ACS now offers C7-Style Wickers for C8 Z51 Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACS now offers C7-Style Wickers for C8 Z51 Cars

Seems like a great option for those who want a more aggressive look but are not fans of the High-Wing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6E9DFE45-552D-481D-9498-CCB2FC5FA781.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	237220
    Last edited by SnakeSlayer; 02-04-2021, 09:10 AM.

I have to admit this looks really good and if I wasn't after the high wing this would be my choice. ACS does great work, I had a lot of their items on my 2012 Camaro.
    My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	741FA8D5-F3A4-4654-8E19-84FAE31EB524.jpeg
Views:	688
Size:	547.4 KB
ID:	237214 Click image for larger version

Name:	B1A03430-C6D4-4692-84CB-EF06922CEDCB.jpeg
Views:	692
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	237215

https://acscomposite.com/products/c8-z51-wickers

$449 !
      Attached Files
      Current: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red

Previous: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6, 2014 C7 Z51

Comment

This is a great option and having had ACS components on my C7, their quality is always outstanding. I love its look.

Really well done ACS!
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Just purchased... thanks for the heads up. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I need to get rid of my high wing...

Comment

It looks nice and provides a different look, but the Downforce I could care less about.
            [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
            [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Ordered and already shipped. Now, if ACS could just get the pucks and mud flaps I ordered weeks ago back in stock and shipped. Hopefully, they’ll show up before the car.
              LT2, Red Mist, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels/Mirrors/Spoiler, Red Calipers, Two Tone Adrenaline Red/Black Seats, Museum Delivery

Comment

How much down force is added?
                Will it reduce turning traction if force is only added to the backend (maybe not a problem if keeping brake on very lightly to keep weight forward)?

I have wondered about the 5VM front splitter adding more front down force without a change in the rear down force, would these wickers balance it out?

Or to paraphrase, would someone with more understanding down force comment on if these wickers (or 5VM) could mess up the balance the Z51 has from the factory?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
                  It looks nice and provides a different look, but the Downforce I could care less about.
                  You could?

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post

You could?
                    I still don't have a C8 ... therefore Downforce hasn't made my priority list of wants
                    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

I still don't have a C8 ... therefore Downforce hasn't made my priority list of wants
                      Just joking with you. You misquoted the saying from "couldn't care less" to "could", which changes everything, lol!😉

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post

Just joking with you. You misquoted the saying from "couldn't care less" to "could", which changes everything, lol!😉
                        Fat Fingers, Small iPad ... Engineers Spelling ... usually the editor or the compiler fixes it

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Does look good; integrated styling.

I’m interested to hear from drivers/owners as to its function; any performance changes/benefits.

Comment

I just hate the thought of drilling holes in fiberglass

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Love watching flawless installations like that! Gives me confidence in their engineering/development of parts.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X