MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

C8 Needs Improved Features & Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition to better seat warmers, I would also like better “cooling” on the seats. Really helps on a warm day with the top down.

Comment

I understand that, for GM’s cooled seats on their upper SUV’s, work well. The actual seats on a C7 are not cooled as we know; the best they do is to circulate cabin air through them, so if you get into a hot C7 on a summer day, and it takes 15 minutes for the true interior temperature to drop from say 120 degree to 65 degrees, then only at the 15 minute mark do we start to feel some 65 degree air cooling through the seats with the seats very small three fans.

BTW, that was done deliberately by the Corvette team, for they weighed the weight of a true cooling system as GM has in its upper SUV’s, iand decided not to actually install such cooling equipment into the C7.

My guess is that if the rumor of down the road both a Grand Touring version and a separate Grand Sports version turns out to be correct, that the Grand Tourer, along with the added weight of its rumored thicker glass, more sound insulation, more creature comforts, etc., that one of those weight-added-components would be a truly cooling system — again just like GM puts into is upper SUV’s , but that no such cooling (other than pure cabin air circulation as we have in the C7) would be added to be added into the Grand Sports versions. However, again, these are guesses — not informed facts.
      Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Ah yes, the squeaky roof. It sure does need improvement for many (including for our C7 — though we did get our finally and fully fixed). We have a DIY thread with some suggestions/specifics for those who are still encountering this, but for some, this has regrettably been a long term, still unresevolved irritant.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...noises-squeaks

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Assuming "Adaptive Cruise" is the one that slows and stops as needed to follow traffic - I say bring that one on - it is awesome - a little unnerving at times, but awesome. Id also take lane departure warning for drowsy nights.

I had to defog the cabin this week - for the first time in three years - and the system was weak. I thought I was going to have to rag the windshield and the sidewindows never really cleared up. This could use some real help.

If I could add the vented/htd seats ala carte, and not part of the 3LT-LZ-ZR trim I would prefer that, or at least don't make me get alpaca on the dash when I order it on the seats with a 3ZR package - a little off topic.

And maybe if the front camera starts on when at parking/crawling speed - unless mine already does that and I am missing the setting.

Comment

Originally posted by HMDS View Post
            Assuming "Adaptive Cruise" is the one that slows and stops as needed to follow traffic - I say bring that one on - it is awesome - a little unnerving at times, but awesome. Id also take lane departure warning for drowsy nights.
            GM has agreed in writing with NHTSA (and has 80% of other major OEM’s) to have every one of its vehicle have automatic emergency braking. Since Adaptive Cruise is probably, equipmentment wise, 90% the same as AEB, my belief is that even the 1LT mid engine will come with that feature.

Comment

Areas the ME needs to do better than the C7/6:

1. Thermal management of engine/drive train - few things impair high performance driving (and purpose/perception/value of the car) more than poor thermal management.

2. If offering a targa, make sure it's quiet forever - few things impair perceived quality than rattles/squeaks. Offering a fixed roof option would be fab. The roofs on the fixed roof C6s were the same roof, but with obviously different hardware bolting it place in more spots than the targa's 4 attachment points - i.e. not difficult to do, and some of us would pay extra to get it.

3. The C6 saw variants go through multiple upgrades of differential and axles as they initially weren't strong enough. The drive train (particularly the DCT) needs to be bullet-proof.

4. Leather on dash (or anywhere else shouldn't pull away). Mine hasn't had that issue, but it seems quite a few have.

5. Make sure suppliers of components (transmission/rear diffs, etc) are properly filling fluid levels, unlike C7.

Comment

Interesting comment on seat heaters. Do you have leather or the fake suede? The micro suede seats in my Stingray get plenty hot. They take a little longer to heat up than other recent cars, but they're not terrible.

My Mazda Miata was the champion of seat heaters, though. It had 5 settings, and the hottest I not-so-fondly referred to as "roast turkey." I think it would cause burns if you were wearing shorts.

