Clear All

• Stingray R Package Shown on a 2021 Corvette at Daytona

Click image for larger version

Name:	013021_7.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	235544

Cross-posted from CorvetteBlogger.com

As a major sponsor of Daytona International Speedway, Chevrolet has the opportunity to display vehicles throughout the facility that includes one of five main entrances called injectors. At the Chevrolet Injector, a 2021 Corvette Stingray greeted fans for today’s Rolex 24 at Daytona and our friend Travis Raczynski sent us these great photos to check out.

As you can see, the Stingray is tricked out with the optional High Wing and the 5VM Visible Carbon Fiber aero kit. It’s also featuring the Corvette Racing themed graphics package which adds the Jake Center Hood Stripe and the Stingray R graphics. In this case, the Stingray R graphics are shown on the rear of the 5VM’s side rocker panels. On a Corvette without the rockers, they would be affixed to the body in the same location.

Name:	013021_8b.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	235545

The graphics package shown here is different than what we’ve seen previously on the Road America Pace Car which had a C8 silhouette on the rockers and the Stingray R graphic on the left front splitter.

We definitely like the hood graphic with Corvette Racing’s Jake mascot front and center. Corvette Racing fans who opt for the $495 package will appreciate not only the look of the Jake stripe but also the bonus of the two side graphics.

Thanks again to Travis for the pics! Let us know your thoughts on the Corvette Racing Themed Graphics Package in the comments below.

Name:	013021_9b.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	235546

Name:	013021_10b.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	235547

Name:	013021_11b.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	235548
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Thanks CorvetteBlogger. The option package has changed its name from before, now officially known as the Corvette Racing Package.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Not something I would likely do, but it's tastefully done. For those who like graphics, this is a nice option to have.
      Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

We are already producing the STINGRAY R Aero pClick image for larger version

Name:	5VM Exposed Carbon Installed - Copy.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	235638arts.Click image for larger version

Name:	5VM Exposed Carbon Stingray 1 - Copy.jpg
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	235637

Name:	C8 Carbon Flash 5W8 Splitter.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	235635
        Attached Files

Comment

To anyone on this post: The original post from CorvetteBlogger in that article mentions an "optional High Wing". I do NOT see an optional High Wing on the current Corvette build site or the latest "Exterior" detailed list with all the RPO codes on the GM site for the 2021 Corvette dated Feb. 12, 2021 (I can't remember the exact source for this but I printed it out recently and is available through some GM website). The Corvette visualizer DOES show the High Wing available for the 2021 year (in body color or carbon flash). So, is the High Wing available for the 2021 C8?

Comment

Some dealers have some in inventory. They are treated as parts inventory at the dealership I am buying from. He had “a couple” in inventory but not sure when he would get another shipment.
            Rick, Charlotte, NC
            Current: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Next: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels, PPF and ceramic, lowering kit, window tint. Status 3000 with Feb allocation

Comment

Originally posted by azgolfer View Post
              To anyone on this post: The original post from CorvetteBlogger in that article mentions an "optional High Wing". I do NOT see an optional High Wing on the current Corvette build site or the latest "Exterior" detailed list with all the RPO codes on the GM site for the 2021 Corvette dated Feb. 12, 2021 (I can't remember the exact source for this but I printed it out recently and is available through some GM website). The Corvette visualizer DOES show the High Wing available for the 2021 year (in body color or carbon flash). So, is the High Wing available for the 2021 C8?
              The wing isn't listed on the official constraint reports: https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ruary-15-2021/

But not being available on the Build and Price tool would seem to indicate it's not currently available.
              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by American Hydrocarbon View Post
                We are already producing the STINGRAY R Aero pClick image for larger version

Name:	5VM Exposed Carbon Installed - Copy.jpg
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	235638arts.Click image for larger version

Name:	5VM Exposed Carbon Stingray 1 - Copy.jpg
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	235637

Name:	C8 Carbon Flash 5W8 Splitter.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	235635
                Can you get it without the "Stingray R "on it?

Comment

Originally posted by 5632 View Post

Can you get it without the "Stingray R "on it?
                  Yes, you can order it like that.
                  Here is the link to the catalog.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X