Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

What did you take or forget to take with you when picking up your C8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you take or forget to take with you when picking up your C8?

So the count down has started, I'm about four weeks away for delivery according to my dealer in Monroe, Washington. I've been thinking about what I should take with me when I go pick it up. I have started a list of things for the service department for when they do the PDI process but now I'm just thinking items I should take with me when it's ready.

I have on order a SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card for the PDR, along with a USB-C to USB C 3.1 Gen2 Cable to connect my Samsung Galaxy S9+, links below in case anyone is interested.

The 64 gig SD card will give me over 11 hours or recording at 1080, which is plenty for what I will be doing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9J1YXN...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X4GQ1SS...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I thought about two of the key fob RF blocking cases but I haven't done much searching for that, what are others using?

Is there something else I should consider taking with me, or something others wished they had taken with them when they picked up their car?

Cheers, PB
    Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Took possession Saturday, January 9, 2021.

As you asked for recommendations:

1) Take an OCD car person with you, who can systematically while your emotions are on overdrive, methodically inspect all of your car (including the inner wheels and tires) to insure there was no delivery nor manufacturing issues you will be inheriting. Make sure you and he/she have a small but powerful flashlight to do such inspecting.

2) Take a copy of your WorkBench print out and methodically check off that every item on there is on your Monroney sticker and if visible,, inside/outside and/or attached to your car.

3) Get a signed by the Tech, PDI inspection report (in your hand before you write that final check).

4) Make sure your car has its Owner’s Manual and its little emergency gas-fill-up funnel.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The only thing we "forgot" is our high quality camera. It was on my list but somehow was left behind. So we had cell phone camera which was fine. I did bring my self created PDI list of items to inspect on the C8 which included findings other folks had reported on the forum since they picked up their C8s. Don't think I have that list any more. I didn't bother bringing things like a PDR card or anything else like that which I could test and use later. No problem with having two fobs in the car for the drive home.

You got four weeks. Good idea planning ahead. I had made all my decisions regarding add ons, On-Star etc. and what I wanted and what I'd reject. No decisions along those lines needed to be made at the dealer during the excitement of picking up a new C8!

Comment

I left the dealership with only one fob.
        The OnStar lady took too long and we forgot about it. LOL.
        Also, don't forget to turn on the PDR for both Video and Audio as It defaults to neither.
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I brought a good glow in the dark tire gage and a good plug kit along with a 12v tire inflator with a long cord. Also a small spray bottle with a mix of dishwashing liquid and water to find where the leak is and a small needle nose pliers. I have been stranded in the mountains in nowhere land before with a flat. At least with these items you can pretty quickly be back on the road.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
            I brought a good glow in the dark tire gage and a good plug kit along with a 12v tire inflator with a long cord. Also a small spray bottle with a mix of dishwashing liquid and water to find where the leak is and a small needle nose pliers. I have been stranded in the mountains in nowhere land before with a flat. At least with these items you can pretty quickly be back on the road.
            Being stranded is no fun. I have no idea how far he has to drive from the dealer. He might be OK. "Free" roadside service, he probably doesn't need to prepare for plugging a tire when he picks up his new C8 but I guess it depends where he's gotta go.

Comment

I brought a big DSLR camera. They let me into the service department for the unwrapping and PDI. I also brought a binder with all the paperwork from previous cars I bought to impress upon them how much I valued every memento. I was rewarded with a mountain of paperwork.
              C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

The only thing I took with me to the Museum was my wife, a copy of the paid receipt for the car, a temporary license tag, and the Texas Toll Tag. I guess I'm not OCD enough to need anything but the basics. (We also had a soft sided travel bag and a couple changes of clothes.) By the way, the 800 mile drive home was totally enjoyable..... Don't overthink the delivery experience and take all of the fun out of it.
                2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Hi Panic Button,
                  If you are ever up in Mount Vernon sometime, I would love to see your car! I have a 2021 ELB 3LT Z51 on order and I have seen a few C8s come in with other color combinations. Sadly I have not been able to see a ELB in person yet as we are not scheduled to receive any ELB cars before mine comes in (which will be awhile).
                  Of course once I see one, it will probably make the wait seem even longer.😉
                  Bill
                  Last edited by MGfoursixeight; 11-28-2020, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone, lots of great information here for sure. I will get all my ducks in a row so this goes smoothly.

Cheers, PB
                    Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Comment

Originally posted by MGfoursixeight View Post
                      Hi Panic Button,
                      If you are ever up in Mount Vernon sometime, I would love to see your car! I have a 2021 ELB 3LT Z51 on order and I have seen a few C8s come in with other color combinations. Sadly I have not been able to see a ELB in person yet as we are not scheduled to receive any ELB cars before mine comes in (which will be awhile).
                      Of course once I see one, it will probably make the wait seem even longer.😉
                      Bill
                      Hi Bill, I have been attending a gathering in north Marysville most Saturdays this year at the big parking lot where Harbor Freight is on State & 116th. When the season starts again in March or April, I do plan on being there on Saturdays, weather permitting.

You may already know or have heard about the gathering, it's been happening for several years now. I normally take my little red Miata (aka Panic Button) there and I plan on taking both next year so that should be an easy drive for you. Most everyone was masking and social distancing so I never felt uncomfortable being there.

You can send me a PM and we can make plans to meet.

Cheers, PB

Comment

Sounds good, thanks PB!
                        Bill

Comment

Don't forget when paying for the car that the deposit money is in the final receipt. I literally paid for the car and didn't realize that they didn't put in my original $1k deposit in the purchase price (15 months later). If I didn't notice it a couple of days later I would've missed out on that money. The small things... lol.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X