MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
2 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
3 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
4 of 4 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

bdsvavars’ New 3 C8 Renders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bdsvavars’ New 3 C8 Renders

It is always interesting to see what Bjorn Daniel Svavarsson’s (bdsvavars) latest mid engine renderings are. We are fortunate that today he shared three of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A7B8F38-FAC1-4601-9302-44F451D7BCBA.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	21582

Name:	EF4B23F1-6CD3-42C1-AA10-0B58A4C44F54.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	21583

Name:	4F8BCA87-6573-4177-861F-F538B060251A.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	21584
    So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Nice work. I see the vehicle slightly less elongated wheelbase aft the doors and i think the hood or possibly the front fenders are probably slightly less pronounced..

of course i know less than the artist so with that I have to say thank you for sharing such a detailed effort.

always fun to see different insights of what our next generation corvette could possibly look like.

i was facinated to hear jalopnik was not going to feature such artwork for fear of a reprisal from GM itself...

i sort of remember gm was ****ed at jalopnik for their spoiler on the c7 reveal.

interesting that wacky and wild jalopnik would tow the media blackout this time or rather how close must this rendering be if jalopnik wants to tow the blackout mandate?

could this be so close that is the reason why?

all just in good fun..

Comment

Really nice drawings BDS. Thank you.

Comment

I have two friends, long term Corvette owners, both have a C7 who are looking forward the C8. They both however, wish that the hood were smoothly rounded, without creases. I however, really like the C7 sharp-edge-look, and from what we have seen, the C8 could be as sharp edge sculpted as the C7. Personally, I would love that look. This first rendering looks to me like a super aggressive, mid engined car — just what I am personally wanting.

Thanks you bdsvavars. I just love your one below. I like its stance, its power, its massive rear haunches, it lines flowing from the hood and over the top of the car. Happiness is...

Click image for larger version  Name:	0DD85B77-54B5-4037-A5CA-71940C8CAACB.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	222.8 KB ID:	21595
        Last edited by John; 01-04-2019, 11:24 PM.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Fantastic renderings, they are the ones I like the most so far. The car is harmonious and good looking, but at the same time has an agressive feel to it.

I certainly wouldn't mind the real car looking like this...

Comment

Exceptionally SWEeeeT, Thanks Bjorn, I have to agree, with not minding the actual deal appears similar. We are fortunate to see such talented renderings to keep us getting excited for the ME.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Thanks for the renders but as I’ve said before I really don’t like the rear end. Rest of the car looks great.
              Last edited by Jeff@DaumPhotography; 01-05-2019, 09:06 AM. Reason: corrected typo
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

I really like those.

We are spoiled with guys on here who can do great renders, including BD, FVS and Chaz.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  It is always interesting to see what Bjorn Daniel Svavarsson’s (bdsvavars) latest mid engine renderings are. We are fortunate that today he shared three of them.

Name:	6A7B8F38-FAC1-4601-9302-44F451D7BCBA.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	21582

Name:	EF4B23F1-6CD3-42C1-AA10-0B58A4C44F54.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	21583

Name:	4F8BCA87-6573-4177-861F-F538B060251A.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	21584
                  Thanks for posting these John, love ‘em! Now can I see it in white or a grey (really like the grey that Audi does!) I hope the car is similar to this

Comment

TtiME, here’s as close to your gray as I can get. Sorry, no white...

Name:	E5D9058C-9B0B-416D-9966-671E816005EE.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	21612Click image for larger version

Name:	1F9DBDEB-8DBC-4BA8-938C-063A8FEA7851.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	21613Click image for larger version

Name:	06737959-7334-41EB-BB69-807AAF26BB3D.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	21614

Comment

[QUOTE=John;n21594]I have two friends, long term Corvette owners, both have a C7 who are looking forward the C8. They both however, wish that the hood were smoothly rounded, without creases. I however, really like the C7 sharp-edge-look, and from what we have seen, the C8 could be as sharp edge sculpted as the C7. Personally, I would love that look.[QUOTE]

Agree completely. A rounded look would be reminiscent of the C5 / C6, which were great looking cars, but now look a little dated.

Great renders, too. I really like the way the side scoop inserts are recessed a bit from the main body sides. Oddly, this make them look more like an intentional part of the design, and better integrated, than the versions where they are flush with the body side, but have a noticeable seam between the two parts.

I also like the way BDSAVERS carried the flying buttresses past the rear window / venting and into the hatch lid. The camo'd cars don't show this, but the rear deck looks bulbous on those cars, so I suspect there's a bunch of padding hiding the true shape.

Attached Files
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Really like the rear 3/4. I think the different lines on the different surfaces go together really nicely!
                        Current Car - 550 HP 370Z Twin Turbo
                        Current Motorcycle - 2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
                        Future Car - ME Corvette!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          TtiME, here’s as close to your gray as I can get. Sorry, no white...

Name:	E5D9058C-9B0B-416D-9966-671E816005EE.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	21612Click image for larger version

Name:	1F9DBDEB-8DBC-4BA8-938C-063A8FEA7851.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	21613Click image for larger version

Name:	06737959-7334-41EB-BB69-807AAF26BB3D.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	21614
                          Thanks! Grey with black accents will look great. I hope they offer a lighter grey on this time. The current greys (look great) but are a bit dark for me.

Comment

It looks mostly like a "Corvette" in the overhead shots. I don't see the provenance as much in the side shots.

(Which isn't a criticism of the render or the car, just an observation of the overall design)

Comment

That first picture is awesome!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X