MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

2 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

3 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
4 of 4 < >

UPGRADED FORUM SOFTWARE

To keep our forum growing with the latest software, it was just upgraded. LIke all changes, our goal is for 100% success, but sometimes only 99% is achieved. If you notice that 1%, please start a thread entitled “Software Upgrade Difference. “ Thank you for within it describing what was different, worked better or not as well. Thank you.
See more
See less

Will Cadillac Make a Mid-Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Cadillac Make a Mid-Engine

Rocket City Florida

Will go for whichever comes first

Comment

Nice find frenzy, odd proportions on that concept ... wheel base seems way to short. Interesting concept, but IMHO I don't see it happening

Comment

Good question. My belief has been along is that Cadillac might build a mid engine sports car, however, that it would not be until a 2023 MY, and then only as an all electric version. Right now Cadillac has much more important holes in his portfolio to deal with. Addtionally, when the XLR was being made, it only sold at an average rate of 2,750 per year. Cadillac can not now expend resources in view of its margin sales on a limited niche car like that, but maybe four years or so down the road.
        Last edited by John; 01-08-2019, 10:31 AM.
        So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

10 years or so ago...the audi brand made a smart mive with its halo vehicle R8 but that was years ago before hot rod urus and porsche kacans became the halo vehicle of the last few years...

cadillac was following the audi formula for marketing success when it decided to hire JDN..

unfortunately even though jDN followed his previous audi marketing and product plan ..the automotive enviromnent changed..

the audi R 8is dead in the water and I lersonallh believe when JDN took his exit.....so too did the decade old plan of a rear kid engine supercar for everyluxury brand...

its just nit a necessary component to get exposure and sales ..

the sedan market a decade ago was hot...and now its not....

hot rod cuv s are where its at...not two seat sports cars..

we dig sports cars...but the public is all about hot rod cuv s...

thats the halo vehicle for luxury brands these days...

i say no cadillac rear mid engine sports car...

the automotive lress will just pound on cadillac brand as the 2 seat cadillac will be a slow seller....low volume even if thats what its designed to be by the cadillac brand..

its a lose lose proposition no matter how great the vehicle is..

all that said...knowing how *** backwards cadillac has been...itll probably come out and be an outstanding anchor in the showrooms and cadillac will get lambasted by the media...

gm should really just close up cadillac at this point since cuvs are all the rage...

just elevate gmc and call it a day.

all cadillac dealers become gmc dealers overnight...and thats it.

just shooting the breeze..

Comment

Sadly, I think JB is corrrect in the above. Cadillac is likely to be focusing on SUVs and CUVs over any sports car. The fact that they could, relatively cheaply build on the C8 platform could sway the decision, but I think it's unlikely GM will, in the current environment, try to sell two premium, high performance sports car that compete with each other.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I'm inclined to think you guys are failing to see the merit of a luxury version of the Corvette Zora. If Cadillac made this vehicle with upgraded comfort and luxury, I"d wager they blow some folks away and, in doing so, sell a bunch of them.

Comment

The question is how does one define "a bunch." The Corvette already sells in very small numbers compared to something like a Chevy Malibu or Ford Fusion, which sell in small numbers compared to a Traverse or Exploder. Caddy is already de-emphasizing sports sedans in favor of SUVs, and a Caddy sports car would likely sell in even lower numbers than the CTS-V. Not sure GM would see those sales volumes as worthwhile, nor as very effective in bringing in potential customers for their bread and butter vehicles.

But all any of use can do is speculate.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  The question is how does one define "a bunch." The Corvette already sells in very small numbers compared to something like a Chevy Malibu or Ford Fusion, which sell in small numbers compared to a Traverse or Exploder. Caddy is already de-emphasizing sports sedans in favor of SUVs, and a Caddy sports car would likely sell in even lower numbers than the CTS-V. Not sure GM would see those sales volumes as worthwhile, nor as very effective in bringing in potential customers for their bread and butter vehicles.

But all any of use can do is speculate.
                  Hold your horses! If this is merely a cloaked mid engine corvette with Cadillac suit on and an upgraded interior (i.e. - sound system, sound proofing, fancy seats, etc.) and only a minor uptick in price, it could easily sell a couple thousand a year to aging* sports car buyers that like creature comforts.

* - me
                  Last edited by ltomn; 01-08-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

^^^
                    I agree. I'm just not convinced GM is interested in selling only "a couple thousand" of anything.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    27,000+ miles

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                      ^^^
                      I agree. I'm just not convinced GM is interested in selling only "a couple thousand" of anything.
                      Unless they copy the Alfa Romeo 4c to make a statement and bring traffic in to the dealership

Comment

If gm loaded the cadillac version with the softest most luxurious interior amd stunning showcar styling for a few thousand more than the cirvette that would be great.

cadillac is on a kick to charge Ridiculous pricing to create an air of exclusivity ...and its not working...

also a cadillac with the tt v8 might be faster than the lt1 derived standard corvette.

im not sure that would play well...unless the price for the cadillac was much more expemsive.

acuras nsx has been an utter failure.

its a nice vehicle...capable, reliable, good dealer network with a history of durability...

even discounted to 140 grand its not really moving and thats with vehicles optiomed to 200 grand...

at 140 they still are not flying out of the showrooms...

the cadillac wont use the lt1 derived 500 hp ohv engine priced around 70 to100 grand depending on options...five more than todays c7...

where does gm price the cadillac version of the c8?

110? With the tt v8?

even mercedes venerable SL convertible has had a huge retraction in sales..

two seaters are a miniscule segment ...

cadillac brand may get the c8 derived sports luxury vehicle...all the work is done.

im just not sure the cadillac version will help or hurt both the brand or the corporations perceptions.l.

if its a dud...the story will read cadillac 2 seat sportscar is the biggest flop since the ELR...

the ct6 has been a total embarrassment and its a great vehicle. Looks great...but after billions of dollars this vehicle is being discontinued rather abruptly..

the ats critically aclaimed being cancelled after slow sales,

cts in third generation dead...
                        the xls cancelled...

thats pretty rough

all thats left is the remake of the second generation cts sized prodict...

im a previous owmer of the cadillac and it was a fine vehicle...

cadillac went off track with JDN ...

lost many cadillac faithful.

Comment

I have to agree with you JBsC6, Caddy went through some serious changes. The ATS platform is superb. The CTS 2ND Gen is an awesome vehicle especially with the 556 HP V-Series. The 3RD Gen CTS-V with 640 HP they priced themselves out of the market. I currently own 2nd gen CTS-V and 3.6 ATS and ATS-V. I would love to see GM use the ME Platform for a Hardtop Vert Caddy, however it would have to be reasonably priced as VALUE is always involved in my decisions for vehicles.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                            I have to agree with you JBsC6, Caddy went through some serious changes. The ATS platform is superb. The CTS 2ND Gen is an awesome vehicle especially with the 556 HP V-Series. The 3RD Gen CTS-V with 640 HP they priced themselves out of the market. I currently own 2nd gen CTS-V and 3.6 ATS and ATS-V. I would love to see GM use the ME Platform for a Hardtop Vert Caddy, however it would have to be reasonably priced as VALUE is always involved in my decisions for vehicles.
                            Cool lineup of cadillacs in your stable!

Last edited by JB; 01-09-2019, 06:01 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X