MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

Hoping For C8’s HUD To Have A Jump-Shift Into The Future Technology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrecked my Ferrari LaFerrari at Laguna Seca’s Corkscrew drop off doing that.
    Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Seriously, I have found that even on long road trips, especially with most interstate out west being 75 and 80 MPH and most of those states having a “no tolerance over the speed limit policy,” it is so much more relaxing to set cruise control to 1 MPH over and just eat up the miles. Our annual trip to NCM’s Bash is that way, and we still do consistent 600+ mile days — but without any speeding ticket stress.

Around town, it is just as easy to get up five minutes earlier and head off to the day’s activities in accord with local tolerance speed limit standards.

But on my “special roads,” no comment...

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Seriously, I have found that even on long road trips, especially with most interstate out west being 75 and 80 MPH and most of those states having a “no tolerance over the speed limit policy,” it is so much more relaxing to set cruise control to 1 MPH over and just eat up the miles. Our annual trip to NCM’s Bash is that way, and we still do consistent 600+ mile days — but without any speeding ticket stress.

Around town, it is just as easy to get up five minutes earlier and head off to the day’s activities in accord with local tolerance speed limit standards.

But on my “special roads,” no comment...
        Same here. 👍
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

Distracted driving happens to everyone, so it seems...
          Appropriate that occurred in a town named "Peculiar"

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Appropriate that occurred in a town named "Peculiar"
            I’ve been there, just a little south of KC.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

If our Mach III fighter pilots use HUD to their safety and more, I am not concerned about “distractive” issues, especially as meyerweb noted you can adjust it, e.g., its height, its brightness, and maybe even with the C8’s, choose its colors.l
              Yes they are awesome especially on the new C130J model. New Fighter AC now integrate a lot into the helmet old fashioned HUD's on the F-16, and F22. The F35 is a good example--took MANY 10 years to get it right and it is still being tweaked. YES the new C-130J (we had to requalify it as a new aircraft it is so different) has the most sophisticated cockpit save the F35 that we have in inventory!

Would love to see a modern cockpit in a car! We will never see it because of cost but it would be nice.

https://binged.it/2Fk5enm

This is why they need that sophisticated cockpit! One of my babies!! https://youtu.be/xbwM-nBKVaI
              Last edited by Busa Dave; 01-10-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I wrecked my Ferrari LaFerrari at Laguna Seca’s Corkscrew drop off doing that.
                No great loss. You're a Corvette guy anyway. Probably would have been able to hold it with your Z06.

You did it with form. Nice back flip!

Click image for larger version

Name:	laguna-seca-crash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	22254

Last edited by Boomer; 01-10-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

A Herc 130J doing a complete loop; amazing video. Thanks Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post
                    Yes they are awesome especially on the new C130J model.
                    My dealer tells me my gunship option is still on constraint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC-130H_Spectre_%282152981898%29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	22257

Comment

If our Mach III fighter pilots use HUD to their safety and more, I am not concerned about “distractive” issues, especially as meyerweb noted you can adjust it, e.g., its height, its brightness, and maybe even with the C8’s, choose its colors.l
                      This and more. It should be configurable and I'm sure significant engineering has gone into this.

There's a category of engineering known as "Human Factors Engineering" that studies how humans interact with their environment. HF Engineering started out in the 20-30's working issues with ergonomics but has progressed into high tech in the 21st century and our interaction with computers, data displays and controls. An oversimplified example of HF is not placing the "Erase All My Data" button next to the "Logout" button, but also extends into the subtle use of symbols, colors and placement of screen objects for maximum functionality and minimum distraction. I develop software for data analysis and work with a HF engineer to design and test our Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) to maximize the functionality for the analysts. I'm sure GM has one or more HF engineers working with their software teams to develop next-gen GUIs that are functional and minimally distracting.
                      Last edited by LightningBolt; 01-12-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I’ve always thought the C130 was impressive. Saw one do a demonstration of capability at an air show years ago. Stuck in my mind.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                        79 coupe Silver/oyster
                        All one owner
                        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Thank you LightningBolt. Maybe you are one of those GM hired engineers, and you have been working on the C8 all along? Ssssh. We will never tell. Thanks for the really good information.

Comment

Thank you LightningBolt. Maybe you are one of those GM hired engineers, and you have been working on the C8 all along? Ssssh. We will never tell. Thanks for the really good information.
                            Ah ha ha! I'll never tell!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X