Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

Dealer allocations for the 2021 C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer allocations for the 2021 C8

I am #74 on a waiting list at a large NW dealership. They just told me they have received 25 allocations for this month, but not sure of the total they will have for the year. I assume at this rate, I would be in the 3rd month of orders.
    My question is, isn't the best scenario to be high on the waiting list, with a dealership with the largest allotments (based on previous sales) ? It seems some smaller dealerships are taking deposits over more than 100 people, when they may only get 40 allocations for the year. Am I understanding all this correctly ?

Yes where you are is where you want to be IMO as long as they are not charging over MSRP. This thread will be helpful in fleshing out the complete Corvette ordering process, especially like right now when demand so exceeds supply.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...t-is-delivered

As to some dealerships taking long lists with far less annual allocations, as long as they are completely honest with their customers as to where they stand, I have zero problem with that. Like all others here however, I get incensed when they promise the moon, telling “tall tales” to their customers when they have no chance of delivering, even more outrageous when they are taking deposits up front in such scenarios.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Yes, they charged $2,000 over MSRP back when I got in line, but right now they want $5,000 over, as they told me they would later on. They are in Calif, so not too far.
      I figured 2K was better than shipping from NJ or back east from one of the giant dealers. My local dealer said honestly they have only a few allocations expected, and a long waiting list already. I tried a Kentucky dealer who wanted $1,000 deposit, but they already had several hundred in line, and refused to tell me their expected allocations.

Comment

Originally posted by Connect2us View Post
        Yes, they charged $2,000 over MSRP back when I got in line, but right now they want $5,000 over, as they told me they would later on. They are in Calif, so not too far.
        I figured 2K was better than shipping from NJ or back east from one of the giant dealers. My local dealer said honestly they have only a few allocations expected, and a long waiting list already. I tried a Kentucky dealer who wanted $1,000 deposit, but they already had several hundred in line, and refused to tell me their expected allocations.
        I'm in Vancouver and bought my 2020 through a large dealership in the Atlanta area. They charged $2500 down, but applied it to the purchase price, which was MSRP....nothing added on. Overall, a really positive experience.

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post

I'm in Vancouver and bought my 2020 through a large dealership in the Atlanta area. They charged $2500 down, but applied it to the purchase price, which was MSRP....nothing added on. Overall, a really positive experience.
          Agreed the deposit is a lock on the slot and should be applied to the purchase price. Also it should be refundable if they cannot get you a car due to lack of allocations. Any dealer that does something else is unethical and I wouldn't deal with . Go to the big dealers but from what is being published it looks like 2021 cars are sold out.

Comment

I believe the first allocations released by GM are for the first three months of production, January, February, March. If your dealer got only 25 ,you have a long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
              I believe the first allocations released by GM are for the first three months of production, January, February, March. If your dealer got only 25 ,you have a long wait.
              At least he knows where he stands in line. That’s helpful for those of us who have to plan for next year.
              Last edited by Plentyfast; 11-27-2020, 10:45 AM.
              Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                The first allocations were for the month of November and the next allocations will be given out to the dealers on December 10 and January 14. Prior to the November allocations, the dealers were given an estimate of total allocations for the months of November, December and January. It appears GM will be giving the allocations out every three months. The next allocations will be for February, March and April. Hopefully I will be in the February allocations.

Comment

I placed my order through a Chevy dealer in Richardson Texas and deposited $1000 and selected all the options I wanted on the 2LT CORVETTE HT with all the Z51 options on August 5 2020 with total MSRP of $84k. Can the auto dealer legally mark up on my total MSRP? I’m still waiting for my order and hopefully by end of March 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Edlynaquino View Post
                    I placed my order through a Chevy dealer in Richardson Texas and deposited $1000 and selected all the options I wanted on the 2LT CORVETTE HT with all the Z51 options on August 5 2020 with total MSRP of $84k. Can the auto dealer legally mark up on my total MSRP? I’m still waiting for my order and hopefully by end of March 2021
                    Welcome to the forum. This subject of ordering has been discussed ad nauseum in several threads including a whole section on this forum. I would suggest reading the valuable information posted here. To cut to the chase, yes dealers can and do sell MSRP plus additional markup. Second, technically you did not place an order in August. GM stopped accepting orders for 2020 cars in March and didn’t take the first orders for 2021 cars until the November allocation on the 12th. If your deposit was put in on Aug 5 then you will likely not see your car till summer or later depending on the dealer allocation. Your deposit just got you a spot in line and your order will be placed when the dealer has enough allocations for all the people ahead of you on their waitlist. To really cut to the chase your best bet to get a car is deal with the large dealers on this forum who all sell at MSRP with no markup and get sizable allocations anually.
                    Deposit Aug 2, 2020
                    status 1100 Aug 29, 2020
                    Sebring Orange HTC, 3LT, Natural, Performance Exhaust. MRC. Edge red calipers. Trident spectra gray wheels. Battery maintenance package. My first corvette ever.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X