MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

New full 360 render from bdsvavars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! I love the color. Thank you, BDS!

Comment

Originally posted by USVTRN View Post
      What if...…. GM delayed their reveal because the renderings on MECF looked much better than their product???? I hope we are not disappointed with the reveal because of our awesome artists on here, lmao! Lets live dangerously and keep em coming!!
      Even if true (and I don't think it is), I can't see GM doing major rework of body panels at this late date given the cost of the molds.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Great rendering!!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

I know a couple of people who have seen the final car (I have not), and to a person they have said that the finally revealed car is more attractive than any of the renderings we have yet seen.
          John, I agree with you. Although the renderings are beautiful and work of art, I think the final product will knock our socks off!

Any other details you could share from the folks that have seen it?

Comment

I respect those who have shared their “general impressions” with me. Besides, how does one share their impressions other than they are truly excited as to what we will see next, and again that what they have seen is better than every rendering. No one has told me any specific details. As one example, a person told me that there are several exciting things about the rear of the car, but she/he did not volunteer what I single one of them was, nor did I ask. Could be about the tail lights; could be about the spoiler; could be about tens of different things. I do not know more than her/his happiness with the rear of the car. And regarding that, I am very happy.

As a further example, I do not know when the reveal will be, nor the HP of the entry car, nor its cubic storage capacity. Perhaps because they do not know; or they do not choose to share; and/or they were never told by the persons who knows such details. Or lastly, as far as the reveal date and location is concerned, I am not yet convinced GM had yet made that decision.

I remain excited, and am using the extra time until the ME appears to save even more. Meanwhile, like all, enjoying my current Corvette greatly. I am also confident that GM will not start making the ME until they are sure it it is properly and fully developed, ready to sell to customers. I am also happy with that.
            Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              I respect those who have shared their “general impressions” with me. Besides, how does one share their impressions other than they are truly excited as to what we will see next, and again that what they have seen is better than every rendering. No one has told me any specific details. As one example, a person told me that there are several exciting things about the rear of the car, but she/he did not volunteer what I single one of them was, nor did I ask. Could be about the tail lights; could be about the spoiler; could be about tens of different things. I do not know more than her/his happiness with the rear of the car. And regarding that, I am very happy.

As a further example, I do not know when the reveal will be, nor the HP of the entry car, nor its cubic storage capacity. Perhaps because they do not know; or they do not choose to share; and/or they were never told by the persons who knows such details. Or lastly, as far as the reveal date and location is concerned, I am not yet convinced GM had yet made that decision.

I remain excited, and am using the extra time until the ME appears to save even more. Meanwhile, like all, enjoying my current Corvette greatly. I am also confident that GM will not start making the ME until they are sure it it is properly and fully developed, ready to sell to customers. I am also happy with that.
              As usual John, a great dissection of truth and fiction. Now, my stupid question of the day: Even by its very name, this forum may not be a representative sample of Corvette owners. Is there a significant group of the detractors of the ME or hardcore fans that would like to stick with the FE just like 911 owners community have vehemently rejected a move to ME architecture?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxster View Post
                is there a significant group of the detractors of the ME or hardcore fans that would like to stick with the FE just like 911 owners community have vehemently rejected a move to ME architecture?
                For sure. A close, close friend who has owned about 50 Corvettes in his life, hates the ME, and I think there was not just joking when he said to me, “you like the ME Corvette, why don’t you move to Europe to be closer to all the rest of the ME’s?” Another friend who just got a 2019 GS, said that the ME rendering I showed her is “the ugliest Corvette I have ever seen.”

And every time I put up a new ME rendering on Simply Corvettes FB site (a typically wonderful and friendly site), I get razed about either how ugly it is or “that is not a Corvette.” I think if one were to take a poll right now of current Corvette owners, 95% would prefer the FE Corvette to the ME Corvette. However, I also think that within a year of the ME being actually seen in person, that percent will drop to 50% preferring the FE, but by even then 50% preferring the ME; and within two years after that some of the initial ME haters, would have started buying them.

Will 25% of current Corvette owners never fall in love with the ME? I believe so. However, the number of brand conquests will far outweigh the Corvette owners who always prefer the FE. And in that 25% group that never will like the ME, secondly, and this is critical in our evaluations, that many of those 25% will never have brought another new Corvette — for again the average age of new Corvette buyers is again over 60 years of age, and with retirement comes vastly decreased incomes for probably 3/4’s of new retirees.

IMO, if the Corvette did not massively change course to attract massive amounts of brand conquests via the ME, the buying of brand new Corvettes would have become extinct by 2030.

So we are in for a very rough patch of emotional times as the ME is revealed and during the first FE years after that. What we do know is that here on MECF, we will always respect strong differences — as long as they are always stated consistent with our core values and standards:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ke-the-me-fine
                Last edited by John; 01-10-2019, 12:20 AM.
                Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

John, that was well thought of and objective assessment. I think that the alleged electric woes of the ME were more a hoax than reality. The reconciliation of the existing FE constituency with the new ME clientele seem to me as the strongest consideration in determining a launch date for the new model.
                  The C8 will be my first Corvette, I came close to getting one on several occasions but the FE layout and the push-rod engine were show stoppers for me so the Porsche mid-engine architecture lured me most of the time. I like to buy American (my SUV is American made) but the brief existence of the Saleem S-7 was never a serious option. With the new ME I am willing to accommodate the push-rod technology if there are no other options available. I like your view on the transition from FE to ME from a marketing perspective. But again, we are just guessing.

Comment

I agree it will take time to gain more approval of the ME lines by some "old timer" corvette crowd (I happen to be an old timer Corvette person, but love the "European styling" of the projected ME version). Time will tell how the general public will judge/accept the new styling. The majority of our Corvette Club members do not like the ME renderings (they are hard core FE advocates) but some silently admit they also love the ME styling.
                    Heidi
                    Save the Wave

Comment

Heidi, you have hit that nail on the head. When we got our C5 (first in our club), the club members stood around and derided openly its “big butt” as we were all standing around our car. However, within two years or three years a majority of our club owned one. Same hatred for the C6’s visible headlights, but then as you/we all know, the next thing to complain about was the non-round C7 tail lights. Next will be the ME, and my guess is that if you factor out those who can not afford it (even though it is going to start at being around GS priced, and then a “little more version for version), the majority of your club and mine will own a ME by around the third or fourth year of its being around.

I had a friend who was going to get a screaming deal C6 in 2013, and I literally begged him not to do that until he drove a C7 just once. Two days later, he owned his C7, and now half of his club has one (he was the President then).

This is going to be a tough adjustment to the ME, but when three or four of your club (like you) get your C8, it will happen for most (again those that are both able to afford a new Corvette and those who are going to be physically able to get into and out of one— for that too is another reason why GM needs to make this massive jump shift into a ME, get literally tens and tens of thousands of brand conquests who are younger.

BTW, I am 72 year old and that is not an age-prejudiced comment, but a real one for some (have three friends who used to be Corvette owners, but now no longer — as they can not physically get into or a low slung sports car.

Comment

John,

Excellent point about ME dislike people. You must factor out those who are unable to purchase one, even if they did like it. I think it’s a “sour grapes” thing.

Vic

Comment

I had a member of my current Corvette club sidle over to me at our Corvette club’s car show this past summer. He is the nicest person, though when the C7 came out, he was not kind as he talked about it (understatement). However, as he is standing next to my C7 in June, he said, “I wish I could afford one; maybe in a few more years are prices go down, I could get an use entry one.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X