Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Six C8s Sitting Out in the Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six C8s Sitting Out in the Snow

I needed to stop by the Tonawanda Engine Plant to see someone today. While I was driving to the plant I was driving in what will be our first real snow storm of the new year. As I was looking out towards the river and I couldn't believe my eyes... there sat 6 lonely C8s along side the guardrail entrance way in what appears to be PEP (Product Evaluation Program) vehicles ready to be driven by upper management.

Certainly not the best time of the year to start
    driving a Corvette. 🤥

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8s Tonawanda Plant 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	796.1 KB ID:	233664
    Last edited by Marc NY; 01-26-2021, 11:13 AM. Reason: Edit
    Marc

are some of them camo'd ? looks like it but the photo plays tricks when you enlarge with the snow flying.
    Brian Huber
    Previous Corvettes
    2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
    2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

As least they were huddling together for warmth... Thanks Marc
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
        are some of them camo'd ? looks like it but the photo plays tricks when you enlarge with the snow flying.
        Yes, it is hard to really see the C8s when enlarged. There is no camo C8s there. Unfortunately the snow flakes interfere with the quality as does the lower resolution image.
        Marc

Comment

Looks like at least 4 of those are Z-51s. Hope they have snow tires, or at least A/S tires, on them.
          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            Looks like at least 4 of those are Z-51s. Hope they have snow tires, or at least A/S tires, on them.
            I drove my car home from Bowling Green. We drove through snow in Tennessee, Arkansas and Texas. This car handles great in the snow even with the "race" tires, and in Weather Mode. Three nights in heavy snow with zero issues.

Comment

It's a test to make sure that they don't melt and can be driven all year round. Had to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
                It's a test to make sure that they don't melt and can be driven all year round. Had to say it.
                Its a TEST to see how well they will survive in the Buffalo Winters. LOLOL

I just got a photo from another friend who was leaving work from day shift.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                ❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tonawada C8s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	269.2 KB ID:	233758
                Last edited by Marc NY; 01-26-2021, 02:52 PM. Reason: edit
                Marc

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
                  I am wondering what the distribution is geographically of those that drive their C8s year round. With an overnight low tonight of -30 F and four feet on snow on the ground I park mine.

I don't have the courage to drive in these Winter conditions.

I am about 900 miles North of Minneapolis.

Comment

Very few Corvette owners will even attempt to drive in the winter around here ... only if the weather breaks and the roads are clean and free of salt.

*UPDATE: I have heard that a few of the C8s (perhaps all of them) will be going to local dealerships.
                    Last edited by Marc NY; 01-26-2021, 03:07 PM.
                    Marc

Comment

More images are coming in ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tonawada C8s1.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	233771

Name:	Tonawada C8s2.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	233772

Name:	Tonawada C8s3.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	233773
                      Marc

Comment

All I can say, regardless of people's own personal experiences, that it is very foolish to drive any car with summer tires in the snow, ice, or even temperatures under 40 degrees...especially a car like the Corvette.

Comment

I think we start a new interest group: "People for the Ethical Treatment of C8's" or PETC8 for short...

Then we write a strongly worded letter of protest about how poorly these vehicles are being treated and demand they find their way into a safe, dry and warm and much more welcoming environment, which is ONLY WHAT THEIR RIGHTS DEMAND and as Corvette C8's THEY TOTALLY DESERVE!

Then if that doesn't have the desired effect w/i 24 hours (max.) we organize a picket line complete with signs and distribute "POWER TO C8's" buttons to any deserving soul who stops by to ask WTH (aka "what the heck": this Forum has rules) we're doing outside in the snow with our strange signs.

And finally, if that doesn't work for some unfathomable reason, as a last-ditch effort we organize a clandestine after-hours op complete with camo wear and night vision goggles, to spirit them all away into cargo containers destined for a warmer climate elsewhere across the ocean, where they can FINALLY bask in the sun and get the treatment they so richly deserve and NEVER be subjected to this type of harsh treatment/weather...again!

Who's in? If you're one of the enlightened ones, send me a PM to add your name to what will no doubt be a growing list of thousands.

POWER TO PETC8! 😎
                          Last edited by netsinah; 01-26-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

at least we know the engines have gone through extreme cold temperature testing

Comment

Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post

I am wondering what the distribution is geographically of those that drive their C8s year round. With an overnight low tonight of -30 F and four feet on snow on the ground I park mine.

I don't have the courage to drive in these Winter conditions.

I am about 900 miles North of Minneapolis.
                              I'm just outside of New York City in New Jersey and I will drive mine year-round. I have a Camaro 2SS with summer tires that I drive year-round, but it typically stays in the garage with snow. I have driven it in very cold conditions with no issues, though - outside of the small traction issues in 1st and 2nd, and sometimes 3rd gear.
                              '21 Convertible; 2LT, GPH, HTA, Z51, D84, ZYC, FE4, J6A, Q8T, STI, 3F9, R8C
                              Deposit Down: July 22nd, 2019 - 1000
                              GM Accepted: Jan 23rd, 2021 - 2000
                              Accepted by Production Control: Jan 26th, 2021 - 3000
                              Sequenced for Production: April 1, 2021 - 3300
                              Broadcast: April 12, 2021 - 3400
                              TPW: 4/19 - Tentative Production Day: April 20th
                              Tentative Museum Delivery - May 6th - 7:45 am CT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X