Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

New colors for MY 2022 - speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New colors for MY 2022 - speculation

Looking at what changes GM did with regard to exterior colors from 2020 to 2021 and looking a bit back on earlier generations, I am guessing the following for 2022.

1: GM will keep 2 “wild colors” (for 2021 R Blue and A Yellow). GM will keep 2 “premium” colors (for 2021 Orange and Red Mist). GM will have 8 “normal” colors.

2: GM will pick 2 colors of the least popular colors, and change/substitute these. GM will not necessarily pick the 2 least popular colors in this regard, as there is simply value in giving people a broad choice of colors (so not just 12 different kinds of red, for example). The same way as it would be cheaper to just offer a car in 1 color, it is simply accepted that this customer choice “cost money”.

3: It would be too boring if GM went and made a new red and silver/grey color, again.

4: Silver Flare Metallic, and Red Mist Tintcoat are ew, I don’t expect them to change these.

taking 1, 2 and 3 into account, based on the break down of 2020 Corvettes, I think GM will change/substitute 2 of the following:
    • Blade Silver (5.55%) (already substituted with Silver Flare)
    • Shadow Gray (5.45%)
    • Long Beach Red (5.25%) (already substituted with Red Mist Tintcoat)
    • Accelerate Yellow (3.38%)
    • Zeus Bronze (2.69%)
    The 2 to be taken out, I would guess to be:
    ☝️Shadow Gray, as there are basically 3 variations of gray, this is the least popular of gray.
    ✌️Accelerate Yellow. Not Zeus Bronze, as this keeps the color palette broad.

I hope one of the colors we will see instead is
    green (probably a lime green one, substituting yellow). I believe C4, C5 and C6 all had some iterations of green.

What do you think?

Last edited by Top Off Action; 02-06-2021, 09:07 AM.
    Placed order for 3LT, Rapid Blue, two-tone blue interior & splash guards. ETA Late 2021

I would like to see a yellow similar to what Lambo uses...and maybe bring back Riverside Gold
    '21 C8 HTC- Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,...

Comment

I would lige to see the Sublime from Dodge
      Placed order for 3LT, Rapid Blue, two-tone blue interior & splash guards. ETA Late 2021

Comment

There was no green during the C6 generation.

Lime Rock Green was a one year only (2014) C7 color and there hasn't been a green since.

Ceramic Matrix Gray and Sebring Orange debuted in 2018 so they may be due for replacement.

They usually change the gray every few years so Shadow Gray may become a different gray.

I don't see Rapid Blue, Elkhart Lake Blue or Accelerate Yellow changing anytime soon.

There will always be black and white.

1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

So it was the early C7 which had the Lime Rock Green
          I guess

Comment

There will be plenty of "in your face" color suggestions from others. My choices tend to be more conservative: Goodwood green ('67), Daytona blue ('63)
            C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
              There will be plenty of "in your face" color suggestions from others. My choices tend to be more conservative: Goodwood green ('67), Daytona blue ('63)
              I tend to agree--I like darker colors. I would also like to see a return to Daytona Blue or some similar dark blue, like Porsche's Midnight Blue, or a dark red. The darker the better, like a Black Cherry color on some cars, notably the 2020 Traverse. The Traverse also has a Midnight Blue metallic. Shouldn't be hard to GM to transfer a bit of paint over to the boys in Bowling Green. Or maybe Black Rose Metallic from the C4s or 2017 C7. Some better colors (to me) might shift my thinking on a purchase; for now sticking with my LRB C7-- Bob
              2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
              -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
              1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
              1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
              1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
              ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
              Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
              NCM Lifetime Member
              Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
              "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

They need a true grey, not one with blue in it. Like every other auto maker has. Not a different light silver, not a dark greyish blue. A true gunmetal liquid medium grey. I actually don't like any of the 20 or 21 colors, just settling because they don't have what I want lol.
                Status 3000 2/16/21, TPW 5/3 (Deposit 4/20/20):
                3LT Z51 HTC Silver Flare, black w/ yellow stitching & seat belts, Mag Ride, Lift, Aftermarket: powder coated yellow calipers, CF Ground effects & spoiler, Corsa valved exhaust, BC Forged 20/20 setup

Current:
                2014 Highly Custom Street Glide Special
                2018 Summit White/Blackout Suburban RST

Past:
                1971 C3 RESTOMOD Blue/Black 496ci/722hp/704tq 5-speed/Coilovers and lots more
                2002 C5 Black/Black Targa 6-speed Z51 (1st Vette)

Comment

My 07 was Monterey Red with a Kalahari int. I could do that all over again

Comment

Color is a very personal thing. That's why they offer more than 3 or 4 to choose from. From my perspective, there is way too much grey in the world. Even one shade is too much. Again.... it's just a matter of personal choice.
                    2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Originally posted by mike73229 View Post
                      They need a true grey, not one with blue in it. Like every other auto maker has. Not a different light silver, not a dark greyish blue. A true gunmetal liquid medium grey.
                      So basically like primer? 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

No, they already have that. It's called CMG
                        but Shark grey would be great
                        Status 3000 2/16/21, TPW 5/3 (Deposit 4/20/20):
                        3LT Z51 HTC Silver Flare, black w/ yellow stitching & seat belts, Mag Ride, Lift, Aftermarket: powder coated yellow calipers, CF Ground effects & spoiler, Corsa valved exhaust, BC Forged 20/20 setup

Current:
                        2014 Highly Custom Street Glide Special
                        2018 Summit White/Blackout Suburban RST

Past:
                        1971 C3 RESTOMOD Blue/Black 496ci/722hp/704tq 5-speed/Coilovers and lots more
                        2002 C5 Black/Black Targa 6-speed Z51 (1st Vette)

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

Flat gray (no metallic) would look cool

Comment

Get rid of the 1970 Mustang Grabber Blue, oops I mean Corvette Rapid Blue. Why did GM put a Mustang color on the Corvette? 1967 Lynndale Blue might be a good color on the C8 design. Nassau Blue or Marina Blue also.

Comment

Mike Furman has posted in previous years that GM makes the color decisions a couple of years in advance. If true, current sales figures for the colors won't really be a factor.

C7 also had a green, in 2014, but not a bright one.

Other than that, I'm not going out on a limb with a guess. I hope they have another bright color, though. I'm tired of all the monochrome colors between white and black (white / silver / light gray / dark gray / black) - 5 of the 12 options. I'd like to see a true red, not the orangey Torch Red, but TR is such a Corvette tradition I doubt it will ever change. And they won't offer three reds, so pretty sure TR and RM will fill that part of the spectrum. .
                              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X