Any West Coast Deliveries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any West Coast Deliveries?

Any of you west coasters waiting for Dec made 2021 cars to be delivered? Mine was born 12/19/20 and all I know is it's been shipped. Just curious if anyone else is waiting or has got any delivery estimates or tracking from the new GM Freight Verify system? I'm in So Cal and have emailed my dealer about it and haven't got an answer yet.
    2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

We have learned that the new trial Freight Verify program is strictly limited to the dealer where the car is going. We do not yet know whether it has been expanded to all dealers. But do know that if you are receiving yours at a courtesy delivery dealership, even if were in place for them, only that receiving dealership can request that data (not the one if you bought it from somewhere else and are having it dropped shipped, eg. You could not inquire of a large east coast dealership and ask them โ€œwhere is my carโ€ that I purchased from you and am having dropped shipped to the west coast to dealer โ€œXโ€.

We thanks MikeT for helping us learn part of this having.
    โ€™
    With that known, hopefullly your recei9vng dealer can use it and can find out for you where and when yours will be arriving here on the west coast..

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I just heard from my dealer, he said it should be there by Jan 15th. (Next Friday) wahoo!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
      2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

Here is a repost of the entire trip for mine that arrived in December from another thread...

Here is what delivery to Los Angeles looks like (I had OnStar enabled so I could watch progress through the GPS locate part of the app):
        โ€‹
        Mine was built 11/10. Sat in BGA parking lot for a couple of weeks even though it was done all QC and was "ready to ship." Then moved by truck to Jack Cooper transport yard in Kansas City which is right next door to the GM Fairfax Assembly Plant and rail yard. Moved to the GM plant and sat for another few days at the base of the train tracks on that site.

Got on train December 2 at which time OnStar lost the ability to report location (presumably because of signal blockage inside train). Dealer Sales Mgr. said: "Recently, weโ€™ve been seeing transit times on the train ranging from 8-10 days for trains headed out of Kansas. In my case, the train ride from Kansas City took 7 days. It arrived in Mira Loma on 12/10 where it was reported at 4501 Etiwanda Ave by OnStar.

Dealer Sales Mgr. also said: "We also need to keep in mind that once the vehicle arrives in Mira Loma, it can take a day or two to be offloaded from the rail car and then GM allots 3 business days for the trucking company to deliver the vehicle to us here at the dealer before they consider the vehicle โ€œlateโ€. Then once the vehicle is delivered here a pre-delivery inspection must be performed before it can be prepped for you to take delivery."

Once it got there, I had to push the dealer and eventually GM regional to get it out of the train yard and delivered to the dealer. Mine took more than the 3 business days quoted.

I got delivery on the evening of December 17. So from birth to taking my baby home was 37 days to Los Angeles. Your mileage may vary, but that should help give you a picture of the transport process. It also matches up with the much simpler answer I have seen of 3 to 6 weeks for delivery to LA.
        HTC 3LT Z51 Black w/silver stripes/Black+grey two tone suede interior

Comment

Here's a post I started for my C8 that is currently waiting for transport from the Kent, Washington rail yard to my dealer in Monroe. It was unloaded on (12/29) and as of 7:00 this morning, it's still in the same parking spot from when I was first able to check its location last Monday evening using OnStar. So its been sitting for 9 days and at this moment I do not know when it will be loaded onto a hauler and sent to my dealer.

R & K C8, his C8 was on the same train as mine and unloaded in Kent at the same time. His was delivered to his dealer last Sunday (01/03) evening and he was able to take it home Tuesday (01/05). His dealer is about 20 miles away from mine but yet mine still sits at the rail yard.

If you read through all the post, most of the timelines are listed so it will give you an idea on how long it takes from the time it's shipped from BGA to get to the rail yard. You didn't mention where on the west coast you were, so keep in mind my post is for destination of Kent, Washington.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...bga#post216775

Cheers, PB

Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Took possession Saturday, January 9, 2021.

Comment

Hey Midlife, but aren't we all.
            Yesterday, I finally after 1.5 years waiting paid for my C8. I didn't bring her home for 2 reasons. One is I ordered the high wing which is supposed to be there today
            and the second is that when y rocker panels were being installed, the installer scratched right above the rocker panel on both sides Paint department is backed up so I wont
            drive her home until Monday....no sense in getting upset after waiting so long.

Anyway, she is a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by MidLife View Post
              Any of you west coasters waiting for Dec made 2021 cars to be delivered? Mine was born 12/19/20 and all I know is it's been shipped. Just curious if anyone else is waiting or has got any delivery estimates or tracking from the new GM Freight Verify system? I'm in So Cal and have emailed my dealer about it and haven't got an answer yet.
              When did you go 4200 (shipped)

Originally posted by SoCal Dave View Post
              I got delivery on the evening of December 17. So from birth to taking my baby home was 37 days to Los Angeles. Your mileage may vary, but that should help give you a picture of the transport process. It also matches up with the much simpler answer I have seen of 3 to 6 weeks for delivery to LA.
              But only 23 days since it was 4200 and shipped correct

Comment

Originally posted by Billy20 View Post

When did you go 4200 (shipped)

But only 23 days since it was 4200 and shipped correct

it was supposed to be answer to my reply ^^^ , not so cal Dave's
                My dealer emailed me on Dec 24 to say it was built and shipped, It was built Dec 19, on Friday evening 2nd shift. So probably between 22-24? I don't know exact date it went 4200. But that is as close as I know.
                Last edited by MidLife; 01-07-2021, 04:16 PM.

