Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get together once again for the the latest update in the world of Corvette. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-eqmrgl. News & Headlines for late February 2021 on these topics and more.
1. Winter storm delays reopening of BGA
2. ISeeCars.com reports that the C8 Corvette was the fastest selling car in January.
3. Don’t expect Black Trident wheels back until April 2021
4. The C8 is the Daytona 500 Pace Car
5. Here are the Corvette colors being retired in 2022
6. Sylvester Stallone buys a Rapid Blue C8 Corvette
7. Play Corvette Drive on Alexa
See more
See less

My Car finally arrived - DAMAGED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Car finally arrived - DAMAGED!

What should have been a fantastic day has turned out not so great. My car finally arrived at the "Courtesy Delivery" dealer today here in Idaho....it has a scratch on the driver's side fender. I did not take delivery because I don't want any problems with who is responsible for the damage and who is going to pay for the repair. The Courtesy Delivery dealer says, we found the damage but we are not responsible for the repair. MacMulkin is where I ordered the car and Kendall Chevrolet in Nampa, Id is the courtesy delivery dealer....they are in discussion now. I hope this doesn't turn out to be even more delay in the delivery of my car.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will work it out in a timely manner. Good luck!!

Comment

I feel for you Mike, when they were installing the rocker panels, my dealer scratched that area...was thinking of just accepting that way but paying 95K, I said fix it.
      Going on day 3 business days, still not finished...maybe Wednesday....placed my order on 6.19.2009

Comment

I am so sorry! That is utter nonsense that Kendall is spouting. They will get 100% reimbursed for the repair by GM under the standard warranty program except if they caused it by their own employee between it arriving on the transporter and your seeing it.

I
        I know this because my C7 Z06 arrived at the courtesy delivery dealer and even before I had noticed it, they had ordered a new hood liner to replace its damaged one. And my C8 arrived there (same excellent dealership — again in a courtesy delivery relationship) and they had already found and ordered a replacement driver’s window horizontal trim piece (at the bottom of the door glass),

I would be very careful about your being too strong about refusing your car, instead would be pointing out to them that they need to fix it to perfection and that they will be reimbursed by GM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hey John or any others?

Does that repair on mine or Mike's show up on CarFax?

Comment

I have no idea. Sorry.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Oh No ...

BTW, what the Hell are they discussing, how they're going make it up to you and how fast?

There's no question who's responcible ... at least there's no question who's NOT.

Call MacMulkin and tell them to Get-R-Done ... a scratch has to be the easiest of problem for them to fix.
              Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Wow that's too bad it happen, I feel your pain after waiting this long for it to arrive. I hope it works out expeditiously
                Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                  What should have been a fantastic day has turned out not so great. My car finally arrived at the "Courtesy Delivery" dealer today here in Idaho....it has a scratch on the driver's side fender. I did not take delivery because I don't want any problems with who is responsible for the damage and who is going to pay for the repair. The Courtesy Delivery dealer says, we found the damage but we are not responsible for the repair. MacMulkin is where I ordered the car and Kendall Chevrolet in Nampa, Id is the courtesy delivery dealer....they are in discussion now. I hope this doesn't turn out to be even more delay in the delivery of my car.
                  God bless you. My order was from MacMulkin also and sent to a courtesy dealer also. I was double luckily. I experienced no damage and I had paid in full before pick up.

PS - My overall experience with MacMulkin was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                    Curious if Rail transport was involved or Cooper the whole way from BG to Kendall? Either way, Kendall accepted the Courtesy Delivery (CD) and was responsible for the PDI which is how they earned the CD fee paid by MikeT. Other than putting in the order and indicating to GM who the CD dealers was to be, MacMulkin really has nothing to do with either having to accept any responsibility or pay for any repair. If they are even attempting to to assist in this, then that is quite the “courtesy” on their part, IMHO. As John said, this should be between Kendall, GM (and perhaps Cooper and/or the Rail carrier).
                    Order placed w/Dec. 2020 Allocations: 2021 Coupe, CMGM, 3LT, Twilight/Tension Blue, Z51, carbon flash wheels/mirrors/spoiler, bright red calipers, front lift, mag ride, transparent roof, splash guards, black rockers, battery protection package, engine appearance package, red engine cover.

Comment

OP did the right thing to make sure he knows who is going to take care of the repair. Unfortunately I have experience with two vehicles that were damaged at delivery. One a new Ford F150 about 8 years ago and the other a new Mercedes Benz S Class about 5 years ago. The situations were handled about 180 degrees different.

The Ford the dealer and the manufacturer took no responsibility for a damaged wire in the rear window defogger. Cost me $1,000 to replace a rear window to get the defogger to work at 12 miles on the odometer. Absolutely ludicrous. The dealer said the manufacturer caused the damage while the manufacturer said the dealer caused the damage. I will NEVER go back to that Ford dealer again as I believe the dealer damaged the vehicle and did not want to take responsibility to make it right.

The dealer that delivered the new $140,000 Mercedes Benz to me actually called me the moment the truck driver unloaded the vehicle so I could come take a look at the damage. Before I paid for the vehicle they allowed me to select and work with the body shop to make sure I was satisfied before I paid for the car and took delivery.

It sounds like OP needs to make sure someone takes responsibility to fix the damage otherwise he may end up on the short end of the stick like I did on the F150 that cost me $1,000.

Damage to vehicles happens so often and most people don't even know they get a new vehicle that had been damaged. Stinks!
                      Last edited by Mark2021C8; 01-11-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

If it was up to me I'd Drive the Car myself from the Plant to NCM, then out on the boulevard ...
                        Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Tough luck and hope it gets fixed. My question is regarding how it was received and shipped. It should/would have been inspected by MacMulkin when they received the car. Then the transporter would have had to inspect it and the dealer sign off prior to loading the car. Next would be your dealer who would have to inspect and verify the car is not damaged prior to taking it from the transporter. So unless you have a fly by night transporter there is a paper trail from womb to tomb. How did you leave it with your dealer and did you sign anything. Do you have something in writing from them and you stating you will take the car when the damage is fixed to your satisfaction. Never written , never said.

Comment

This is such an unfortunate circumstance for MikeT’s C8. What happened to him happens, across all brands, just a fraction over 1% of all vehicle transports. Even to the best exotics.

Ferrari has a massive faculty in the Port of Baltimore (all Ferraris entering the U.S. arrive there first) to deal with such circumstances, Other than their actual manufacturing plants, it is the one place in North America authorized to repair one-off, bespoke paint jobs that have been damaged in transit. It is staffed by a cadre of master craftsmen. They can replace motors, transmissions, do it all there.

Mike we hope Kendall comes to their senses immediately.

Comment

My car was transported by Cooper to Toledo, OH, then it traveled by rail to Roper, UT, then by truck/transport (not sure if it was Cooper or not) to Nampa, Idaho. Kendall and MacMulkin are communicating.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X