Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

The BEST money spent since my C8 Purchase — Spring Mountain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BEST money spent since my C8 Purchase — Spring Mountain!

Let me preface this by saying I’m not getting paid to promote Spring Mountain, nor do I care how many subscribers, likes, etc., I get on the video links below.

I did the C8 owners school last week (January 12th, 13th) and all I can say is WOW!! Not only do you get to experience the performance of this beautiful machine but the hospitality is above and beyond. Everyone from initial check in, to the instructors, to even the Chief Instructor, made this a very enjoyable experience.

We all know the car is fast. However, do you know how fast it can stop? The course is very well constructed to show the student both sides of the performance spectrum. I never would have known the true definition of the weather mode if I didn’t get to experience it for myself on the wet skid pad. And to be doing 60 MPH IN A TURN and activating the ABS (the instructor did this on the track during the ride along), well, let’s just say talking about it doesn’t do it justice.
    I don’t want to turn this into a blog so I’ll stop writing but seriously, folks, I encourage everyone to do the course.

Money well spent and hats off to the Spring Mountain team and facilities.

Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Originally posted by AllIn767 View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I’m not getting paid to promote Spring Mountain, nor do I care how many subscribers, likes, etc., I get on the video links below.

I did the C8 owners school last week (January 12th, 13th) and all I can say is WOW!! Not only do you get to experience the performance of this beautiful machine but the hospitality is above and beyond. Everyone from initial check in, to the instructors, to even the Chief Instructor, made this a very enjoyable experience.

We all know the car is fast. However, do you know how fast it can stop? The course is very well constructed to show the student both sides of the performance spectrum. I never would have known the true definition of the weather mode if I didn’t get to experience it for myself on the wet skid pad. And to be doing 60 MPH IN A TURN and activating the ABS (the instructor did this on the track during the ride along), well, let’s just say talking about it doesn’t do it justice.
    I don’t want to turn this into a blog so I’ll stop writing but seriously, folks, I encourage everyone to do the course.

Money well spent and hats off to the Spring Mountain team and facilities.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HzcD66qwU2I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wckGlYG4krQ
    Allln767, Thank you so much for the video's. I really enjoy seeing the race track and how you attack the corners. I have a question? How do they classify a driver and determine whether you are a novice, somewhat skilled, or an experienced racer? I am planning on attending and although I have been on a couple of race tracks I have not really pushed the car nor really took any classes. Would I be considered a novice or something else. I know probably something else! LOL
    Never made 2020 Corvette Order Past 1100 status.

Ordered 2021 Stingray Coupe, 2 LT, GPH Red Mist Tintcoat Metallic, HU6 Trim Suede, Sky Cool Gray Seats, Z51, FE4, TU7 Two Tone Seats, E60 Front Lift, GT2 Seats, ZYC Carbon Flash Painted Outside Mirrors and Spoiler, R8C Corvette Museum Delivery

Museum Delivery: January 28, 2021

Lifetime Member National Corvette Museum

Comment

Thank you Allln767 for your great post and videos. They took me back to my C8 experience there. You are so right in your evaluation that it is the best money spent other than buying the car.

Thanks again.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Nice video. So what is included in the $1,000? obviously the track stuff, but room? food? drinks?

Thanks

Comment

We jumped on the $700.00 special. But call them and see what they have as I’m not sure about the special anymore. We got two nights, breakfast lunch and dinner for the days in school...including my wife as a non driver/student. The food was a typical breakfast and the salmon I had for lunch on day two was excellent.

As far as grouping of students, we ran the track and excercises the first day then after that they assigned you various instructors. They also asked if anyone has been on a track before. I was a “No.” These instructors obviously know what they’re doing and group you accordingly.

Honestly, you shouldn’t be disappointed.

Oh, and there’s a social hour, too.
          Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

Originally posted by AllIn767 View Post
            We jumped on the $700.00 special. But call them and see what they have as I’m not sure about the special anymore. We got two nights, breakfast lunch and dinner for the days in school...including my wife as a non driver/student. The food was a typical breakfast and the salmon I had for lunch on day two was excellent.

As far as grouping of students, we ran the track and excercises the first day then after that they assigned you various instructors. They also asked if anyone has been on a track before. I was a “No.” These instructors obviously know what they’re doing and group you accordingly.

Honestly, you shouldn’t be disappointed.

Oh, and there’s a social hour, too.
            Allin767 - Thank you very much for your comments and appreciation. I along with great friends are getting to go next week and know we will enjoy and learn as much as you have. You said they include dinner. I did not know they did.

Comment

Nice videos and good driving Allln767. I watched to memorize the course as I'll be there next week 20-21st.

Anyone else from the Forum going to be there those dates?

Comment

Originally posted by 5632 View Post

Allin767 - Thank you very much for your comments and appreciation. I along with great friends are getting to go next week and know we will enjoy and learn as much as you have. You said they include dinner. I did not know they did.
                I paid for dinner. I was only saying that it was available. Sorry about the confusion.

If you get Tom as the schoolhouse instructor tell him hello. Others were Kai, JJ, Rick, the Chief Instructor, and wish I could remember the others but you’ll have a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post
                  Nice videos and good driving Allln767. I watched to memorize the course as I'll be there next week 20-21st.

Anyone else from the Forum going to be there those dates?
                  Thanks, but a heads up on the course. It could be different as they have others tracks as well.

Comment

This looks great and is something I'm certainly going to do. All that $1,000 seems very affordable and a great value!

Do you use your own car or theirs?

Comment

Their C8’s. It is a $3,500+ program that GM buys down to just $1,000 for the first owner of a new Corvette if that person gets to Spring Mountain within the first year of paying for the car (which is a little earlier for courtesy delivery and Museum Delivery cars than pick up day).
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

An excellent program. I went with my C7 and look forward to C8 return.
                        Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_161635.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	230313
                          Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post
                          This looks great and is something I'm certainly going to do. All that $1,000 seems very affordable and a great value!

Do you use your own car or theirs?
                          You will use their car and the value you will get is to see how this car can save you with all the safety features as well as ripping up the track.
                          Last edited by AllIn767; 01-18-2021, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I have 2,000,000 miles of road driving. Not one accident in over 50 years (other than someone rear ending me when stopped at a traffic light). I am a better driver on the street now as a result of attending Spring Mountain. Same comment made by Jeremy Welborn made after he first attended SM. They teach us not just track skills, but real world, daily-driving street skills.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              I have 2,000,000 miles of road driving. Not one accident in over 50 years (other than someone rear ending me when stopped at a traffic light). I am a better driver on the street now as a result of attending Spring Mountain. Same comment made by Jeremy Welborn made after he first attended SM. They teach us not just track skills, but real world, daily-driving street skills.
                              I am really glad to hear it's not all performance. We ( Wife and myself ) are too old for track, but anything We can learn to keep others and ourselves safe, Well, we're all for that.
                              Last edited by Buddy; 01-18-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X