C8 Waiting: For A Stingray Or A Z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Waiting: For A Stingray Or A Z06

I know there has been a thread of people saying the wait is worth it, but at this point waiting to see if my order ever goes through and possibly get a late model 2021 doesn't seem worth it. I have been waiting for over a year and at this point might as well keep waiting and just go with the Z06.

That is a very excellent question Taz et all. Good one to think over. But some thoughts should be in your consideration as you do so (not that we now know the answers to any of them).

*What if the Z06 is not until 2023 model year?

*What if GM decides to change their Corvette pricing pattern starting with the Z06 and includes in the “base version” only the best components (C-C brakes, CF wheels, etc) and thus price wise starts it more than many are thinking?

*Are your dealer’s priorities patterns such that with their allocation level you are sure you could get a first year 2022 Z06 (for I know of dealers who have already way over 100 on just their Z06 lists, and those lists are separate from, not integrated into one Corvette list)? Or the same question from another perspective, what if GM only makes for whatever reason just 10,000 Z06’s in its year one (and you can not get one based on your dealer’s policies and where you are on their list)?

Not trying to be a downer but we just do not know the answers to these questions (and probably more).
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

$94,995 to start would not surprise me. It being a killer car would not surprise me.

Comment

A lot of people thought the same about the 2020. I received mine late in the year and have already had some people ask if I was going to get the new 2021. LOL. It is strange having a 4 month old car that is already pegged as being over a year old as people know the 2021 models are out. It might sour some people's attitude but I absolutely love mine and it will be my daily driver for hopefully many years to come. I am on the ZO6 list and cannot wait for that as well.
        If I could offer any hint at all - if it is going to be your daily driver (Stingray) If it is going to be your occasional driver or track car (ZO6)
        Good luck in your decision. Either way it will be a good one.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

If you think you want a z06. Get on that list.

i think that makes sense at this point.

maybe get on both lists and before you commit financially maybe youll get more detailed information on the z06.

i liked my reservation exoerience with Mike Furman at criswell chevy in Maryland . Lots of guys from all over the country ordered with Mike.

Give him a call as he is a straight shooter. My purchase experience was excellent.

Comment

I've been debating the same. I waited 16mo for '20 but then something happened and I ended up selling it at delivery. So I now have an order for '21 but it would be late summer/early fall. Hoping GM makes announcements and pricing before I have to commit to a '21 order. It will not be a daily driver, just weekend. I'll be right here waiting with ya so hoping for good news in the spring

Comment

Hi guys - first post. Been lurking for a little while. I am on the list for a Z06. I was told that the waiting list for a "2022" Z06 is already high 500s and high 200s at the two top dealers. So there are many buyers that are already moving their orders to Z06s. Will it be a 2022? Will it be a 2023? Will we have a country by the time they come out? Will it be NA 600HP, 650HP, 675HP? Well, for a grand or two (refundable!) it's worth the risk. Hell, for that little, it might be worth it to order two. One to resell. Imagine if it turns out to rev to 8800 RPM, make 675HP, have a center exhaust, CF wheel option, and blow everything under $250,000 out of the water at Nürburgring? A third of all 2022 C8s could end up being Z06s and you STILL won't get your allotment until 2023. Just more time to mentally ruminate.

Comment

Welcome gdogus. You raise many good points. Ah, to cogitate our potential future C8’s. What fun that is!

Thanks for joining us.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I can't even imagine what markups the Z06 will get. Or how long the waiting line will be. So if you already are sure you want a Z06 you have to be clear that is could easily be 2023 before you recieve your car. I also thought about waiting for a Z06, but I guess a Stingray is already enough for what I need (and my budget 🤣)

Comment

Good points on all the above posts. I am pretty sure most people on the Z06 list are there just to flip it at delivery. I just saw a 2020 3lt being sold with 1500 miles for 109k. Its like hey pay me 1,000k for every 100 miles I drive haha

Comment

I may eventually get a Z06, but personally the wait just wasn't worth it with all the delays 2020s experienced. I hate waiting and the uncertainty drove me to put a deposit down last March. I should get my 2021 stingray at some point this year and I'm very happy with that. I will be daily driving the car when it's not snowing or raining. Though I still may eventually trade it in on a Z06, hopefully after any first year issues. The E Ray and ZR1 are also still on my radar as potential used options.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz19c View Post
                        I know there has been a thread of people saying the wait is worth it, but at this point waiting to see if my order ever goes through and possibly get a late model 2021 doesn't seem worth it. I have been waiting for over a year and at this point might as well keep waiting and just go with the Z06.
                        I'm with you, I just want GM to know who the hell I am and that I have been sitting on some cash wanting to order their product. 2020, 2021 or 2022 ... I don't care at this point, I just want to get into the system and get a C8 of any MY. It will be easier to say it's worth the wait, once a C8 is actually sitting in your Garage.
                        Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I placed my order about 1 year ago got my Rapid Blue LT3 Yesterday And Yes It was worth wait, every minute.
                          rrobi344

Comment

Originally posted by rrobi344 View Post
                            I placed my order about 1 year ago got my Rapid Blue LT3 Yesterday And Yes It was worth wait, every minute.
                            rrobi344
                            One Year wait makes it an enjoyable experience and well worth the wait. That's a little longer than what it took me to get my 1999 C5 , and that was a great experience. But not knowing when you'll get an allocation, takes on an anxiety filled frustrating experience. I'm sure I'll get one some day, but I'll not be doing this for a long time, that part is not worth it of me.
                            Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

We think it was well worth the wait, the wife and I have really enjoyed cruising with it. I love the idea of the Z06, but if I'm being honest with myself, I have neither the skill nor place to take full advantage of the performance offered by the Z51 I already own. A Z06 would just be bragging rights and more money, for me. There are plenty of folks on here that have the skill and track access, so they could take advantage of the potential. I'm just not one of them.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X