NCM Bash Expectations and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCM Bash Expectations and Questions

Hi again vette fans. I was wondering IF the C8 gets revealed "tomorrow " or the proposed April NY show would it be possible they bring one to the bash to showcase? I have never been to the bash but i live about a hour south so I was hoping if it's unveiled I would take the opportunity to drive up to BG. That being said are there any entrance fees or other various parking assignments or knowledge I need to ascertain before going or can I just drive on up? Thanks for any info.

GM would have no problem bringing one to the BASH, as they are built across the street. If they reveal it beforehand, it should be there.

Comment

If the ME is revealed before the BASH, every previous single time that that has occurred, GM has had two of that next generation, or two of the next model, at the BASH. The question as 100% of us know and consider daily, is “when is the ME going to be revealed.” I even read a post suggesting that the BASH would be a great place to reveal the ME.

Time will tell; personally, I have zero expectation that since we learned about the XT6 last night (I posted that re the ME’s Infotainment System thread), I think GM is 100% done as far as NAIAS is concerned. After that, we have IMO 0% chance of the C8’s reveal at Chicago, a 1% chance of its reveal at Geneva, and pretty good chance of its reveal at NYAS And as above, if revealed at NYAS or before, I 100% expect it at the BASH.

As to your specific questions, the BASH is not only a terrfic time to have fun and meet new forum friends and other Corvette friends, but the event event is super cheap, parking is free on NMC grounds (though if you do not bring your Corvette, you are going to have to park a little further away. The entrance fee for the event is either for the entire event if you want to attend the special event activities, or a daily pass to see the Museum, The total BASH cost even if you are not an NCM member is just $30 — and for that you get to go to the free seminars, talk 1-to-1 with over 50 GM staff (such as Harlan, Tadge, Kai and Kirk and so many more). Even if my wife and I definitively learn that there will be nothing new at the BASH, we are still driving 2,500 miles each way to attend, already having BASH total event and trip reservations made. We hope you are there!

One last thing in regard to my comment about two of the new product being at the BASH (if revealed before), and that those vehicles have always been two “show cars.” In addition, usually some of the top GM staff will be driving their pre-production test cars to the event, so typically there are scattered around in the NCM parking lots, e.g., Kai’s car, Tadge’s, Harlan’s and Kirk’s driving the new product. We use that opportunity to see the new product in additional colors beyond the two show cars, and as this would be our last chance to see it before we order (we think), and as the ME could well look “color different” even in the same colors we are used to, we happily walk miles during the event scouting all over over as we most often do.
      Last edited by John; 01-13-2019, 01:32 PM.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Some have speculated that the reveal will take place at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning during the "Pending Industry Announcement" on the Atrium Stage. Here's a photo of the Atrium Stage at last year's NAIAS. Not the kind of presentation setup that GM would use for one of the most anticipated reveals in GM history...at least I would hope not. My personal opinion is that the reveal will take place several months from now and even possibly AFTER the NYAS and NCM Bash, which will disappoint many, I'm sure. But like I always say, time will tell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	636514464510507475-tdndc5-6t5380k5xar9hc40d30-original.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	933.3 KB
ID:	22785
        Attached Files

Comment

Great picture, e.g., a 1,000 words and as you noted Jag, absolutely not the place were GM would do a reveal. I also concur that either NYAS or in the month or two after is the most likely place. My three “favorites” if after NYAS, are the NCM Bash (ten days later, a 5% chance IMO); two days before the Indy 500 (May 24th), a 20% chance, with the ME then being the surprise, substitute Pace Car for the race; and, a 75% chance at Detroit right before the June 1st/2nd Belle Isle Indy car race — for GM’s Rennaisance Center Headquarters (RenCen), is just 3.5 miles away and its lobby currently holds eight cars with room for many people, or most likely IMO, the Russell Industrial Center owned by GM and renovated just before, then used for the C7’s 1.13.13 reveal.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X