Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get together once again for the the latest update in the world of Corvette. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-eqmrgl. News & Headlines for late February 2021 on these topics and more.
1. Winter storm delays reopening of BGA
2. ISeeCars.com reports that the C8 Corvette was the fastest selling car in January.
3. Don’t expect Black Trident wheels back until April 2021
4. The C8 is the Daytona 500 Pace Car
5. Here are the Corvette colors being retired in 2022
6. Sylvester Stallone buys a Rapid Blue C8 Corvette
7. Play Corvette Drive on Alexa
See more
See less

My Car finally arrived - DAMAGED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friends C8 was damaged on the bottom in delivery and they are now going to get him 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
      My car was transported by Cooper to Toledo, OH, then it traveled by rail to Roper, UT, then by truck/transport (not sure if it was Cooper or not) to Nampa, Idaho. Kendall and MacMulkin are communicating.
      Let's just hope they just Fix this problem without bothering you on the details and fast.

A Delivery Scratch should be High Priority at any Dealers ... Money is on the line
      Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by AlVette View Post
        Hey John or any others?

Does that repair on mine or Mike's show up on CarFax?
        Not unless it is paid for and submitted through an insurance company. You are still taking delivery of a brand new car. Once it hits the dealers lot, and they have accepted it, then circumstances change to damage and liability of any hidden defects that occurred after they took delivery. An example would be a hailstorm that came through and the dealers insurance paid the dealer for loss of value to that car.
        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

It should be very simple..... I assume all the first dealer did was order the car for you. The factory shipped it to Idaho. If the shipper accepted it as is, and it arrived damaged, the shipper pays. If the shipper noted the damage on his paperwork when he accepted the car, the factory pays. Either way, you do not have any financial responsibility for the repair. No one in the supply chain is a 'virgin' here. They have all dealt with this stuff before. It's just too bad it had to be your car. Stick to your guns and make absolutely certain it's repaired to your satisfaction. These guys can fix anything except a dead man!
          2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
            My car was transported by Cooper to Toledo, OH, then it traveled by rail to Roper, UT, then by truck/transport (not sure if it was Cooper or not) to Nampa, Idaho. Kendall and MacMulkin are communicating.
            I think it was damaged in transit. Probably not the courtesy dealer or selling dealer's fault. It'll be covered but tough deal.

Comment

I think that the Courtesy Delivery dealer inspects the cars once they are unloaded from the transport company.

If it was noted during inspection then the transport company bears responsibility.

Once the dealer inspects and signs off, then the Dealer bears the responsibility

Thats how I understand it.

Comment

If the damage was found by the delivering dealer and it was noted on the transportation receipt then the receiving dealer will file a warranty claim with GM to have it fixed.
                2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

Comment

Originally posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy View Post
                  IOnce the dealer inspects and signs off, then the Dealer bears the responsibility. Thats how I understand it.
                  Another reason why a dealer would not want to do courtesy deliveries. For a few hundred bucks, might not be worth it. Scratch on the car during transit and maybe courtesy dealer didn't notice it. Even if they did notice, what are they supposed to do with it?
                  Last edited by Boomer; 01-11-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlVette View Post
                    ....placed my order on 6.19.2009
                    2009? Twelve years ago?
                    Current: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red

Previous: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6, 2014 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Another reason why a dealer would not want to do courtesy deliveries. For a few hundred bucks, might not be worth it. Scratch on the car during transit and maybe courtesy dealer didn't notice it. Even if they did notice, what are they supposed to do with it?
                      Take a picture of it as it gets off the transporter, then submit a claim to GM (warranty program). GM can then work out who is going to pay for that repair with their contracted transporter, Jack Cooper Transport.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Take a picture of it as it gets off the transporter, then submit a claim to GM (warranty program). GM can then work out who is going to pay for that repair with their contracted transporter, Jack Cooper Transport.
                        After the courtesy dealer does that, I assume they will then have to make arrangements for the repairs to be done. Not all dealers (including mine) do body or paint work in house. Anyway, I think I see why not all dealers provide courtesy delivery service.

Comment

Mine showed up with a minor paint blemish by the fuel door. I told my salesman about it and that they could fix it when I bring it in for my 500 mile oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I would be very careful about your being too strong about refusing your car, instead would be pointing out to them that they need to fix it to perfection and that they will be reimbursed by GM.
                            Curious John, wouldn't Mike already Own the car if he was/is doing a courtesy delivery? He would have already paid his dealer for it prior to going to pick it up, similar to a delivery at the NCM. I'm just asking, I have never done a courtesy delivery except my Museum delivery.
                            Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I took delivery of mine on October 2nd at my dealer and of coarse some of the accessories were not there but as to be expected. After having the car detailed and displayed at a Corvette annual car show it was pointed out that I have a defective driver side Headlight, Drip like run mark inside the lens. This defect has been mentioned on this forum before too. I even sent them a copy of the thread. I reported it to my dealer , whom is an hour + drive to, about it and have it ordered so that I would be making only one return trip for accessories and headlight installation. Well never happened, they had to see the headlight first before ordering. Dec 4th I took it to the dealer and all the accessories were installed and they looked at the headlight and said they would be InTouch. Here it is Jan 12th and no word from my dealer, Largest in the World, even after multiply enquiries. I am dealing with one of their General Managers too.
                              Anyone have any advice whom I should be reaching out too?
                              J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                              "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

Yes, Mike currently owns the car, and why I suggested some caution about his refusal to “accept it.” The door will be perfectly fixed! The only question in my mind is whether the cost is born solely by GM; not at all, partially, or solely by JCT; or if that scratch was created by a dealership person moving it around the lot, fully by the dealership.
                                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X