Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Long-term experience with DIY coloring of stitching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-term experience with DIY coloring of stitching?

For those of that have used the fabric dye pens to color your stitching, I’m curious as to the longevity of this method before it needs to be redone. It would be great to hear from those that have a few years of experience with this on a prior vehicle to understand how long one can expect this method to last. I tend to detail my interior on average twice/month and have the top down more often than not. I’m contemplating upgrade to 3LT just to get red stitching, but would gladly save the $3k if this method would last a reasonable amount of time.
    Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
    2000 status 2/13/2021
    3000 status 2/17/2021

Might want to go ask in the C6 & C7 section since they have had time to evaluate how long the dye lasts. I’m curious what kind of response you get. I too would like red stitching but not at the 3LT price.

Comment

Applied dye to floor mats and rear mat in 2014 C7 traded it on the C8 no noticeable degradation in color(blue Sharpe fabric dye pen) .
      didn’t color any dash or seat stitching. Did the Loyd’s mats for the C8 and colored the “Stingray” script blue. ELBw HTO..
      2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
      6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
      2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
      2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Where exactly are we talking about?

The Corvette builder shows red stitching on the dash, doors, steering wheel, and console lid with the car I built out as a 2LT. Is that wrong?

Comment

The red interior comes with red stitching, but if you were to get a black one it comes with a light gray (almost toward white).
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Vette Interested View Post
            Might want to go ask in the C6 & C7 section since they have had time to evaluate how long the dye lasts. I’m curious what kind of response you get. I too would like red stitching but not at the 3LT price.
            You can get red stitching without 3LT. I just did it. I selected red/black interior and it had red stitching (no red stitching option under Interior needed).
            2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

IG: OneHotC8
            YouTube:One Hot C8

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post
              Where exactly are we talking about? The Corvette builder shows red stitching on the dash, doors, steering wheel, and console lid with the car I built out as a 2LT. Is that wrong?
              Dying my Stitching Orange - MidEngineCorvetteForum.com
              2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18/21. Status 3300 on 4/1/2021. TPW 4/19.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post
                Where exactly are we talking about?

The Corvette builder shows red stitching on the dash, doors, steering wheel, and console lid with the car I built out as a 2LT. Is that wrong?
                Nope! You are right.

This is not a cheap car, it's the car of this century, the car of the year, and top 10 best. I would never use a dye pen on a C8 personally. It's your car though.
                2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

Comment

Originally posted by OneHotC8 View Post

You can get red stitching without 3LT. I just did it. I selected red/black interior and it had red stitching (no red stitching option under Interior needed).
                  Thanks! I just figured that out on the visualizer about two minutes ago. Do you think that combination goes with Red Mist? The reds will not clash?

Comment

Thanks! I just figured that out on the visualizer about two minutes ago. Do you think that combination goes with Red Mist? The reds will not clash?
                    Sorry if this is off topic.

Comment

Eye of the beholder. Some love the two reds; others feel they clash and are glad they did not get Red Mist with Adrenaline Red interior. Your taste is personal of course...

GM feels the bright red tread stitching does not clash with the Morello interior. But they want you to pay $590 as a disincentive for the D30 option called “Color Override” if you are getting Adrenaline Red interior with the Red Mist exterior.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I saw a red mist 3LT car with a black interior and red stitching. I thought it looked great. In fact, that is likely the interior I'll choose unless I decide against the extra expense of a 3LT. As far as the Adrenaline Red seats, or Adrenaline Red and Black seats... I can't do it. But, I'm really conservative (black interior after all...). My OCD would start bothering me over time. Ha.
                        2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18/21. Status 3300 on 4/1/2021. TPW 4/19.

Comment

I’m getting Sebring Orange with a black interior and thought that Orange stitching would look pretty nice on the black. I’m not bold enough to get it done however..

Comment

Originally posted by Metfish View Post
                            I’m getting Sebring Orange with a black interior and thought that Orange stitching would look pretty nice on the black. I’m not bold enough to get it done however..
                            I would just hate to do all that work and then have to do it again every couple of years because it fades or leather products I apply causes issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Metfish View Post
                              Where can you get orange stitching? That's an option?

If they offered an orange and black interior I would have got that!!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X