Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

90 Year Old Gets His C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 Year Old Gets His C8

A 90 year old veteran gave him a birthday presernt, a brand new Corvette. This article posted with thanks from CorvetteBlogger.

Click image for larger version  Name:	312D2F5C-BE3A-475A-8D15-01533F379C16.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	228650

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    A 90-Year-Old Veteran Takes Delivery of His New 2021 Corvette Z51 Coupe

By Mitch Talley : Jan 13, 2021

For those aging enthusiasts who fret that the C8 might be their last Corvette, don’t give up so easily.
    For inspiration, just take a look at Leesburg, Florida veteran Chuck Cook, who just celebrated his 90th birthday with a Torch Red 2021 Corvette coupe!

“This is my birthday present to myself,” Cook told the Daily Commercial newspaper. “I’ve owned Corvettes since 1981 when I bought my first one. This makes my fourth one in my lifetime. I can’t wait until the pandemic is over so I can get this to all the car shows.”

Cook was all smiles in several photos taken at Cecil Clark Chevrolet, where he picked up his new mid-engine Corvette earlier this week with his wife, Barbara, and several friends.

His Stingray – hot off the assembly line in Bowling Green, Kentucky – features Adrenaline Red interior and optional Trident Spoke Machine Face with Sterling Silver wheels, among other options.

Cook was just 50 years old when his next-door neighbor in Michigan introduced him to “America’s Sports Car,” leading Cook to purchase one of the last ’81 Corvettes assembled in St. Louis.

Based on his youthful appearance now, it appears Cook may have discovered the fountain of youth.

After four years of serving his country in the U.S. Air Force where he specialized on aircraft instruments, including fighter jets while stationed in Korea, Cook joined Uniroyal which later merged with BF Goodrich. As he was transferred around the country, Cook’s ’81 Corvette followed him until he traded it for a 2001 C5 which then led to a 2014 C7.

“I’ve been driving Corvettes for 40 years,” he says. “It’s my fun car. I have a 2018 Equinox as my grocery getter as I call it.”

After retiring to Florida, Cook helped found the Touch of Glass Corvette Club for Lake County, and several members of the club were there as he picked up the car.

“Can’t wait to get it out on the road,” Cook said.

Make sure you check out the Daily Commercial to see all the photos taken during this special Corvette delivery.

Source:
    dailycommercial.com
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2021...erm=2021-01-13

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Congratulations and Thank You for your service!!! Enjoy the RIDE!!
    2020 3LT Torch Red Z51 HTC, Adrenaline Red Interior w/ two tone seats, MRC, Front Lift, Bright Red Calipers.

Comment

He picked a great wheel choice.

Comment

Great to see!
        2021 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and gray hash marks.

Comment

Gooooo Chuck!

Comment

The Wait was Worth It
            Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Congrats and thank you for serving. You deserve this C8!!

I'll probably BE 90 years old before i get my 3000 status Red Mist beauty. i turn 68 on Sunday. I ordered the 'ultra bright silver Tridents as well.

Comment

Congratulations Chuck & thank you for your service! Best of luck with it & be safe, Maybe I'll run into you one day when mine finally arrives. It's a short drive for me from DeBary fl. to Leesburg!

Comment

Something tells me he'll be around for the C9 and the C10.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X