Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

Z06 Reveal This July?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
    Can the engine cover be removed and still run the car without issues? I would think that it's only reason for being there is to keep the heat/dirt off of the HT when retracted.
    I guess the question becomes "Is the heat shield necessary to protect the tonneau, even if the top is up?" I have no idea. But I'm not sure why you would really need / want to remove it for a track day anyway. You can still check / add oil and coolant even with the heatshield in place, and if you need to do more than that you're probably going to end up on a flatbed.
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Well... my car was running really bad @ an event and I needed to be able to get in there to see what was going on. If I had that cover on I wouldn't be able to see diddly.

But yes, I agree... is the tonneau adequately insulated to be able to handle the heat if that cover is not present.... that's the big question. I would also think that the cover acts a bit like a heat soak magnet compared to the coupe. Yes, I know they test the cars @ higher ambient temps and such but that's still a question I wonder.
      Brian Huber
      Previous Corvettes
      2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
      2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
        Well... my car was running really bad @ an event and I needed to be able to get in there to see what was going on. If I had that cover on I wouldn't be able to see diddly.

But yes, I agree... is the tonneau adequately insulated to be able to handle the heat if that cover is not present.... that's the big question. I would also think that the cover acts a bit like a heat soak magnet compared to the coupe. Yes, I know they test the cars @ higher ambient temps and such but that's still a question I wonder.
        There isn't much to see under there anyway. The coils / plugs / wires are all accessed from underneath, not on top. The air intake is about all you can get to from above.

At the HTC reveal, GM personnel said the engine compartment on the HTC was easier to keep cool than the coupe.
        Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

GM hates weight on its vehicles, especially its sports car. They hate to spend money on unneeded parts. If either the finned plastic piece attached to the motor or the flat heat shield were not needed, they would have happily done without one or both.

The flat heat shield is critical to protect the parts above it.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My two word response to Mr. Veiga's statement: Bad Intel. But he's certainly going to be famous for the next six months.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X