Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Where Are All The Corvettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phil Haqrrison View Post
    You could move to California
    Cheaper to eat the extra car depreciation from winter use than move to CA.

I don't park it, but I drive it less in the winter for 3 reasons. (1) rarely can have the top off; (2) reduced tire grip in the cold; and (3) snow/salt. I'm not completely afraid of salt, but I'll wait until it is mostly gone. Ideally, after there has been a decent rain to wash it off the road.
    2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by phil Haqrrison View Post
      You could move to California
      A fate worse than death!😏

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post

The salt seems to be a BIG worry.
        So is the salt going to be BAD for the rest of the car? Other than the wheels?
        Yes...both salt and the brine spray are very hard on everything above and below the car, not to mention everything else!! IMO, learning how to drive no longer seems to be an option for many folks.
        Last edited by George; 02-06-2021, 09:15 AM.
        '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
        '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
        '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
        '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
        '14 Black Z51 Coupe
        '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
        '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Originally posted by hogyld View Post
          Here’s 1 reason, but I have many more and they ALL look like this one.
          I live in the sunny confines of Click image for larger version  Name:	ED74B9B8-CC05-40AA-98CA-20B22DCF8D55.jpeg Views:	157 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	237846
          Buffalo, NY where we all have a saying...”if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it’ll change”
          Nice home and save that picture for your next Christmas card. We drive our C8 all year round in Canton Ga just 30 miles north of Atlanta. The number reason we won’t is RAIN.
          Last edited by MikeC8; 02-06-2021, 09:41 AM.
          Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

I have never driven any of my performance cars in the winter for several reasons:

1. I don't want to drive a performance car with all-season tires, period

2. adhesion is obviously terrible on cold tarmac, so all of the great twisties I ride on would have to be driven with great care between December and April.

3. I have had my C5 Z06 for 16 years and it has rarely been in a parking lot amongst other cars. I drive performance cars out and about, sure, but they are hardly ever in the general population with other cars like at a grocery store, for example. Even parking way out away from others doesn't guarantee you aren't going to get a basket rolled into the car. I will typically put ~8000 or so miles per year on my Z06( and those are 8000 miles as it SHOULD be driven!), so it's not a garage queen, but I am very particular.

4. In the case of the C8, well, it's an $80k car, and, once I get it, I really don't want to get road salt on it, under it, etc. I am fortunate enough to have several vehicles-we have a perfectly fine pickup truck to use for winter duty, and my wife's primary car is a Mini Cooper JCW Countryman 4wd with a 6-speed manual (chipped with an aftermarket turbo, 280hp, coil-over springs, etc.), so I can still have a little fun in the winter time.

5. The pothole population in central Ohio grows exponentially between December and March. In April they start patching them

My Z06 has only been rained on 1 time in 16 years. I don't even know if the wiper motor still works ........

Hey, I have NO issue with anyone who wants/needs to daily drive their C8. Heck if they live in the Great White North and want to put chains on the tires and run it in the snow (tongue in cheek), totally their business. The OP asked for reasons and these are mine, however shallow, vain, and without merit they may be
            2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
            Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=6/7/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
            2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
            2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

Originally posted by hogyld View Post
              Here’s 1 reason, but I have many more and they ALL look like this one.
              I live in the sunny confines of Click image for larger version

Name:	ED74B9B8-CC05-40AA-98CA-20B22DCF8D55.jpeg
Views:	660
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	237846
              Buffalo, NY where we all have a saying...”if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it’ll change”
              Looks like the results of the dreaded Lake Effect snow, Hogyld! We get the same here in NE Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06_Pilot View Post
                I have never driven any of my performance cars in the winter for several reasons:

2. adhesion is obviously terrible on cold tarmac, so all of the great twisties I ride on would have to be driven with great care between December and April.

3. I have had my C5 Z06 for 16 years and it has rarely been in a parking lot amongst other cars. I drive performance cars out and about, sure, but they are hardly ever in the general population with other cars like at a grocery store, for example. Even parking way out away from others doesn't guarantee you aren't going to get a basket rolled into the car. I will typically put ~8000 or so miles per year on my Z06( and those are 8000 miles as it SHOULD be driven!), so it's not a garage queen, but I am very particular.

4. In the case of the C8, well, it's an $80k car, and, once I get it, I really don't want to get road salt on it, under it, etc. I am fortunate enough to have several vehicles-we have a perfectly fine pickup truck to use for winter duty, and my wife's primary car is a Mini Cooper JCW Countryman 4wd with a 6-speed manual (chipped with an aftermarket turbo, 280hp, coil-over springs, etc.), so I can still have a little fun in the winter time.

5. The pothole population in central Ohio grows exponentially between December and March. In April they start patching them

My Z06 has only been rained on 1 time in 16 years. I don't even know if the wiper motor still works ........

