Today was a good day to go hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was a good day to go hunting!

So, after reading posts about certain accessory items near unobtainium last night, something got in me to call around the local dealers this morning. Specifically, I was looking for the larger splash guards mention on this forum. As expected, nobody had any, but one parts guy did say, "Well, I see such and such dealer shows they have some in stock." Sure enough, I gave them a ring and bingo!...my first score. UPS tracking shows they'll be here tomorrow.

While eating lunch and wallowing in my find, I thought is it possible I can go 2 for 2 and find the illuminated doors sills? As I called around, no one had them...they're on a national allocation/lock-down! However, once again, a dealer parts guy said, "I see that these two dealers shows they have some in stock." I called dealer #1..."yeah, we show them in stock, but they were ordered for a customer, sorry." Then I call dealer #2 "yeah, we show them in stock, but I don't know if they're for a customer or not...let me check it out and call 'ya back". Sure enough, a couple of hours later, the parts guy calls me and says.."you can have'm if you want them"....I said yes!!, here's my CC #. I'll walk across the street to the Chevy dealer while my Honda is getting serviced this Friday and pick them up.

Interestingly enough, one of the dealers did say that they had carbon flash high wing spoilers in stock-I guess if I was after one of those I would have went 3 for 3.
    '21 C8 HTC- on order, Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,

Do you have the GM part number?

Comment

HELPFUL; HELPFUL! Thanks baudio. The parts counter person your talked to punched those parts numbers into his computer and that gave him info for dealerships info for your region.. This method could be very useful for others to try!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Here are the part numbers:

Splash Guards = 84263453 and 84263457
        illuminated door sill plates = 84185603
        CF High Wing = 84857318 ( available at Yes Chevrolet in Hurricane WVA...ask for Dwight)
        '21 C8 HTC- on order, Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X