I definitely agree with the comment on better seat cooling. Driving a 'vert in high 80s or low 90s I want my seats actually air conditioned, not just ventilated. I had a Lexus loaner car with cooled seats and they were delightful.

Other than that, of the things mentioned in earlier posts, I agree with better HVAC and better cup holders. None of the other suggestions really speak to me. I'd also like to see near state of the art electronics. It's pretty sad when GM's halo car gets outshined by the audio system in a Chevy Cruze or VW Golf.
                Last edited by meyerweb; 01-04-2019, 06:26 PM.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by C8-wannabe View Post

100% agree. Once you use a car with it, it's hard to go back....
                  I'm glad you folks like it, but I absolutely, completely hate it. If its a standalone option, that is great (then you can order it), but if it is standard (and not able to be defeated), I will pass on the C8 just because of that! I hate it that much.

My list: real seats (which, given they will be Lear, will not happen); blind spot warning.

Comment

Originally posted by OnPoint View Post
                    Areas the ME needs to do better than the C7/6:

1. Thermal management of engine/drive train - few things impair high performance driving (and purpose/perception/value of the car) more than poor thermal management.

2. If offering a targa, make sure it's quiet forever - few things impair perceived quality than rattles/squeaks. Offering a fixed roof option would be fab. The roofs on the fixed roof C6s were the same roof, but with obviously different hardware bolting it place in more spots than the targa's 4 attachment points - i.e. not difficult to do, and some of us would pay extra to get it.

3. The C6 saw variants go through multiple upgrades of differential and axles as they initially weren't strong enough. The drive train (particularly the DCT) needs to be bullet-proof.

4. Leather on dash (or anywhere else shouldn't pull away). Mine hasn't had that issue, but it seems quite a few have.

5. Make sure suppliers of components (transmission/rear diffs, etc) are properly filling fluid levels, unlike C7.

I’ll add to number five. Make sure the suppliers are truly building to the specs. I think that is a lot of the problems.
                    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                    79 coupe Silver/oyster
                    All one owner
                    Museum lifetime members

Comment

I agree on the thermal mgt issue - I don't limp but it is sometimes close and definitely loses a bunch of power to heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post

I’ll add to number five. Make sure the suppliers are truly building to the specs. I think that is a lot of the problems.
                        I agree.

Oh, and I forgot an item. So, I guess #6 - GM should upgrade the quality of wheels on the ME. We have pretty solid evidence now that the quality of the wheels - particularly on the widebody vettes, were better on the C6 than on the C7. Seems like we have a lot more bent wheels on C7 widebodies than we ever saw on C6 widebodies. That downward trend needs reversed.

Comment

Ever vehicle I am aware of that has BSP or Adaptative Cruise control allows it to be defeated easily, and neither needs to be re-defeated every time the car is re-started — just a “one and done.”

My wife’s Mazda 3 has great adjustment feature on her Adaptive Cruise that allows it additionally to se easily “sensitivity adjustment” (single touch). Do I actively like it? I do not, but as it could save on mistake by either of us, it is kept engaged on our car by choice.

I sure agree on wheel quality. Who among us would not pay an extra $100 in the MSRP to get stronger wheels.

Comment

The ability to turn off cylinder de-activation in tour and sport modes on automatic transmission cars. Having to resort to an OBD2 plug in device is lame.

Comment

I cannot agree with you more!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                                The ability to turn off cylinder de-activation in tour and sport modes on automatic transmission cars. Having to resort to an OBD2 plug in device is lame.
                                I agree that would be nice but with government regulations I would be surprised if it gets any better.
                                With the system on the new trucks able to go down to one cylinder or any combination up to eight it’s just getting more complicated.
                                I can live with the cylinder deactivation as it’s pretty seamless as long as it doesn’t cause problems like transmission shudder and thus torque converter problems.
                                There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                                2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                                79 coupe Silver/oyster
                                All one owner
                                Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X