Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Where Are All The Corvettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 49 years old and have dreamed of owning a Corvette my entire life. Now that I finally got one I cant stop driving it. It puts a huge smile on my face every time I get in it. We dont know how long we have on this earth and I'm not willing to park it for 6 months just to keep it in good shape for the next owner.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post
      What is the reason people park there cars in the winter?
      There's a big difference between Kentucky and Canada.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette-AfterBigSnowfall-Medium.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	238967

Heck, there's a big difference between where I live and some places in Canada like Toronto. We get about double the snow fall.

In case you don't recognize the shape, that's my old C6 being slowly excavated after a big snow storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

There's a big difference between Kentucky and Canada.

Name:	Corvette-AfterBigSnowfall-Medium.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	238967

Heck, there's a big difference between where I live and some places in Canada like Toronto. We get about double the snow fall.

In case you don't recognize the shape, that's my old C6 being slowly excavated after a big snow storm.
        DANG! I think you need to figure out tracks for Corvettes! Gosh, I must say it's nice living closer to the equator!

Name:	Nissan-Rogue-Warrior-Concept-front-three-quarter-static.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	239008
        2021 Torch Red HTC with Carbon Flash Top, Nacelles, mirror & spoiler. 3LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Red/Black... Z51 ... Standard wheels, Mag Ride and Front Lift :-)
        STEK DYNOshield PPF, Llumar CTX 80% windshield 35% windows.
        NCM Delivered Jan 21 10am.

Comment

WW
          Ok,

What is the reason people park there cars in the winter? We picked ours up Jan and I'd like to know what the reasons are. This is our first Corvette and I'm loving driving the car now... I do park it below freezing for tire reasons. Other than tire reasons I understand if a salt brine is put on the roads it's bad for wheels??

Reasons for not driving in the winter:

Tires: Mount tires that are flexible at colder temps
          Salt: Only drive the car after rain has washed the roads off
          ???

What are the other reasons? I enjoy driving the car so I'm hoping the tires and salt are the only reasons :-) But I don't want to do anything dumb:-)
          Thanks!
          Mark

many people so love their corvettes they save them.

Mark trust me whenI tell you these cars are made to be used in all kinds of climate...

dont worry about the michlin P4S tires...they are perfectly fine to be used in cold weather. People are mixing up the P4S with the cup 2 tires of the c7 GS and z06 z07 package.

im driving around and the driver capability of these P4S tires are fine. Any stuff that rolls up on the bottom of the chassis washes off easy...

decide how you want to live your life. Just drive the car...harlan charles drives his corvettes in the winter and so have I for the past 2 decades. Quarter of a million corvette miles...every corvette sold to the forst person who looked at them. I take excellent care of my possessions...yet I enjoy them as they were keant to be used.

for kicks I inspected my last corvette on the lift with Paul Koerner before I sold the car and the underside was fine...143k miles as my daily driver in NY /NJ...

the people were climbing over themselves to buy my minty fresh 143k mile c6 z51 manual. First guy that came couldnt give me the momey fast enough...seriously...so tell me why not use these cars as cars?

there literally is no reason what so ever to park your vette for the winter...

for me? I dont drive the day of the storm...and if I happen to be out and I read and hear and see a big storm coming as I start to see the snow coming down hard...I head home.... We got 2 feet last week...((Sunday, momday amd tuesday) i stayed in as it was a declared state emergency so everyone stayed in. the next day once it stopped they plowed the two feet...i was out in my corvette...easy pizzy...

mark..you go back and forth on this subject...break free of the constraints that you think this corvette wasnt built to take weather...etc..and just enjoy yourself..

what is this a 70 or 80 grand sports car?

when you go to sell it....and you will..nobody is going to know or even care it travelled in winter weather.

say that out loud and listen to how silly ot sounds...

its a car....made by general motors to be used year round...

its not some flighty mclaren or aston martin that might have never been tested like GM s 300k mile validation testing..

gM beats the **** out of their test fleet before putting them in the factory to be built...

lifes short .....when the partys over...its over...

nobody is going to care that your corvette didnt or did drive in the winter time.

JMO

Last edited by JB; 02-08-2021, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin C8 View Post
            I'm 49 years old and have dreamed of owning a Corvette my entire life. Now that I finally got one I cant stop driving it. It puts a huge smile on my face every time I get in it. We dont know how long we have on this earth and I'm not willing to park it for 6 months just to keep it in good shape for the next owner.

Enjoy The Drive ... and be Safe.and don't worry about the next owner.

Worry more about the vehical behide you, chances are, it ain't a Corvette
            [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
            [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Hey Mark is your Corvette out this morning. This is on the Ohio side of the river and you probably got even more. Click image for larger version

Name:	Snow.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	239072

Comment

I can drive and go anywhere at any time. I just don't start in a heavy rainstorm. Here the worry is other drivers who drive 80mph plus on a wet I-10. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Ok,

What is the reason people park there cars in the winter? We picked ours up Jan and I'd like to know what the reasons are. This is our first Corvette and I'm loving driving the car now... I do park it below freezing for tire reasons. Other than tire reasons I understand if a salt brine is put on the roads it's bad for wheels??

Reasons for not driving in the winter:

Tires: Mount tires that are flexible at colder temps
                  Salt: Only drive the car after rain has washed the roads off
                  ???

What are the other reasons? I enjoy driving the car so I'm hoping the tires and salt are the only reasons :-) But I don't want to do anything dumb:-)
                  Thanks!
                  Mark

If you can get me one, I'll Drive it ... 😋
                  [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by 1more View Post
                    Hey Mark is your Corvette out this morning. This is on the Ohio side of the river and you probably got even more. Click image for larger version

Name:	Snow.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	239072
                    I had the car out yesterday, but NOT today... have not had 5-6 inches in a while. And I just sold my snow thrower!

