got his first ride in a C8. He was in the passenger seat and said that the rear camera mirror was a great surprise and joy to him. My wife who has chosen to so far only be in our C8’s passenger seat, often echoes those sentiments, noting that for the first time she has the same view about the back of the Corvette as does the driver. She loves it.
                Great observations John. I will say - it took me some time to adjust to the camera view, but it IS an excellent viewpoint. And on a more humorous note, I just got my eyes adjusted to it and had to store the car for the winter! (I am in snowy Northern Ontario Canada)...so I expect another period of adjustment when I get it out again. Still worth it!
                Black 3LT Z51; GT2 Seats TU7 (red); C2Z FA5 NPP RCC RZ9 SNG (Carbon Flash/Edge Red) 5DF (Black 5-spoke Trident) DTH & EFR (Carbon Flash) FE3 J6F (Red) RXJ UQH UTU VST VYW VQK ZZ3

Comment

My C8 is vin #1591and I took delivery in March 2020. Plan for extra time whenever you take the car out for an errand. Countless people will approach you with questions and ask if they can take photo of your car. Commit to memory as many of the technical and performance specs as you can...you will be peppered with questions. This is my 4th first year new generation corvette and it’s the first time people have come out and asked how much it cost. Washing the car is a joy....drying it is a pain in the you know what. There are so many nooks and crannies that water drips out long after you think it is fully dry. We have hard water here so I am constantly using a detail spray to get rid of white drip marks. And my last suggestion...when a little kid comes up to look at it...pay extra attention. They are wide-eyed with excitement and anything you can do to keep the allure of the corvette alive with future generations is worth the extra time. Enjoy your ride!
                  Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    I drove a coupe for the first time at Ron Fellows. I was surprised at how little you can see with just the mirror. I would say the camera is essential for the coupe. That alone would have me get the 2LT instead of 1. My HTC has more visibility from the mirror. But the camera is fantastic. There is only one problem for me with my presbyopia, I cannot see anything in focus through the camera. My eyes don't transition well from the windshield to the camera. But even though it is slightly blurry, I can see enough to know what's out there.
                    Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300:10/20/20; 3400:11/2/20; 3800: 11/16/20; 4150: 11/17/20; 5000: 11/19/20; 6000: 11/25.

Comment

Originally posted by JPD1111 View Post
                      My C8 is vin #1591and I took delivery in March 2020. Plan for extra time whenever you take the car out for an errand. Countless people will approach you with questions and ask if they can take photo of your car. Commit to memory as many of the technical and performance specs as you can...you will be peppered with questions. This is my 4th first year new generation corvette and it’s the first time people have come out and asked how much it cost. Washing the car is a joy....drying it is a pain in the you know what. There are so many nooks and crannies that water drips out long after you think it is fully dry. We have hard water here so I am constantly using a detail spray to get rid of white drip marks. And my last suggestion...when a little kid comes up to look at it...pay extra attention. They are wide-eyed with excitement and anything you can do to keep the allure of the corvette alive with future generations is worth the extra time. Enjoy your ride!
                      So true and to this day expect what would have been a 10 minute gas stop to often become two or three times that due to the folks continually coming up to you to get a closer look at the car, take pics, ask questions, etc. Also true at highway rest stops. The car is the star!

Comment

No issues with my machine (she is in hibernation anyways :P)...I was just surprised the other day to receive a gift from GM as a thank-you for my purchase! A beautiful paperweight silhouette of the new mid-engine style, in my ordered vehicle colour, with a plate attached that had my VIN number....a lovely keepsake and a nice touch! Way to go Corvette team!
                        Black 3LT Z51; GT2 Seats TU7 (red); C2Z FA5 NPP RCC RZ9 SNG (Carbon Flash/Edge Red) 5DF (Black 5-spoke Trident) DTH & EFR (Carbon Flash) FE3 J6F (Red) RXJ UQH UTU VST VYW VQK ZZ3

Comment

Here's a tip, if you're coming into this car from a previous generation Corvette get ready for a vastly different car.

Comment

So, I have noticed this question pop up on numerous threads: "Where is the button when the display reads press check mark symbol?"

It's a trick answer. It's not really a button as you would expect to find, which may be what is confusing some people. You push down on the “scroll wheel” (not scroll down but press it down - it’s a button as well as a scroll wheel). It’s in the middle of the up, down, left, right arrows on the right side of your steering wheel.

Comment

I think you should be aware that if the engine is not or won't run you cannot put the vehicle into Neutral to move it or load to unto a tow truck.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X