Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get together once again for the the latest update in the world of Corvette. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-eqmrgl. News & Headlines for late February 2021 on these topics and more.
1. Winter storm delays reopening of BGA
2. ISeeCars.com reports that the C8 Corvette was the fastest selling car in January.
3. Don’t expect Black Trident wheels back until April 2021
4. The C8 is the Daytona 500 Pace Car
5. Here are the Corvette colors being retired in 2022
6. Sylvester Stallone buys a Rapid Blue C8 Corvette
7. Play Corvette Drive on Alexa
See more
See less

Koons Tysons is selling 9 C8 Corvettes at well above MSRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koons Tysons is selling 9 C8 Corvettes at well above MSRP

Click image for larger version

Name:	koons.PNG
Views:	943
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	223271

Full List: https://www.koonschevybuickgmc.com/n...t/corvette.htm

I've never liked buying cars from Koons after getting a Dodge Charger with them back in 2018, but this is pretty ridiculous.

They are asking $144,000 for 3LT Corvette!! How are they still in business?

There not the only one

Comment

Probably never know what it will actually go for. I wonder how long this machine can still fetch these prices with the lead time going down to about 6 months now.
      2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/2020; 2000=12/18/2020; 3800=2-22-2021

Comment

Someone (or multiple someone’s) will buy them. Not my dealer for a few reasons...there’s many others to pick from in NoVA.

Edit: I’d add that NoVA has a lot of $$$. I’ll let you tell yourself why. $$$ does not = brains...hence, they will sell. I see mine on that list (my type, not my car) and it’s WAY overpriced 🤮
        Last edited by CaptGoFast; 12-30-2020, 09:16 PM.
        '21 G26 Sebring Orange Z51 2LT Coupe Natural Napa GT2 Seats
        Dual roof package (body / glass), E60 front lift, FE4 magnetic ride, yellow calipers, tan belts, carbon flash wheels, R8C NCM Delivery.

Reservation placed 1 Aug 2020. 3000 status as of 16 Nov 2020. 3300 as of 17 Dec 2020. 3400 as of 28 Dec 2020.

Another C8 born, 11 Jan 2021!

Sold—2002 C5 Millennium Yellow Coupe 2LT 6-Spd

Comment

Maybe 6 months ago an HTC would have commanded a $50k premium because none were available.
          2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

I saw one locally for sale at $125k, it sold for $95k. Was a 3LT coupe.
            2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
            Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

My question is how they ended up with so many that don't have a buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaring Afro View Post
                My question is how they ended up with so many that don't have a buyer.
                That was my thought. Probably by telling buyers they'd get the car at MSRP and then jacking up the price when it came time to close.
                Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  That was my thought. Probably by telling buyers they'd get the car at MSRP and then jacking up the price when it came time to close.
                  There have been reports of that on the forum. A couple I saw were first time posters who never came back. One said he arrived to pick up his C8 and they wanted $15,000 over MSRP. Maybe it really happens.

Comment

I paid $750 under MSRP for my 2021 HTC. Took delivery yesterday.. Patience and knowing how to pick and work with a dealer is a virtue. A little luck also never hurts! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rtempleton View Post
                      I paid $750 under MSRP for my 2021 HTC. Took delivery yesterday.. Patience and knowing how to pick and work with a dealer is a virtue. A little luck also never hurts! :-)
                      Congrats rtempleton. Way to do it.

Comment

You may be the first I have heard under MSRP, or the first to admit a dealer did such. Congrats, I will call you to negotiate my next car purchase.

Comment

How did you manage that? I had to pay a little over MSRP and when I tried to negotiate that down, he didn't even have to think about saying NO. Lucky you! Pics of your HTC??
                          2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
                          Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

I was content to pay 2k over... Completely disclosed and agreed in advance. I remember our 10th Anniversary TransAm with a sticker of $10,660 had a $5000 premium in 1979! Market decides!
                            HTC 3LT Z51 Black w/silver stripes/Black+grey two tone suede interior

Comment

Originally posted by C8CampSoup View Post

You may be the first I have heard under MSRP, or the first to admit a dealer did such. Congrats, I will call you to negotiate my next car purchase.
                              My HTC was delivered in early November at Invoice plus 1K. MSRP was 88K plus. Out the door at around 82K. Having bought several new corvettes over the years at this small town dealer at invoice, it was just business as usual for us.
                              We started with a handshake 3 years ago to get the first allocation for the C8 when it became available. Ordered summer of 2019 and delivered after outwaiting the strike and the Covid delays.

I feel very fortunate to live in this small town and still do business with a handshake. I realize not all dealers are honest but mine is.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X