Name:	20210209_091241.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	5.18 MB
ID:	239152
                    2021 Torch Red HTC with Carbon Flash Top, Nacelles, mirror & spoiler. 3LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Red/Black... Z51 ... Standard wheels, Mag Ride and Front Lift :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      WW

many people so love their corvettes they save them.

Mark trust me whenI tell you these cars are made to be used in all kinds of climate...

dont worry about the michlin P4S tires...they are perfectly fine to be used in cold weather. People are mixing up the P4S with the cup 2 tires of the c7 GS and z06 z07 package.

im driving around and the driver capability of these P4S tires are fine. Any stuff that rolls up on the bottom of the chassis washes off easy...

decide how you want to live your life. Just drive the car...harlan charles drives his corvettes in the winter and so have I for the past 2 decades. Quarter of a million corvette miles...every corvette sold to the forst person who looked at them. I take excellent care of my possessions...yet I enjoy them as they were keant to be used.

for kicks I inspected my last corvette on the lift with Paul Koerner before I sold the car and the underside was fine...143k miles as my daily driver in NY /NJ...

the people were climbing over themselves to buy my minty fresh 143k mile c6 z51 manual. First guy that came couldnt give me the momey fast enough...seriously...so tell me why not use these cars as cars?

there literally is no reason what so ever to park your vette for the winter...

for me? I dont drive the day of the storm...and if I happen to be out and I read and hear and see a big storm coming as I start to see the snow coming down hard...I head home.... We got 2 feet last week...((Sunday, momday amd tuesday) i stayed in as it was a declared state emergency so everyone stayed in. the next day once it stopped they plowed the two feet...i was out in my corvette...easy pizzy...

mark..you go back and forth on this subject...break free of the constraints that you think this corvette wasnt built to take weather...etc..and just enjoy yourself..

what is this a 70 or 80 grand sports car?

when you go to sell it....and you will..nobody is going to know or even care it travelled in winter weather.

say that out loud and listen to how silly ot sounds...

its a car....made by general motors to be used year round...

its not some flighty mclaren or aston martin that might have never been tested like GM s 300k mile validation testing..

gM beats the **** out of their test fleet before putting them in the factory to be built...

lifes short .....when the partys over...its over...

nobody is going to care that your corvette didnt or did drive in the winter time.

JMO

I hear ya JB :-) Because of you, I'm driving the car in the winter:-) I was followed down a country road by the law yesterday for about 10 miles. I said to myself, that dang JB is going to get me pulled over! I think he was enjoying running the country roads & hills with me at 55mph.
                      Thanks for the input JB :-)

Comment

I hear ya JB :-) Because of you, I'm driving the car in the winter:-) I was followed down a country road by the law yesterday for about 10 miles. I said to myself, that dang JB is going to get me pulled over! I think he was enjoying running the country roads & hills with me at 55mph.
                        Thanks for the input JB :-)
                        I had a Cop pull up next to me once and asked "How Fast does it Go"?

I said; "Not 1 mile over the limit" ... he started Cracking Up

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

I had a Cop pull up next to me once and asked "How Fast does it Go"?

I said; "Not 1 mile over the limit" ... he started Cracking Up
                          That's hilarious! I will use that one!

Yeah, I had the law on my tail:-) After 10 minutes behind me, going through some fast corners, I came upon an older Honda Odyssey going 31 in a 55 zone. After briefly following the van we crested a hill and I saw a passing zone approach... with the law on me. I mashed the gas and flew by making it back in the lane before the passing zone ended. So off I went and didn't see see the trooper/police again. I returned home on the same route, slower route, but I avoided the highway and enjoyed some twisties. I was hoping the law would get back on my tail and we could cruse back through the hills together:-)
                          My wife thought I was crazy... she said she would have been terrified having the law on her that long. I used the cruise control to keep me in check so I wasn't worried. I had just put our new plate on that morning so I knew I was good!

Comment

Solution, Live in Florida.....

Comment

So we have 1500 miles on our C8. Wow, what a car. I long to drive the car... anywhere! During the last 5 days I learned a few things about driving in the winter. We have summer tires on it and I've driven in the 20s without issue. I've had no issues with traction but I'm not trying to pull a G in a corner or anything. Just out enjoying the car. But I recommend you follow manufacturers guidance on PS4s.

But, here are the real issues I found driving a C8 in the winter (these should not surprise you):
                              I drove from Cincinnati to TN on I75 South last Friday.
                              1) Some potholes were huge. I hit one big one on the way to TN and my wife hit one on the way back. I kinda treated potholes like land mines trying to avoid them. I was able to avoid LOTS of them but hit one. You should increase distance between you and the vehicle in front of you so you can scan the road. What damage can potholes do? Just wheel damage?
                              2) Snow and ice falling off vehicles can come at you like someone pouring a bucket of bolts off a truck. You have to have mega space between you and the vehicle in front of you. Radiator grills and PPF not such a bad idea:-)
                              3) Your car will be filthy after driving around melting snow and salt runoff. Duh... who cares though... Even though the car was dirty, it still has a crazy effect on people! People asking about it, car loads of people recording it on the highway. CRAZY.

Anyway, potholes and chunks of snow/ice flying around are good reasons not to drive your C8 in the winter (or any car I guess LOL). But... my wife drove by herself on the way home (we took several cars) and she just LOVED driving the C8. She could have driven 10 hours that day I think.
                              I'm glad we have the stock wheels on it!

Comment

Where are all the Corvettes?

Why, in Pahrump of course!

Name:	IMG_8395.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	244240
                                HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
                                Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300:10/20/20; 3400:11/2/20; 3800: 11/16/20; 4150: 11/17/20; 5000: 11/19/20; 6000: 11/25.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X