Hey, I have NO issue with anyone who wants/needs to daily drive their C8. Heck if they live in the Great White North and want to put chains on the tires and run it in the snow (tongue in cheek), totally their business. The OP asked for reasons and these are mine, however shallow, vain, and without merit they may be
                Thanks for the input, the potholes are something I forgot about!
                2021 Torch Red HTC with Carbon Flash Top, Nacelles, mirror & spoiler. 3LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Red/Black... Z51 ... Standard wheels, Mag Ride and Front Lift :-)
                STEK DYNOshield PPF, Llumar CTX 80% windshield 35% windows.
                NCM Delivered Jan 21 10am.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06_Pilot View Post

I understand, I have a 2010 Camaro ss that's never seen water,I have never washed it,Im hoping with the C8 I can stop that craziness,Im planning on driving it in the rain.In fact once I get it the first rainy day there is its going out.I don't have enough nice days where I live to put 8000 miles on it a year.

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post

The reason I went with 1LT was because of the all-season tires and not having to worry about below freezing temps, etc. I drive it any time I want.
                    Just for clarification, it's not the trim level (1LT, 2LT, 3LT that determines whether you have alll-season tires. Z-51 in any trim level has summer tires, non Z51 in any trim level has all season tires.
                    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post

I understand, I have a 2010 Camaro ss that's never seen water,I have never washed it,Im hoping with the C8 I can stop that craziness,Im planning on driving it in the rain.In fact once I get it the first rainy day there is its going out.I don't have enough nice days where I live to put 8000 miles on it a year.
                      AH, I understand. I am lucky enough to leave reasonably close to The Dragon area. I go there 3 times per year, during the week only (no weekends). I stay for 4 full days and can easily put 1k miles on the car each trip (not including the mileage driving there and back!). From Rochester, that's a little far....

I like the comment, "first rainy day and it's going out"......I like that hell-or-high-water attitude :-)

enjoy.
                      2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
                      Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=6/7/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
                      2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
                      2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

Interesting reading I must admit.

As an aside: I remember when I had my first Harley (1983 Roadster 1000 CC). I was like 22 years old and It was the only vehicle I had at the time over one of our WNY winters. I would ride my bike on the thruways about 40 miles one way in the wintertime, on snowy (not ice) covered roads. Talk about dicey. I’d get to work, take a hot shower in the shop shower, work my 12 hour shift, then go home. Scariest commute for me ever. I was both stupid and crazy then. Now, I’m just one of those two, but I swear, on some days, I don’t know which one of the two 🤪
                        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOnEarth View Post

Oh, so cheaper insurance too. Nice.
                          I can see that much snow causing me to park it.
                          I guess the newness is telling me to drive, drive, drive. I think that must be a lot of why I don't want to park it... it's new and it blows peoples heads off when I go anywhere!
                          I drive mine year round here in New England. I just don't drive it with salt and in a snow storm. Here in Ma we usually get some rain in winter as well. It washes any residue salt away. I just parked it after we got 2 feet of snow last week. More snow tomorrow but rain during the week. Good to go then. I've ben known to drop my top when it's around 40 degrees. I'm getting too old to not enjoy driving my Vette whenever I can.

Comment

Beautiful sunny day where I am today so took her out for a spin before the snow storm tomorrow. I have the summer tires on the car so naturally you have to drive accordingly since the tires never get warm only show at the most cool. So the tires do go from showing cold to cool and warm us some in colder ambient temps. I went mostly on interstates, and do to the speed of the cars, there was little or no salt on the roadway. I will not take her out when the road crews are putting down the liquid deicer on the roadway for up coming snow storms. Had none of that stuff today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beautiful Sunny Day Drive 2-6-21 (3).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	887.5 KB
ID:	238218
                            Never made 2020 Corvette Order Past 1100 status.

Ordered 2021 Stingray Coupe, 2 LT, GPH Red Mist Tintcoat Metallic, HU6 Trim Suede, Sky Cool Gray Seats, Z51, FE4, TU7 Two Tone Seats, E60 Front Lift, GT2 Seats, ZYC Carbon Flash Painted Outside Mirrors and Spoiler, R8C Corvette Museum Delivery

Museum Delivery: January 28, 2021

Lifetime Member National Corvette Museum

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Fox View Post

I drive mine year round here in New England. I just don't drive it with salt and in a snow storm. Here in Ma we usually get some rain in winter as well. It washes any residue salt away. I just parked it after we got 2 feet of snow last week. More snow tomorrow but rain during the week. Good to go then. I've ben known to drop my top when it's around 40 degrees. I'm getting too old to not enjoy driving my Vette whenever I can.
                              We went out today, left and it was 32 degrees & dry roads. Got back 5 hours later and it was 38... but we saw some 40s! I should have dropped the top!

2021 Torch Red HTC with Carbon Flash Top, Nacelles, mirror & spoiler. 3LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Red/Black... Z51 ... Standard wheels, Mag Ride and Front Lift :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 71 Vette View Post
                                Beautiful sunny day where I am today so took her out for a spin before the snow storm tomorrow. I have the summer tires on the car so naturally you have to drive accordingly since the tires never get warm only show at the most cool. So the tires do go from showing cold to cool and warm us some in colder ambient temps. I went mostly on interstates, and do to the speed of the cars, there was little or no salt on the roadway. I will not take her out when the road crews are putting down the liquid deicer on the roadway for up coming snow storms. Had none of that stuff today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beautiful Sunny Day Drive 2-6-21 (3).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	887.5 KB
ID:	238218
                                Same here! 175 miles and we now have over 500 miles on the car! Yeah us:-)

We can drive ours Monday and then it goes to hell in a handbasket. COLD and snowy for a while.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X