Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

ISSUES WITH NAVIGATION - SD Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISSUES WITH NAVIGATION - SD Card

For any of you that may encounter an SD card error when logging into you Navigation app, pls know that there is a NAV SD card inserted in the center console right above the USB ports. This SD card can, by mistake, come loose when you are inserting a cord or something in the console. I removed and re-inserted the SD card in the glove box multiple times thinking that was the issue, but NO. For those of us that have the Z51 package and the PDR system, there are 2 SD card slots. One in the glove box which records the PDR, and the 2nd contains the NAV maps in your center console. Murray and I went back and forth on this issue and finally figured it out. Just thought I would put it out there if anyone comes up with the issue like I did.
    Convertible Black Z51 - tan interior - LT3, high spoiler wing, 3-spoke black wheels, red seat belts

I learned something new from the conversations that there is a card for the Nav. Learn something new all the time about these cars. I also learned that you have to be somewhat of a contortionist to get the card back in! lol.
    Small point: The PDR is a 2,3LT thing, not limited to Z51
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

That is awesome. I kept getting the SD Card Error but could not figure out what the system was talking about. I will look and re-insert the card in the center console next time I take the car out!
      '20 C8, Ceramic Matrix Gray, Z51, 3LT, E60, FE4, FA5, VST

Comment

Originally posted by GPFboyJS View Post
        That is awesome. I kept getting the SD Card Error but could not figure out what the system was talking about. I will look and re-insert the card in the center console next time I take the car out!
        This SD card needs a fingernail to fully insert it. Not like some I have seen.
        2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
        2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
        Spectra Grey Tridents.
        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I just used my finger / maybe a little bit of nail... it wasn't hard but like Murray said, it is to the side and behind you which makes it a little awkward sitting in the drivers seat. Its not difficult though. you will feel it insert fully in and then the NAV app should run smoothly.
          Convertible Black Z51 - tan interior - LT3, high spoiler wing, 3-spoke black wheels, red seat belts

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
            I learned something new from the conversations that there is a card for the Nav. Learn something new all the time about these cars. I also learned that you have to be somewhat of a contortionist to get the card back in! lol.
            Small point: The PDR is a 2,3LT thing, not limited to Z51
            I've perfected falling down into the seat for the last five or six inches of entry! I'm taller so my seat is deeeeep in the cabin. Contortionist skills needed for retrieve the phone from the waterfall pocket too. Most the time I just lift it gently by the cord, and sort of toss it in when I'm using it while driving. I'm working on a solution for that!

Comment

Took delivery last Friday, Nav errored out this morning. My first visit was to this forum for info. Instant solution, working again. Thanks!!!

Comment

Good information as I will be getting my C8 by the end of December according to my dealer and I ordered the 3LT package.

I can only think like any other device, the car should be turned off completely before ejecting or inserting the SD card.

Cheers, PB
                Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Took possession Saturday, January 9, 2021.

Comment

read the owners manual. Most of this information can be found there. if you are still waiting for your car, you can download the manuals online
                  3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Can someone post a picture of where the NAV SD card is inserted in the center console? I could not find this in the Owner's Manual. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Chapman View Post
                      Can someone post a picture of where the NAV SD card is inserted in the center console? I could not find this in the Owner's Manual. Thanks
                      I found this online, hope it helps. The SD card slot is above the USB ports.

Cheers, PB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Center Console Rear.png
Views:	331
Size:	583.2 KB
ID:	212977
                      Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Panic Button View Post
                        I can only think like any other device, the car should be turned off completely before ejecting or inserting the SD card.

Cheers, PB
                        Actually the PDR only needs to be stopped before card is retrieved, not the car turned off.
                        2020 Yellow LT2 convertible
                        2015 Z51 LT2 Yellow coupe - for sale now!
                        2006 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
                        2002 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
                        1993 Yellow coupe - sold
                        1979 Red coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by carbuff View Post
                          Actually the PDR only needs to be stopped before card is retrieved, not the car turned off.
                          Thanks, that's good to know.

Cheers, PB

Comment

Same issue when staring the car cold

Name:	02A456C7-A205-4A45-942E-D809648D27F7.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	214441

Nav card had not been moved. Switch car off for 5 mins, then started it agin and all was good. Likely boot sequence code for the IVI.

Name:	F541C9EB-AE45-424E-A5AB-AE0FC5C9329F.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	214442
                            GMO Rapid Blue, 3LT, HTO tension/twilight blue, FA5 CF interior, Z51, FE4 magnetic ride, E60 front lift, Q8T spectra gray tridents, STI composite rockers, VQK splash guards. Built 7/24, delivered 8/28.

Comment

C84me Best photo yet of the area in the console where the NAV SD card is inserted. Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=214442&amp;d=1607177834&amp;type=medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	214452

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X