Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get together once again for the the latest update in the world of Corvette. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-eqmrgl. News & Headlines for late February 2021 on these topics and more.
1. Winter storm delays reopening of BGA
2. ISeeCars.com reports that the C8 Corvette was the fastest selling car in January.
3. Don’t expect Black Trident wheels back until April 2021
4. The C8 is the Daytona 500 Pace Car
5. Here are the Corvette colors being retired in 2022
6. Sylvester Stallone buys a Rapid Blue C8 Corvette
7. Play Corvette Drive on Alexa
See more
See less

Brake noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake noise

I saw a review on YouTube last night and the reviewer said his one complaint was the brakes were noisy when moving to a slow stop. That would be very annoying. I have a Z51 coupe and have never heard a peep out of my brakes. Just curious if anyone else has experienced brake squealing?
    Rapid Blue Z51 coupe, 2LT, natural/black, MRC, front lift, engine appearance package, red engine cover. August 2019 deposit, November 2020 delivery. Today? Happy camper 😀

No I; nor most people. Most brake noise but clearly not all, is when brake dust is allowed to accumulate in and around where the front wheels/brakes live. The first time I would hear a tiny squeal on our C7 Z06, out would come the compressor with a nozzle and clean everything out. Bye bye brake dust noise every time on our Z.

I am aware that others were not 100% so fortunate, but it is Plan A always. A better Plan B is to get different than OEM brake pads which have 90% less dust. All who are having brake squeal or just want much better brakes, I would contact our vendor KNS Brakes. They carry a wide variety of street and track A+ Brake options including those focused on less noise.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The OEM Z51 brakes are performance oriented so the pads will dust and yes may squeal some. Noise is more prevalent under light use or if the brakes are not used hard often etc. Google pad bedding for more discussions/info.

While Brembo is still the brake supplier the OEM Z51 pads look to be made by Pagid rather than the more typical Ferodo's or Jurid's that I usually see in OEM Brembo's. They are a new shape and a bit different but the aftermarket is catching up quick. We already have low dust street pads and a decent amount of race pads with more incoming by track season.

There will be no shortage of pad choices once they get tooled up.

Comment

Thanks John and KNS for the info. The compressor blow out is a great idea. My brakes have been quiet so no trouble here but when I do need brake pads I’m going with some low dust ceramic pads from KNS.
        Rapid Blue Z51 coupe, 2LT, natural/black, MRC, front lift, engine appearance package, red engine cover. August 2019 deposit, November 2020 delivery. Today? Happy camper 😀

Comment

Lots of squeal here. Brakes have been used hard so I assumed they were glazed. Low speed braking is a bit embarrassing!

Soon I’ll be in for a 1st service and I’ll be upgrading to carbon pads. And yes the dust is ridiculous. S**** the environment!

Comment

I have been getting some intermittent, low speed brake squeal with my Z51. Never had it on any of my Z06's. I will do as John suggests and blow the dust out.

Comment

Interesting that some are experiencing brake noise and others are not. I wonder if it has anything to do with when your car was built? Maybe there has been some change to the brake pads?

Comment

Originally posted by KRM View Post
                I saw a review on YouTube last night and the reviewer said his one complaint was the brakes were noisy when moving to a slow stop. That would be very annoying. I have a Z51 coupe and have never heard a peep out of my brakes. Just curious if anyone else has experienced brake squealing?
                Never had a peep outta my brakes either. Post 5 has. YouTube reviewer complaint....

Comment

I've had 3 occasions where I had a squeal in my brakes since I took delivery in July. Planning on changing the pads out to Carbotech next week.
                  Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X