Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today With Bloomington Gold’s Guy Larsen

On this CORVETTE TODAY podcast, Steve Garrett sits down with Bloomington Gold owner and president Guy Larsen to talk about what happens at a Bloomington Gold event.  Find out why it's so much fun to attend! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Larsen-emm7ua
You'll learn how to get your car judged and certified at Bloomington Gold, Find out what there is to do at this huge Corvette event. And, if you would like to become a judge for Bloomington Gold, you'll hear about that process too.  You don't have to have your Corvette judged at Bloomington Gold to have fun at this event.
Put this Corvette show on your calendar for 2021-find out why by listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
2 of 4 < >

Welcome To C8Grill Our New Featured Vendor

We are glad to have a wonderful new vendor @ https://c8grills.com/. If you met up with at their place, free installation. And still a secret, sssh, but they are working on another new product that I believe many of you would want coming out fairly soon. WELCOME C8GRILL!
3 of 4 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

4 of 4 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

My one disappointment in the C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ido find the seats comfortable, just not high enough. It seems GM was more interested in catering to tall people this time around, and thats fine, but what's wrong with a both/and approach?

oooseun well said. I agree.
    2020 C8 | 2LT | Arctic White | S. Gray Trident Wheels | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash mirrors | GT2 Seats | Natural Leather | Front Lift | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red seat belts| Red Engine Cover.
    Will add aftermarket: Black Lug Nuts with locking nut| Front/Rear Splash Guards | black out the gray on the wheels | TN air filter to bump it to 500 horse| partial PPF | and much needed window tint here in Central Florida

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post

I think it is all the way in. I will try again.
      Interesting. I have it go all the way in and the seat all the way back and I use the wheel to help exit the car. I push off with it and the bolster.
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
      Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
      3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by oooseun View Post

I keep hearing the safety features are expensive mantra; No it is not. these safety features come standard on all hyundai and toyota cars, and have for a few years now. My Hyundai Santa Fe basically drives itself, and that's in the base model. Take a look at the GM lineup and it's not encouraging at all, when they do include cool safety features, it's locked into 1 car no one wants to buy (The CT6).
        Apples and oranges. Do those cars have all aluminum construction, 500 HP V8s, double wishbone aluminum suspensions that offer the performance of the C8, ultra high performance tires, and wide alloy wheels? Large monobloc brake calipers? Mid engine design? Those things cost money. Hyundai put it's money into electronics and safety features, with far more mundane mechanicals and performance (and much less expensive Korean labor).

Do you honestly think GM could have built the C8 with everything it has, and then added all the features you want on top without raising the cost? If so, you don't understand manufacturing or technology. GM could do that no more than Hyundai could add another 200 HP to the Santa Fe, and the suspension, brakes, wheels and tires needed to deal with that performance, without raising the price.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
          Both myself and my wife think the road is much more visible than front engine cars. I guess stature and seat height must play into it. <shrug>
          The front visibility IS much better. I'm 6' 2" and the first thing I noticed when I sat in my C8 was how much more road I could see up-front as compared to my C7.

Comment

Originally posted by oooseun View Post

I keep hearing the safety features are expensive mantra; No it is not. these safety features come standard on all hyundai and toyota cars, and have for a few years now. My Hyundai Santa Fe basically drives itself, and that's in the base model. Take a look at the GM lineup and it's not encouraging at all, when they do include cool safety features, it's locked into 1 car no one wants to buy (The CT6).

Even on the C8, you have to pay $7k to get 3 extra cameras and blind spot monitoring (which has been standard on my 2nd Hyundai for 8 years now). Nickel and diming like this is why foreign brands kick our ***.

There's also the 'drivers car' argument. This doesn't fly as you can usually turn these systems off, and in the worst of cases, they can save your precious drivers car or even better, your life. If porsche can do Active Cruise control, then a whole GM should be able to figure it out.

Well, let's see, the NSX, 911, 718, M3/M4,S3/S4/S5/S6, F-Type, Model 3P, Golf GTI, Mustangs, AR Guilia, All maseratis, AMG GT, Polestar 1, the supra

I'm willing to wait till at least ACC is on the corvette, but the way it's looking (and given that the camaro a much bigger car with less emphasis on being a drivers car than the corvette DOESN'T have it in 2021) even if it comes soon, it'll still be behind + it'll cost a kidney in packages.
            Are you sure about that? I’m not going to look them all up but I’m pretty sure at least 3 of those don’t have ACC.

Comment

Glad I don't have ACC. I got it in a rental and dislike the way it works and there was no way of shutting it off. I guess all of the nanny stuff
              it's OK for new drivers who don't have perception or following skills but just not for me. Interesting that through the years these various features were installed to make up for the inadequate training of new drivers.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X