MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

Looking Forward: Z06 ME’s Unique, Additive and Changed Components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Forward: Z06 ME’s Unique, Additive and Changed Components

What are we thinking will be the unique elements for the Z06 mid engine Corvette?

Click image for larger version  Name:	B3F31A3B-21D3-47EC-BFED-7791241DA3BD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	258.8 KB ID:	22670

Of course, disclaimer, we do not know for a fact that the high performance, “middle” level of the C8 generation, would be called a Z06. Perhaps GM might choose a different model name. But for now, let’s assume it is again called a Z06.

Let’s create a list of what we think will be unique components for this 2021, maybe 2022 model? As a point of references, from Phil Minch, GM Performance Engineer who is Tadge’s Assistant, we learned that a C7 Z06 has 750 different parts from a Z-51 Stingray model.

Using the above rendering, thank you fvs, let’s start with the obvious first major different component.

1) Hood with ducting for better aerodynamics.

What others ones are you thinking will differentiate the Z06 from the first year entry ME?
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Now you went and done it. That sketch is pretty hot..

i believe the hood p, the rear spoiler, the side scoop, the rear fenders and width of rear wheels...more power makes wider rear wheels and tires a logical addition?

Comment

Bigger brakes or a different material.
      Springs and shocks.
      Different exhaust.
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

More carbon fibre. Brakes, etc. Big, flying wing out back. Obviously uprated engine. KERS- type boost.

Comment

Roof Scoop!

Comment

ENGINE --- twin turbo monster! No Chicken wing or an option to omit it! Maybe a different hood and of course the larger tires to handle the HP if it is not AWD! Maybe a good time to introduce the hybrid with electric motors for the front wheels??? You know it is coming..

Comment

Yes, yes, a Twin Turbo Monster Motor!
              So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
                Roof Scoop!
                I always loved this very earlier ME rendering.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8A1B710C-E211-4B84-A255-854AF4232DC2.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	22750

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I would be on that in a "heartbeat" ! I wonder if the vette team could do a design such as that and still be 200k or below with great performance or is there inherently a huge jump in price for exterior design for somethimg like that vs the new C8 design we see now? Could it be the fact it looks too Ferrari like ? To me thats not a bad thing at all if priced reasonable IE instead of la ferrari pricing.

Comment

The rendering above (with the top scoop) was also my favorite. It looks very racy.

Comment

Originally posted by TNBlueVette View Post

I would be on that in a "heartbeat" ! I wonder if the vette team could do a design such as that and still be 200k or below with great performance or is there inherently a huge jump in price for exterior design for somethimg like that vs the new C8 design we see now? Could it be the fact it looks too Ferrari like ? To me thats not a bad thing at all if priced reasonable IE instead of la ferrari pricing.
                      It looks great but would preclude a targa top.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

My Favorite render by a mile. I loved the rear end view.

Comment

Name:	2016-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-rear-three-quarters-by-tom-matsumoto-promo.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	23525

Comment

Originally posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post

My Favorite render by a mile. I loved the rear end view.
                            That would be splendid but I don’t see it happening from what we’ve seen so far. It’s got my vote though.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                            79 coupe Silver/oyster
                            All one owner
                            Museum lifetime members

Comment

Here is what I'm pretty certain we'll see:

1. Different aero.
                              2. Different front fascia (cuz #7 infra)
                              3. Different side air intakes
                              4. Hood vent (for thermal management and aero management for high speed).
                              5. Upgraded brakes
                              6. Different engine
                              7. More thermal management components (related to #6, cuz TT)
                              8 Slight increase in weight over the base

What i'm not certain on, but will be interesting to see is whether it also gets:

A. Slighter wider body (i.e. fender flares, cuz B infra)
                              B. Slightly wider wheel/tire (keeping in mind for A and B, the Mac 720 tire/wheel size strongly suggest the benefits of the ME layout mitigates the performance need for these - yet, customer desire/perception may play a role).
                              C. Additional carbon
                              D. Performance-based option packages (i.e. ability to do some decontenting, ability to option fixed-roof coupe, etc).
                              E. Front fender venting
                              F. Different DCT, diff and axles.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X