Comment

My HTC was finished 12/23. I live in Los Angeles but my dealer is Selman Chevrolet in Orange County. They called me earlier this week and said they have a delivery date of 1/13. Got another call today and they gave me tracking info saying the car was on a train that just left Kansas City.
                  Last edited by Damon; 01-07-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
                    My HTC was finished 12/23. I live in Los Angeles but my dealer is Selman Chevrolet in Orange County. They called me earlier this week and said they have a delivery date of 1/13. Got another call today and they gave me tracking info saying the car was on a train that just left Kansas City.
                    Maybe our cars are on same train? I was told it should be here by the 15th, next Friday. But if they say yours just left Kansas City, it might be on another train? I know they get dropped at Mira Loma rail yard for transport to dealer. What city in OC are you in? Maybe meet up at Cars n Coffee in San Clemente in near future?

Comment

Panic Button , I'm from So Cal, probably a similar travel time by train as your northern route.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        We have learned that the new trial Freight Verify program is strictly limited to the dealer where the car is going. We do not yet know whether it has been expanded to all dealers. But do know that if you are receiving yours at a courtesy delivery dealership, even if were in place for them, only that receiving dealership can request that data (not the one if you bought it from somewhere else and are having it dropped shipped, eg. You could not inquire of a large east coast dealership and ask them โ€œwhere is my carโ€ that I purchased from you and am having dropped shipped to the west coast to dealer โ€œXโ€.

We thanks MikeT for helping us learn part of this having.
                        โ€™
                        With that known, hopefullly your recei9vng dealer can use it and can find out for you where and when yours will be arriving here on the west coast..
                        John - Thanks for that confirmation that only the "receiving" Dealer can access C8 transportation status/info in FreightVerify. It occurred to us that the FreightVerify Tracking System might have such "complications" for tracking C8's which are "drop-shipped" or "Courtesy Delivery" to a Dealer other than the Dealer who placed the original Order, but we could not confirm those "complications" in our "direct ship" situation.

We also theorized that the "receiving" Dealer of a "Courtesy Delivery" C8 might not be overly motivated to invest their time and effort to use FreightVerify to determine when a C8 will arrive because the "receiving" Dealer has a very limited loyalty to the C8 Buyer (no sales commission) and they will still get their "Courtesy Delivery" fee whenever the C8 arrives. This is probably another factor to consider if one if thinking of using a "Courtesy Delivery". -Rick
                        2020 C8, 1YC07 (Coupe), 2LT Package, G8G (Arctic White), HTA (Black Leather Interior), AQ9 (GT1 Seats), Z51 (Perf Pkg), FE4 (Mag Ride), E60 (Front Lift), NPP (Perf Exhaust), Q8P (Wheels, Bright Silver), EYK (Chrome Emblems), VQK (Splash Guards).
                        Order Details: Deposit Aug 18, 2019, Event Codes (in 2020) 1100-Feb10, 3000-Mar17, 3100-Nov4, 3300-Nov5, 3400-Nov18, 3800-Nov25, 4200-Dec1, 4300-Dec3, Train to Seattle area-4 weeks, 4800-Dec29, (in 2021) 5000-Jan4, 6000-Jan5.

Comment

Originally posted by Panic Button View Post
                          Here's a post I started for my C8 that is currently waiting for transport from the Kent, Washington rail yard to my dealer in Monroe. It was unloaded on (12/29) and as of 7:00 this morning, it's still in the same parking spot from when I was first able to check its location last Monday evening using OnStar. So its been sitting for 9 days and at this moment I do not know when it will be loaded onto a hauler and sent to my dealer.

R & K C8, his C8 was on the same train as mine and unloaded in Kent at the same time. His was delivered to his dealer last Sunday (01/03) evening and he was able to take it home Tuesday (01/05). His dealer is about 20 miles away from mine but yet mine still sits at the rail yard.

If you read through all the post, most of the timelines are listed so it will give you an idea on how long it takes from the time it's shipped from BGA to get to the rail yard. You didn't mention where on the west coast you were, so keep in mind my post is for destination of Kent, Washington.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...bga#post216775

Cheers, PB
                          Panic Button - There is just no "rhyme or reason" on why your C8 is still at the Kent Railyard and we are sincerely bummed-out for you. Our fingers are crossed for good luck that your C8 will get cut-loose from the Kent Railyard and delivered to you as soon as possible. -Rick
                          2020 C8, 1YC07 (Coupe), 2LT Package, G8G (Arctic White), HTA (Black Leather Interior), AQ9 (GT1 Seats), Z51 (Perf Pkg), FE4 (Mag Ride), E60 (Front Lift), NPP (Perf Exhaust), Q8P (Wheels, Bright Silver), EYK (Chrome Emblems), VQK (Splash Guards).
                          Order Details: Deposit Aug 18, 2019, Event Codes (in 2020) 1100-Feb10, 3000-Mar17, 3100-Nov4, 3300-Nov5, 3400-Nov18, 3800-Nov25, 4200-Dec1, 4300-Dec3, Train to Seattle area-4 weeks, 4800-Dec29, (in 2021) 5000-Jan4, 6000-Jan5.

Comment

Ditto those positive sentiments!
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks guys and I checked at 7:30 this morning and it's still sitting in the same parking spot according to OnStar.

I sent my dealer an email this morning letting them know I'm getting some what anxious with my car just sitting at the Kent rail yard for 10 days and not being delivered. I was told they have no control over when it gets delivered but I would hope they would at least try to find out what the delay is. They have been less than enthusiastic about this whole ordeal.

Cheers, PB
                              Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Took possession Saturday, January 9, 2021.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X