MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
2 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
3 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
4 of 4 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

Rendering the ZORA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering the ZORA

I think most do not realize the effort that has gone into the renderings of the mid engined Corvette ZORA. I contacted Autodesk to discuss the programs that would best facilitate the renderings that we have seen so far. There are quite a few videos of the Alias programs that can facilitate a rendering such as Chazcron's beautiful renderings. The Alias suite of programs have the ability to create Class A surfaces with their tools. A couple videos to watch are Downstream use of model, Light ray effects and reflections, Fast concept modeling overview, Deck seam, Multiblend Tool, Predictive Control, and Scan data workflows: surface from mesh.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/al...ducts/features
    Last edited by Skank; 01-03-2019, 02:25 PM.

Hey Skank! Something (a phone call) tells me that this is very expensive stuff. How does one guy sitting in his den afford this program to do "casual" renderings of a car not yet released for his buddies??

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wind_c7b339cf550a5434fb1bec174d9aed0304ff40bc.gif
Views:	9
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	21394 Showing key spline analysis:
      Last edited by John; 01-03-2019, 03:02 PM.
      So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

That is one of the images that makes me wonder how this is accomplished by a "Sunday driver."
        ""

Comment

The quality of the renderings created by the artists on this site leads me to believe they use these sorts of tools to make a living, and are not just "Sunday drivers."
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            The quality of the renderings created by the artists on this site leads me to believe they use these sorts of tools to make a living, and are not just "Sunday drivers."
            That is exactly my point!! Makes us wonder if Chaz works for Corvette Design. Look closely at the GIF above. It shows the exact splines that appear in the Alias website videos. That software is super expensive and extremely complex. Skank and I discussed the price of the Alias Suite and it goes from $12k - $40k. This is not run of the mill stuff!!

Comment

Agreed. They are all professional commercial/indistrial artists and share their passion for Corvettes in a beautiful synthesis for us.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Agreed. They are all professional commercial/indistrial artists and share their passion for Corvettes in a beautiful synthesis for us.
                The real question is are these guys working for Corvette Design and were they put on here to appease us while waiting for the release?

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post

The real question is are these guys working for Corvette Design and were they put on here to appease us while waiting for the release?
                  This software is used in many other fields than automotive design.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I understand that but this stuff is quire expensive and not like buying a fly rod and reel. It's bought by corporations, not individuals.

Comment

Alias, Modo, Solidworks... all great software...all pretty pricey

There are a few like Blender that is "free" I think this is what Chaz and BDS use. It has a quicker learning curve but is limited in skins and environments etc.

Alias can render true photo-realistic images that you could not tell from photography. There is specialized software specifically for the output renderings.

Takes a long time which is why we are lucky to have Chaz and BDS doing these 3d renders for us.

Comment

Thanks fvs! We are fortunate to have you, Chazcron and bdsvavars, helping to make out waiting times for the C8 much more pleasurable, downright exciting at times.

I can confirm that Chazcron is learning/using Blender, though I do not know whether he is using other programs too.

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                          I understand that but this stuff is quire expensive and not like buying a fly rod and reel. It's bought by corporations, not individuals.
                          Prior to retirement, I used much corporate software for my own personal use after hours. The company had no problem with that at all, as it didn't cost them anything extra. Come to think of it, I'm still using MS Office software licensed by the company. With their permission.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          27,000+ miles

Comment

I talked with a rep from Autodesk, as per post #1 above, about their Alias Surface Design program. By far it is the industry standard worlwide for design and engineering within the auto industry. No other company comes close. In fact most car companies use Autodesk, when I did a LinkedIn search of AutoDesk Alias. They also have some rendering programs that are relatively inexpensive. Yesterday, I received a call back again from them and we discussed what program would be required to render something like Chazcrons latest where he shows a shiny floor under the C8 ME reflecting its image. We discussed light reflection and the potential multiple points of perspective of those lights relative to Chazcrons renderings. Most simple rendering programs, such as Modo and Blender, cannot utilize multiple light points of perspective (typically only one point of perspective) nor can they do reflective ground surfaces that reflect the correct light intensity of the cars surface. He told me that it would require the Alias program with VRED to accomplish that rendering. Both are very expensive programs that are typically only used by auto manufacturers. Chazcron is doing some incredible renderings so I'll just leave it there.....
                            Last edited by Skank; 01-05-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks.

There are are others that do the same thing but Alias is really great for surfaces. Solidworks and Pro E are used for tooling and can do motion tests but for rendering photorealistic images or video Alias is great.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X