Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Six C8s Sitting Out in the Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by netsinah View Post
    I think we start a new interest group: "People for the Ethical Treatment of C8's" or PETC8 for short...

Then we write a strongly worded letter of protest about how poorly these vehicles are being treated and demand they find their way into a safe, dry and warm and much more welcoming environment, which is ONLY WHAT THEIR RIGHTS DEMAND and as Corvette C8's THEY TOTALLY DESERVE!

Then if that doesn't have the desired effect w/i 24 hours (max.) we organize a picket line complete with signs and distribute "POWER TO C8's" buttons to any deserving soul who stops by to ask WTH (aka "what the heck": this Forum has rules) we're doing outside in the snow with our strange signs.

And finally, if that doesn't work for some unfathomable reason, as a last-ditch effort we organize a clandestine after-hours op complete with camo wear and night vision goggles, to spirit them all away into cargo containers destined for a warmer climate elsewhere across the ocean, where they can FINALLY bask in the sun and get the treatment they so richly deserve and NEVER be subjected to this type of harsh treatment/weather...again!

Who's in? If you're one of the enlightened ones, send me a PM to add your name to what will no doubt be a growing list of thousands.

POWER TO PETC8! 😎
    Still snowing here and have maybe 2" on the ground. The town sander just mad a pass through so I'm goo to go for a little sleigh ride. Life is short so enjoy the ride. C8 snow angels

Comment

Originally posted by garyfields1953 View Post

I drove my car home from Bowling Green. We drove through snow in Tennessee, Arkansas and Texas. This car handles great in the snow even with the "race" tires, and in Weather Mode. Three nights in heavy snow with zero issues.
      what was the temps? I'll be driving home in dry weather, but below freezing temps on the Z51 tires.
      2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post

what was the temps? I'll be driving home in dry weather, but below freezing temps on the Z51 tires.
        Slightly below freezing. The tire indicator on the dash said they were cold. They still worked well. I drove at or a bit above the posted speed (70-80) with no issues. It did wiggle once changing lanes and crossing the snow line.

Comment

The problem with driving on summer tires in cold weather is that while everything may seem "fine," when you have to make a sudden evasive maneuver, or slam on the brakes, you find out just how much traction you don't have.
          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            The problem with driving on summer tires in cold weather is that while everything may seem "fine," when you have to make a sudden evasive maneuver, or slam on the brakes, you find out just how much traction you don't have.
            I'll be using grandma mode on the way home from MacMulkin. I found hotels with underground parking so when I start in the morning, hopefully the tires will be above freezing.
            2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Marc NY View Post
              Very few Corvette owners will even attempt to drive in the winter around here ... only if the weather breaks and the roads are clean and free of salt.
              Every nice sports car in Buffalo disappears from November to April. This is the way.
              GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post

Every nice sports car in Buffalo disappears from November to April. This is the way.
                We got about 3 " of snow yesterday here in the Hudson Valley NY. Used the snowblower this morning and all of the local plows have cleaned and sanded the roads. I'll be heading out this afternoon for a few odds and ends and then a country drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream View Post

Same here in Rochester,I think in my life time Ive seen one corvette in the snow.We just had news story that a 2021 Camaro lost control on a snow covered road hit a pole then a business.The driver ws a young girl that was driving a dealer owned car

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post

Same here in Rochester, I think in my life time I've seen one corvette in the snow. We just had news story that a 2021 Camaro lost control on a snow covered road hit a pole then a business.The driver was a young girl that was driving a dealer owned car
                    I have seen maybe one or two Corvettes on the WNY wintery roads over the years. BTW: I certainly do hope that the young girl is OK ... you can replace a vehicle.
                    Marc

Comment

she was taken to the Hostipal complaining of neck and back pain but as far as I know she should be fine

Comment

In the Buffalo, NY area, it’s commonplace to see cars such as the Ford Mustang, and Chevy Camaro driving in the wintertime. But a Corvette? much less a C8? I’ve never seen a Corvette driving in our WNY Winters and I for one, personally speaking, would never drive mine in it either.
                        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
                          All I can say, regardless of people's own personal experiences, that it is very foolish to drive any car with summer tires in the snow, ice, or even temperatures under 40 degrees...especially a car like the Corvette.
                          Agree with snow and ice but temps under 40 are no problem.

Confirmed with the instructor at Spring Mountain.

I'm not saying there's not some traction drop but I've been driving in the mid to low 30s here and it's no issue even at a spirited pace. Full disclosure: let your tires warm up first!

Comment

May not be an issue for a Spring Mountain instructor or on a race track with huge runoffs. However too many C7’s and C8’s have been wrecked, some were confirmed due to low temperatures and not sufficient traction with Z51 tires.

We have tons of “this is my first Corvette” C8 members here and I do not want them to get the idea that they can be driving around safely when they might not be.

As you noted, there is traction drop at lower temps.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X